Peugeot 106

Kadama

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 28, 2004
West Midlands, Malvern
Hey guys, i passed my test in sept (woop woop!) and i bought my first car, a Peugeot 106 Mardi Gras. Being a 960CC odd car, i find it's not to my liking, and i have been thinking about buying a Peugeot 106 QuickSilver 1.4.

My friend has one and it's really nice, i was wondering if anyone is an owner of a Peugeot 106 QuickSilver and what your views are about the car, i mean even if you don't own one, i'd still like to hear what your opinion is please!

Thanks,
/Kadama

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
Why buy a 106.. their pretty unreliable, if your going to spend that amount of cash get yourself something like a CORSA 1997 model or whatever.. their more reliable.... Other than that. if you want the sport, i bought a corsa sport sxi new model.. its a good car but crap on petrol.. if your into chavish stuff and want to modifiy,, go with a MGZR but get a diesel and remap the engine for extra BHP.

Kadama

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 28, 2004
West Midlands, Malvern
I love the style of a peugeot 106, when they are lowered they look really smart imo.

The corsa has slow acceleration so ive been told, and i couldn't see myself driving a corsa anyway, they wouldn't suit me haha. Saying that, you should see me in my 106 mardi gras, i look like a joke lol.

/kadama

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
I love the style of a peugeot 106, when they are lowered they look really smart imo.

The corsa has slow acceleration so ive been told, and i couldn't see myself driving a corsa anyway, they wouldn't suit me haha. Saying that, you should see me in my 106 mardi gras, i look like a joke lol.

/kadama

Well my SXI pulls quicker than my mates BMW so......

Atomicide

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2003
Not sure about the newer models, but my 1997 corsa was pretty quick off the mark. Also, if everything chavs use become "undesirable" then eventually you won't be able to use anything lol. Nothing in its basic form is "chavish"

A BMW = not a chav car. A BMW with £2.99 window tint that doesnt cover properly, McDonald uniforms under the seats, and burberry seat covers = chavish.

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
mental hes just passed his driving test what your suggesting is out of his insurance league.

i like 106's i prefer them over the corsa. and the 106 quiksilver is very nice and not as common as the corsa. if you can afford to buy the qksilver and can afford the rise in insurance i say go for it. but maybe after a few months of it you might want something faster again, i say get the 1.4 then build your no claims.

DeathWish

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Oct 29, 2003
well i had a 106 quiksilver for 2 weeks then wrote it off. they r pretty nice i loved it but they do slide like *** goin round rounderbowts

kud125

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 18, 2004
well i had a 106 quiksilver for 2 weeks then wrote it off. they r pretty nice i loved it but they do slide like *** goin round rounderbowts
ahaha oh yes they do!
the back end is very snappy tho, comes back in very quickly if you can control it

they're very fun to drive, light and nippy, and can take corners a hell of a lot better than most cars..

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Old corsas and 106`s both have the same TU engine mental u mooooob

Insane

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 18, 2003
The Matrix!!
Hey guys, i passed my test in sept (woop woop!) and i bought my first car, a Peugeot 106 Mardi Gras. Being a 960CC odd car, i find it's not to my liking, and i have been thinking about buying a Peugeot 106 QuickSilver 1.4.

My friend has one and it's really nice, i was wondering if anyone is an owner of a Peugeot 106 QuickSilver and what your views are about the car, i mean even if you don't own one, i'd still like to hear what your opinion is please!

Thanks,
/Kadama

To be honest, Im not a fan of the 106, too small for me! The quicksilvers look ok, but tbh I only ever see wideboy numpties driving them thinking theyve got a sportscar when really they havent. The only reason its even as quick as it is is because its light, ive pissed all over cars like that in my current ride which ways probably a ton more!

--------
EDIT: I take back the above comments about the type of people who own 106 quicksilvers. I just get irate about the current crop of young drivers banging about in cars such as these, corsas, puntos and the like thinking they own the road and cutting people up without thinking first. It happens to me all the time, some sub 21 year old in a pimped up car with a baked bean tin strapped to the exhuast just dumps there car in front of me at a junction or a slip road and gets right on my friking bell end!
--------

However, a base 106 is as good a car as any to start your driving life, small, easy to park (if its got PAS) and probly cheap insurance too. Despite being 32, I only passed my test 2 years ago (could never be arsed to learn to drive) and got a rover 214si. Was a great car, easy to drive but its a rover, a car your grandad drives if you know what I mean!

I currently have a V Reg Peugoet 406 2.0i and its the bollox. Every creature comfort you can imagine, PAS, ABS, Dual Climate Control, Traction Control, 6 CD Auto Changer as standard..... Its like **** off a stick too for a big car, I can hit 60 in a little over 6 seconds. I never really liked Peugoets, but after this one im sticking with them for a while. Im currently toying with the idea of buying the 3.0L V6 Coupe model of the 406.

Think safty too, my mate is a fireman and my dad is a Paramedic and a 106 would collapse and die in heavy crash. Its like the food chain, a 106 is at the bottom because of its size, its gets down and dirty with a bigger car and its history. When youve got a bit more driving ecperiance and confidence etc. I would advise geting a bigger car, something around the size of an astra/mondeo/focus etc.

Paul

Last edited:

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
406 2.0I very nice, personally if i was you id go away from peugeot not known for their reliability. and instead of the 3.0 coupe do a lil info into the VW corrado 2.6 vr6 engine, lovely car and german, but with a good gear box.

as to first cars, i hate chavs in their pimp'ed mobiles their twats on the road. and i h8 having to sit in the back of one, prefer the big cars with plenty of leg room and plenty of rev's.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
406 2.0I very nice, personally if i was you id go away from peugeot not known for their reliability. and instead of the 3.0 coupe do a lil info into the VW corrado 2.6 vr6 engine, lovely car and german, but with a good gear box.

as to first cars, i hate chavs in their pimp'ed mobiles their twats on the road. and i h8 having to sit in the back of one, prefer the big cars with plenty of leg room and plenty of rev's.
yes i agree. im not really a small car person i like big fast car's but im not one of those people who would rag the **** out of it every day just one ever so oftern just unwinde the car is always good but i also want to try some track days :D

/ancient

lozmuir

Former Moderator
VIP
Apr 17, 2003
Congleton, Cheshire.
yes i agree. im not really a small car person i like big fast car's but im not one of those people who would rag the **** out of it every day just one ever so oftern just unwinde the car is always good but i also want to try some track days :D

/ancient

i take my RS track racing, its ****ing awesome.

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
small cars **** me up when they go around corners i hate it they lean over like a *****. then i get in my dads car with me bro driving and going round round abouts and corners at awesome speeds safely.