Recieved word from my domain provider

smoochy boys on tour

BeaverLJ

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 12, 2005
Cambridge,England, UK
tbh scorp we know for a fact that CrapZone are jelous of Project69 because they pretend they are the #1 server which they are far from, and far from p69 aswell.
how do u know that it wasnt another geeky noob from CrapZone again? because they done so before. and when they done it before they had no brains and made a thread about it, so maybe they have increased their brain capasity a little n emailed you again but didnt put a thread on CrapZone forums?

Scorpian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 8, 2003
Manchester
BLJ Theres no need for that please remove that post.
Unless someone can give me an explanation to how an email could be faked through me sending the first email then I have no reason to believe its fake.

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
BeaverLJ said:
tbh scorp we know for a fact that CrapZone are jelous of Project69 because they pretend they are the #1 server which they are far from, and far from p69 aswell.
how do u know that it wasnt another geeky noob from CrapZone again? because they done so before. and when they done it before they had no brains and made a thread about it, so maybe they have increased their brain capasity a little n emailed you again but didnt put a thread on CrapZone forums?

Aww you got me :( Your right, im internal GN staff, i put my hands up:mooned: Please note: RaGEZONE (Resource forum) RaGEZONE Mir2 (Server)

Scorpian said:
BLJ Theres no need for that please remove that post.
Unless someone can give me an explanation to how an email could be faked through me sending the first email then I have no reason to believe its fake.

send me your mail headers and ill have a final gander, but since they are able to recieve and it is registered to GN, it is 99% real.. anyways pm those headers.

NickAKAVexus

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2005
New york
Obvious answer is to get a new domain make sure your new site isn't using their videos and images which you currently use. You will have to link(mirror) to your client files instead of hosting them yourself.

Remember they can't do anything about your emulated 1.9 server. I told staff this on forum and they banned me instantly and checked up on my euro chars so I must of really pissed them off. They know this too they went on how they will get people for the images and names on websites which you have. You're probably the first target.

That idiot webby_webster or whatever the hell his name is started all this crap, he should be instantly banned from lomcn when its confirmed who he is.

Ash

Peace Not War .
VIP
Mar 13, 2004
England (UK)
Nope its not DMX lol, he is called DMX on euro forums aswell.... And he isnt like that.

Its just someone on here who likes to annoyin euro mir & gn :P

>DMX<

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Manchester
Rebel. said:
It's blatantly >DMX< he used to be called Webby

Hello idiot, it isn't me and i still use the identity Webby.. Webby_Webster_The_3rd is Porkchop on here and eggo60 on euro and has no connection with me atall. If in doubt ask Dataforce as he knows it aint me.

So before you think you know everything, dont bother posting because you know nothing.

Last edited:

Atomicide

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2003
ffs, thats the second post ive lost now, so im making this one short.

1. Running official files is theft and is illegal, regardless of profitability from them. Just like stealing bread is illegal even if you dont intend to sell it.

2. Emulators are illegal. I cant make a copy of a Dyson hoover and sell it as my own.

Example 1 is a Criminal case, Example 2 is a Civil case. You want to get a Criminal case, because that would result in a small fine, or a warning, or at worse a Suspended Jail Sentence - Which basically means "Dont run an illegal server again for the next x months or you go to jail". Civil cases are money cases, i have no idea of your estimated liability, because this would be the first case of its kind.

What i can say is the second they throw in the "intellectual property" card, the ball goes into you court, and the whole thing slides on your favour. Just remind them that in the event they LOST an intellectual property theft case, the likely ruling will be that all items ingame, including characters, gold, etc will become of Monetary Value, resulting in lawsuits over hacked accounts, items being lost in rewinds, and whatever else people want. Thus crippling their company and the game itself, and worst case, the entire MMORPG industry will be ****ed over and have to close.

If the issue just over images, videos, and links on the website say its a fansite or something, if it goes a bit deeper, change your site, host files on an external link site and link to them, and post some disclaimers (most are worthless but they dont always know that).

Finally, if you decide to take this further with them, make sure you read up a lot of information, get some decent facts and statistics together, point out thing thing about intellectual property, and make sure you spell and punctuate correctly. If they think theyre up against someone with some decent knowledge and understanding, they might back off and go for someone else. If you e-mail and say "lol iam runnin an emu u cant sew me LOZL" then they will tear you to shreds in seconds.

(note saying your an idiot or something, and in know you wouldnt say that link i qouted, but you do need to make sure you have a fair level of understanding)

Goodluck.

Last edited:

LeoCrasher

Former Administrator
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
::1
@Atom
"2. Emulators are illegal. I can't make a Dyson hoover and sell it as my own"

1. SOFTWARE Emulators are perfectly legal, certain niche aspects of reverse engineering arn't. See the AFC test. (Abstraction, filtration, comparison).
2. Your can 'emulate' a dyson, providing you don't infringe on the patented suction technology (Find another way of doing the same thing), or call it a 'Dyson'.
3. You can't call it a hoover - trademarked.

Suggest you read up on software emulation.

/Leo

Robert

Actual Jesus
VIP
Jan 1, 1970
Yes.
Claim complete ignorance that you were doing anything remotly illegal.

Then accept whatever action they are likely to take as it will be more leniant then if you try and fight it.

Walk away safe in the knowledge that you have got off lightly.

Just remember they cant prove that you knew the extent of the legality of your actions.

TrueADM

Software Developer
VIP
Jan 16, 2004
Atomicide said:
2. Emulators are illegal. I cant make a copy of a Dyson hoover and sell it as my own.

Completely incorrect there, I looked up this extensively before I started MIR Unleashed, and it all depends how the technology works aswell as the methods implemented in going about certain processes.

Okay, just noticed that LeoCrasher posted about it.

LeoCrasher

Former Administrator
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
::1
If you can wait about two hours I'll tell you exactly whats legal and not in a seperate guide ;)

/Leo

Ash

Peace Not War .
VIP
Mar 13, 2004
England (UK)
Well,scorp i would say your files are legal. But the client provided for the players is illegal, along with the images and names etc...

I think o_O....

Scorpian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 8, 2003
Manchester
That pretty much what the GMN representative said to me, still demands I shut server down, she probably dug her own grave there

Nightwolf

Developer
VIP
Jul 16, 2003
Manchester, UK
same goes for the intro movie on your site is classed as illegal and property of wemade and tbh even the plumewind files are not made from scratch as i think thats from old wemade source edited

NickAKAVexus

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2005
New york
MentaL said:
well you use their log database server so , can say yes.

Your doing nothing wrong LEGALLY, yes human morals we are doing something wrong. However the law is written a certain way. They cannot claim code they did not write even if it does emulate a piece of software they own.

The client they own entirely, even if we were to re-code our own client we still have to use their images. So to avoid getting in trouble you don't host the client files on your own host, you upload and mirror them. I said this to euro staff and they banned my account, and then checked if I had any characters on euro. They then posted on the public forums about them. :eek:

You still have to be careful they will try and scare you and if they want they might even make up some legal jumbo to put against you. I would screen shot your server, and if you really wanted to show that you aren't using their source or binarys point them to DM2 on source forge. :)

Nightwolf

Developer
VIP
Jul 16, 2003
Manchester, UK
as i said before game network cannot take any action against you the only people who can is wemade in the way of closing any servers or sites down anyway