Request Recruiting Server Owner

Join Discord

chaosdeath

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 22, 2012
Newport, UK
Lol crafting lady is easy we already have a working feature of it...although it does work slightly different to what we know. Basically its using the CHECKITEM....TAKEITEM....GIVEITEM system. Quests we have story based system around level 50 for the scrolls of power using numerous maps and mobs to complete for set items.

But like I said I will speak to DrowninG and JH and if you are interested drop me a pm and I will set up a Skype chat and we can take it from there.

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
Lol crafting lady is easy we already have a working feature of it...although it does work slightly different to what we know. Basically its using the CHECKITEM....TAKEITEM....GIVEITEM system. Quests we have story based system around level 50 for the scrolls of power using numerous maps and mobs to complete for set items.

But like I said I will speak to DrowninG and JH and if you are interested drop me a pm and I will set up a Skype chat and we can take it from there.

Yeah making a crafting NPC through scripts is fairly easy but the team probably want to make a visual interface, one where you can see the item when you click on it, hover over it to see the items etc. Anyway lets not discuss this in the advert :P

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Hmm.... Surely it would be a team decision too no?

Obviously, my phrasing was probably bad. More i meant I didn't want anyone to be put off because of the pre-thought that we only want to make a euro clone.

NewHope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 18, 2005
You've left your criteria wide open.

For what purposes do you need a large/regular user count?
Do you have features yet to test?
Are there specific things you want testing?
Would you be considering adding features suggested by the players over the server owner?

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
We left it wide open on purpose. I wanted to see who was interested without having strict requirements of what we're looking for and putting people off. I highly expect once i talk to all the people interested many of them won't be wanting the same thing we're wanting.

In reply to your questions. We want a regular/high user user count so the files get good user and utilize crystal fully. Theres no point us offering our services if theres only 5 players on at a time, as this is something we could achieve ourselves.

We want all the features of Crystal to be used and tested, we know having regular active users will let us tune and fix the system a lot quicker with people using them naturally.

We're not really wanting to be the voice of this server, so any features suggested by the players will likely be filtered through the owner before it's filtered through us.

I understand the vagueness of this thread may seem confusing as to what we're after, but once i speak to the people interested and (hopefully) find someone who wants to be part of it then we can make things more clear.

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006
I dont fully understand the point of this thread but i am currently working on crystal files with somebody to release a long lasting, Professional feeling server. Still months of work to do but progress is moving along quicker then expected.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the messages, I had a lot more people interested than I expected. I've replied to everyone who sent me a PM (except killerboy123, i'm not messaging you back) and will keep this thread updated as the idea progresses.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the messages, I had a lot more people interested than I expected. I've replied to everyone who sent me a PM (except killerboy123, i'm not messaging you back) and will keep this thread updated as the idea progresses.

To be fair i think theres only 3-4 people on this forum as a OWNER that could make this work and as much as i think Koriban is a twat, hes played mir for years and know what people want, also same with Ben.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Test server as it is now, you didn't seriously expect anybody to do any 'playing' on it that would be worth the meaning of the word.
One post on this thread rings like from one who ran purgatory server recently, I have mixed feeling as he terminated the server and didn't even bother to post any notice to that effect here on forum on LOMCN (nor was the section taken down), not good rep I'd say for candidate running this server but likely I am mistaken about that.

Last edited:

Nameless

Merciless Mir 3
Dedicated Member
Aug 17, 2015
Test server as it is now, you didn't seriously expect anybody to do any 'playing' on it that would be worth the meaning of the word.
One post on this thread rings like from one who ran purgatory server recently, I have mixed feeling as he terminated the server and didn't even bother to post any notice to that effect here on forum on LOMCN (nor was the section taken down), not good rep I'd say for candidate running this server but likely I am mistaken about that.

I let my players know that the dedi would not be reinstated because it was not worth running as it was my first attempt at a server and the user count went down to the point there were only 1 or 2 people logging on, also the thread wasn't taken down because the dedi only ran out today, will be taken down today.

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK

I stopped developing Apocalypse because I had exams before summer and personal problems to address over the summer. I didn't announce my notice for a long time because I didn't really want to stop but making players wait for me when I was unreliable for producing content at the time was unfair - especially when the server had a got a lot of attention and there were a lot of people expecting content updates and news. This would make me an unsuccessful contender? I have a lot of good skills when working with servers and people as may the person in question. Far hasn't spoke about how many contact hours are needed - considering they have a full team already the applicant would only be a middle man between devs/players, resolving issues, filtering feed back and coming up with content idea's.

Also to note they just mentioned that their server was consuming to much of their money which they could not maintain. This would not be a problem for this server as it will already be provided. The people you want to look out for are the one's who are only in it for the money - this won't be a problem on here as they already stated it is not going to have donations or it will not rely on donations. There could still be corruption with the applicant making and selling items for real money in game however there are logs and they can be monitored if necessary.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
I stopped developing Apocalypse because I had exams before summer and personal problems to address over the summer. I didn't announce my notice for a long time because I didn't really want to stop but making players wait for me when I was unreliable for producing content at the time was unfair - especially when the server had a got a lot of attention and there were a lot of people expecting content updates and news. This would make me an unsuccessful contender? I have a lot of good skills when working with servers and people as may the person in question. Far hasn't spoke about how many contact hours are needed - considering they have a full team already the applicant would only be a middle man between devs/players, resolving issues, filtering feed back and coming up with content idea's.

Also to note they just mentioned that their server was consuming to much of their money which they could not maintain. This would not be a problem for this server as it will already be provided. The people you want to look out for are the one's who are only in it for the money - this won't be a problem on here as they already stated it is not going to have donations or it will not rely on donations. There could still be corruption with the applicant making and selling items for real money in game however there are logs and they can be monitored if necessary.

Apocalypse is no longer?