Rise of the Archons [2.6+] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
Re: Rise of the Archons - Rule of the Arcane Lords

If the ACPI "method" is still as simple as this:

And doesn't involve using anything like Mir Lander then yeah its perfectly legit.
IF you ignore the fact that it's cheating, yeah it's ok. Why would you assume that cheating only = using 3rd party software? Surely it's the spirit of the action

Raider

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 26, 2003

Delphi source can't be that bad, chronicles the most successful server in recent years and still is today is using it.

/Xele

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton

I don't know what's more disturbing. You're openly admitting to using such methods or it's okay to do so. (legit method you say)

I don't know whats more disturbing, you not knowing what ACPI tweak is or assuming it's cheating. Considering Marble/C# servers have proven that it can be stopped, I see zero reason why it isn't stopped.

Scorpian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 8, 2003
Manchester

Cmon, if you're going to quote be at least quote the full thing?

15 years online of a successful consistently updated server - ye sure, big achievement especially if it still has a decent user count.

Dude that is cold. Did X Heroes even reach the 15 user count that Project69 has right now? Nah because it went offline before anyone could even check. And I use X in the utmost respect possible, because what exactly is it? X Y Z? α β γ? wahh no one knows how many re-releases you've had. One day you'll nail it :congratulatory: (hopefully), otherwise, that just be darn embarrassing.

^^ A lot of idea's i feel been stolen off wow, including their Logo design on the website its literally basically copied with a different name lol.

**** man, never played it, so don't blame me. Big D2 fan though. I bought the web design from "game site templates" I had no idea it was an official wow patch/game. Awkward :dejection:.

Can't wait for all the crys with people using the ACPI tweaks etc lol

Me either. Happens all the time on Arcadia and Project69. I mean we had at least 10 complaints back in 2006 and that's not including the one we had in 2007. Oh. Wait. The naughtiest are over.

Delphi source can't be that bad, chronicles the most successful server in recent years and still is today is using it.

I like you. Except, you are factually incorrect about "chronicles". I think you need to use a capital "C".

Because they've built a solid community and have decent coders (LCD) who actually add decent content and listen to said community and spend countless hours combatting cheats - I would know, I was the one working with Sam stopping them in the first place.

The server is still a cluster **** of balance due to the fact I and many others can run twice as fast as most people on there through legit means. But at least it's a fun cluster **** of balance. Admittedly, the usercount has dwindled a lot and there's a lot more non-active chars left afk these days. But that's to be expected at that course of a servers life.

Negative people often sound very defensive, did you know that? But please do explain to us why you are no longer a part of said team?

:triumphant: 7 days :triumphant:

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom

**** man, never played it, so don't blame me. Big D2 fan though. I bought the web design from "game site templates" I had no idea it was an official wow patch/game. Awkward :dejection:.

Yea, I am definitely picking up the D2 influence, and I've only been able to watch videos/streams.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK

I don't know whats more disturbing, you not knowing what ACPI tweak is or assuming it's cheating. Considering Marble/C# servers have proven that it can be stopped, I see zero reason why it isn't stopped.

I have heard of the method but never done it myself. AS I don't like using such methods as you do. Maybe our next Known Cheater could be you! As you have already stated it's like Speed Cheating.

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2015

I have heard of the method but never done it myself. AS I don't like using such methods as you do. Maybe our next Known Cheater could be you! As you have already stated it's like Speed Cheating.

Dun dun dun

On topic:
Honestly Scorp how could you not know it was wow's MoP banner?
And what about the witcher 3 image, which can also be found on your site (or a few pages back on this thread,posted images)? Did you not know it was a witcher 3 image either?

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton

I have heard of the method but never done it myself.

Clearly i'm dealing with someone who researches before he speaks :applouse:

Oh, no, wait, I'm being sarcastic :ambivalence:

For the record, in case my posts aren't getting through to you, I am against said tweaks in order to make you faster.

As I said before scorp, best of luck.

Last edited:

Silencer

Comedian
Golden Oldie
Feb 9, 2008
LOMCN HQ with Tai, eating bagels.

Dun dun dun

On topic:
And what about the witcher 3 image, which can also be found on your site (or a few pages back on this thread,posted images)? Did you not know it was a witcher 3 image either?

Sounds like this guy knows his MMO imagery inside and out.

Kudos to you and your virginity.

A shining beacon to all of us wishing to regrow our hymens and disappear into the shadows.

DarkSacred

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2014

Dun dun dun

On topic:

Is it a criminal gaming offence not to know this ha ha as I've not played WoW since vanilla or the Witcher -hides- please don't judge me

Would never have known if they were images from other games. Bit shocking if a website is passing off a theme as its own when its a copy though :(

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom

Is it a criminal gaming offence not to know this ha ha as I've not played WoW since vanilla or the Witcher -hides- please don't judge me

Would never have known if they were images from other games. Bit shocking if a website is passing off a theme as its own when its a copy though :(

Don't worry I've not played Witcher, If its not an MMO style like Mir, I couldn't give a crab about it.

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2015

Sounds like this guy knows his MMO imagery inside and out.

Kudos to you and your virginity.

A shining beacon to all of us wishing to regrow our hymens and disappear into the shadows.

/bows

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

Dude that is cold. Did X Heroes even reach the 15 user count that Project69 has right now? Nah because it went offline before anyone could even check. And I use X in the utmost respect possible, because what exactly is it? X Y Z? α β γ? wahh no one knows how many re-releases you've had. One day you'll nail it :congratulatory: (hopefully), otherwise, that just be darn embarrassing.
Ha, that is such a funny post. You're on your 3rd re-release, I'm on my 5th. How are you any different?
The only difference is I know when a server is dead and its time for a new project, you do not. Why keep a server online when no1 even logs on? Sorry but I won't waste money on a dedi host for no one.

Of all 5 servers I've ran, they've have all been huge successes. You make out like my servers go up and down every month for a quick buck.
Each have been very well populated and a few have hit well over 200 user count.
The reason I've ran 5 servers and not stuck with 1 I've already explained. Mir is a hobby and I will do whatever I find fun and keeps me motivated.

The same server always becomes boring and will hit some form of limit. Time itself is a big put off for users as well. Does anyone new join p69? No because its 15 years old. Ye sure its an achievement, go you, but honestly what is the point?

Also fiveheroes currently has 32 users, p69 has 12, and arcadia has 67 stalls, not sure where your 15 usercount comment came from???

Here I'll leave you with something from the fiveheroes archive
21d54d1.jpg

I dunno why your being bitter, I've already acknowledge you make good servers and I'm sure Archons will be good. All I've said is that having a server online for 15 years isn't anything to boost about. Your actual server content though, ye sure, boost away, its pretty good lol. As a server creator you easily rank up there

DarkSacred

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2014

Complete, shameless, unadulterated addiction and commitment.

****ing love it.

Well gotta get the usual family social obligations over the easter weekend seen to :lol

---------- Post Merged at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:05 PM ----------

Also fiveheroes currently has 32 users, p69 has 12, and arcadia has 67 stalls,

This is where having stalls instead of a TM is frustrating, it artificially inflates user count.

If I'm looking to play a new server last thing I want it to look and think "oh wow its still got quite an active community" start playing only to find after a couple of weeks none of them are actually real players playing but AFK stalls in town :(

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK

67 stalls - lmao.

be nice to see some GM activity in-game, spawn some stuff, etc might be able to do wt... if we ever get enough people on again.

Havok

likes to charge back
Apr 12, 2015

is live still expected to be on the 14th ? if so will there be a cupple days of open beta for things people may have missed ?