Peugeot 106

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
oh yes you are right it is the 2.9 for the corrado. if thats too powerful there is the 1.8 supercharged G60 not sure which would be quicker though.

Insane

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 18, 2003
The Matrix!!
406 2.0I very nice, personally if i was you id go away from peugeot not known for their reliability. and instead of the 3.0 coupe do a lil info into the VW corrado 2.6 vr6 engine, lovely car and german, but with a good gear box.

To be honest, my 406 has 170K on the clock and its still going strong. To date only major part replacements since new is clutch/cam belts/system bsi (although that was because a silly arse who tried to fix my speedos not working and took the bloody lot down) and thats it! Have a small linkage problem with reverse at the moment, pops out sometimes, but apart from that its a superb car. Quick, ive thrashed alsorts of cars in it, handles ok too, for example - looking out of the side window whilst negotiating a turn. I mean, its not a cool car, but its practical, I have a wife and 2 kids, its got a big enough boot for 4 sets of golf clubs and its comfortable to drive.

The missus' half cousin, who is one of my best mates gets all his cars on contract hire and changes it every year, and ive drove most of his cars which include a John Cooper Works BMW Mini, Crysler Crossfire, Suburu Imprezza WRX Prodrive Enhanced & his current Ford Focus ST Turbo.

Of the all, the Mini was the most fun, the imprezza the stickiest and the Focus the fastest and driftiest. It will spin the wheels all the way up to 5th gear leaving a plume of smoke behind you thick enough to need your fog lights for. As for the VW, I would go for the Bora if I got one. An old mate has the V5(?) Bora and it was lightening, but still practical.

i take my RS track racing, its ****ing awesome.
RS what? My mate has the Focus ST and its a flying machine. Easily up to 140MPH without even noticing your moving.

Paul

Floyd

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 2, 2004
oh yes you are right it is the 2.9 for the corrado. if thats too powerful there is the 1.8 supercharged G60 not sure which would be quicker though.

g60 then Eaton it if u can(u can with the G40's) n stick some toothies on, cam etc w000000 flying, the VR6's r **** tbh..

law states u have to have insurance, but tbf, half the population of this country that drive dont even have licenses!!!

Insane: Take a classic mini out, then say the BINI was fun, i think there completely ****, but them im biased anyway, but tbf a couple of my m8s said they drive crap and i dont disagree

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
bora's are amazing cars, yes it is a v5 they put in them my neighbours got one. very practical my dad was gonna go for one or a jetta, bora wasnt good enuff on fuel and jetta had a few months waiting list so he went for avensis.