Rise of the Archons [2.6+] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord

Equinnox

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 22, 2017
Re: Rise of the Archons - Rule of the Arcane Lords

Can I use my splash plastic to pay for sub?otherwise it looks nice server :)

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England

The other thing is there is only MC/DC no SC, and all the other options to add fire/ice/elec powers. So either DC/MC will be your main stat, and the rest is glyphs or w.e it was depending on what skill you want to buff... I think anyway only seen afew streams

dANK

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 24, 2017

Can't wait for all the crys with people using the ACPI tweaks etc lol

Havok

likes to charge back
Apr 12, 2015

oh it gona be fun although i don't have a clue how to do them my self he should of coverd this to make it fair i guess but hey ho you always get QQ tbh should do a cupple days open beta and close for 1 2 days to finish up what ever he need to finish give others a chance to get in-game feel and get to know how things roll

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England

acpi whhhaaaaaaaa, bring on the speed freaks lol, I thought the days of acpi had come to an end, what server files are these then? Must be old if acpi works?

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2015

So from what I read these files are old, old school and all that.
But please don't make the potion stack size 1 and don't make us have to use 6pot bundles :(

Last edited:

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK

But please don't make the potion stack size 1 and don't make us have to use 6pot bundles :(
But that's old school mir, not this easy mode mir whats being released lately.

DarkSacred

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2014

Agreed the system is archaic and other mechanics can be used to prevent constant potting.
The same goes for anything else that's potentially stackable like RTs, TTs, crafting ingredients, etc

If by easy mode you mean modern and more accessible?

This isn't Mir 2 and its own website doesn't advertise itself as such either.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton

Old School Mir is also plagued with easily accessible cheats and speed freaks (like myself) who will happily tweak to run as fast as possible on someones screen, giving absolutely no counter play nor any fair means of fighting back. I was glad those days were gone, frankly.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom

Old School Mir is also plagued with easily accessible cheats and speed freaks (like myself) who will happily tweak to run as fast as possible on someones screen, giving absolutely no counter play nor any fair means of fighting back. I was glad those days were gone, frankly.

There was a lot of resistance when I first released C# files because people wanted to remain on their ACPI tweaked machines.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton

There was a lot of resistance when I first released C# files because people wanted to remain on their ACPI tweaked machines.

Said it then said it now, it's not something that should be in Mir. Just makes things ridiculously unfair for your average player and even harder to balance, due to certain people making certain classes look ridiculous.

Laylas

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 2, 2013

Could someone explain what acpi does for Mir and why only win XP? Iv never heard of it before tbh

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England

I just don't understand why someone would put in so much work on files that are easy to cheat on and speed yourself up with tweaks :/ makes no sense to me lol, obviously people are gna moan that others are ridiculously faster then them etc etc blamed for cheating when they are tweaking etc can see it now lol plastered all over there forum.

DarkSacred

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2014

Could someone explain what acpi does for Mir and why only win XP? Iv never heard of it before tbh

IIRC it allows you to change the base speed of the entire client, too fast and the game breaks, any more than 2.2x and its very noticeable that they are using a speed hack.

[FONT=Open Sans, sans-serif]
I just don't understand why someone would put in so much work on files that are easy to cheat on and speed yourself up with tweaks :/ makes no sense to me lol, obviously people are gna moan that others are ridiculously faster then them etc etc blamed for cheating when they are tweaking etc can see it now lol plastered all over there forum.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Open Sans, sans-serif]Its enough to put me off playing. Mir is a competitive game and ive no interest in playing with cheats/hacks[/FONT]

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007

Delphi source can't be that bad, chronicles the most successful server in recent years and still is today is using it.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton

Delphi source can't be that bad, chronicles the most successful server in recent years and still is today is using it.

Because they've built a solid community and have decent coders (LCD) who actually add decent content and listen to said community and spend countless hours combatting cheats - I would know, I was the one working with Sam stopping them in the first place.

The server is still a cluster **** of balance due to the fact I and many others can run twice as fast as most people on there through legit means. But at least it's a fun cluster **** of balance. Admittedly, the usercount has dwindled a lot and there's a lot more non-active chars left afk these days. But that's to be expected at that course of a servers life.

SilvaRoberto

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 19, 2014

i got no problem at all with people cheating as long as if its proven they are deleted :)

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom

i got no problem at all with people cheating as long as if its proven they are deleted :)

Unfortunately cheating effects everyone.

If they cheat to kill a boss, the next person who might have been able to actually kill no longer gets it.

It also means that cheaters who make alot of money buy things at prices that really shouldn't have sold for.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK

Because they've built a solid community and have decent coders (LCD) who actually add decent content and listen to said community and spend countless hours combatting cheats - I would know, I was the one working with Sam stopping them in the first place.

The server is still a cluster **** of balance due to the fact I and many others can run twice as fast as most people on there through legit means. But at least it's a fun cluster **** of balance. Admittedly, the usercount has dwindled a lot and there's a lot more non-active chars left afk these days. But that's to be expected at that course of a servers life.
I don't know what's more disturbing. You're openly admitting to using such methods or it's okay to do so. (legit method you say)

DarkSacred

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2014

I don't know what's more disturbing. You're openly admitting to using such methods or it's okay to do so. (legit method you say)

If the ACPI "method" is still as simple as this:

1) Click Start>Right click My Computer - properties
2) Click SystemProperties>Hardware [tab]>Device Manager

3) Extend the Computer tab>Right-click the current device>Update Driver...

4) Tick Yes, this time only>Click Next>Tick Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)>Click Next> Tick Don't search. I will choose the driver to install> Click Next> Click Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC>Click Next> Click Finish> When prompted to restart click Yes.

And doesn't involve using anything like Mir Lander then yeah its perfectly legit.

Last edited: