RubyM2 Release.

Join Discord

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
So people can now call shots wether to release someone else's files becuase the community needs it?

imo if the community needs it or not it's upto the team or creator to decide if they should be released.

This place really has gone down hill.

Celsius

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
So people can now call shots wether to release someone else's files becuase the community needs it?

imo if the community needs it or not it's upto the team or creator to decide if they should be released.

Understand where your coming from, and I understand where Azura is coming from.

Simple point is, where do you draw the line. Without people releasing things they shouldn't have, lomcn would never have existed.

Primal

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Jun 28, 2004

thts like saying i shouldnt have released that ige hero source, because i didnt have permission from IGE

if some1 releases files to 1 person, why shouldnt the rest of the community be entitled to it?

wanabee

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 10, 2004
newbury
Thanks i will crack on with these youu never know they are on the forums we can only hope that the coders will have a change of hart and provide updates i would be happy to give something if required.

WhoMeYou

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 15, 2010
TOWIE!
I understand that i shouldn't have really released, but im glad i did. a few people seem interested in these and hopefully people will work on them bring them to a nice Non buggy state.

The security of these files was terrible. Along with me 3 other people got sent the files. THATS of whom i know. Im sure they was sent to endless people.
See the community yday moaning no one releases. IceMan made a post on how these files will not be released for a long time, so i thought i would just go ahead and release them.

I think its maybe what the community needed.

If someone could remove the stat cap and possible post the fix here that would be very helpful for others trying.

Thanks.

wanabee

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 10, 2004
newbury
I understand that i shouldn't have really released, but im glad i did. a few people seem interested in these and hopefully people will work on them bring them to a nice Non buggy state.

The security of these files was terrible. Along with me 3 other people got sent the files. THATS of whom i know. Im sure they was sent to endless people.
See the community yday moaning no one releases. IceMan made a post on how these files will not be released for a long time, so i thought i would just go ahead and release them.

I think its maybe what the community needed.

If someone could remove the stat cap and possible post the fix here that would be very helpful for others trying.

Thanks.

we dont have te source files though

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
Thanks i will crack on with these youu never know they are on the forums we can only hope that the coders will have a change of hart and provide updates i would be happy to give something if required.

You will get updates, vir there client its only server side you won't

Well thats unless they do release all, which i can really see but you never know lol

lif

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
files are quite easy to set up.. anyone still needs a guide to setting these up or you all managed to get them working?

downloading the client now to check if i managed to remove the stats cap..

WhoMeYou

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 15, 2010
TOWIE!
Yes i got them working right away Mstation but there is a few that are struggling.
there is a step by step guide by Celsius but it seems to confuse some people, so maybe tonight i will make one.

Well done MStation :)

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
files are quite easy to set up.. anyone still needs a guide to setting these up or you all managed to get them working?

downloading the client now to check if i managed to remove the stats cap..

you would need a new db server m2 and exe to remove the cap,if it was that easy lil wouldnt have used 2 hours doing it.

use the maps from the server btw

WhoMeYou

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 15, 2010
TOWIE!
you would need a new db server m2 and exe to remove the cap,if it was that easy lil wouldnt have used 2 hours doing it.

Why are you so against people having these files, why is everything about you, i dont see your problem.

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
Why are you so against people having these files, why is everything about you, i dont see your problem.

i dont have a problem i was just giving info,you dont get how much of this is hard coded.

cant see ppl wasting time when i know what has to be done

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
Yes i got them working right away Mstation but there is a few that are struggling.
there is a step by step guide by Celsius but it seems to confuse some people, so maybe tonight i will make one.

Well done MStation :)

celsius guide is quite complete.. there are some points which need to be said though..

for example the database are .bak files.. so you need to create the databases in the sql2005 and restore them using the bak files.. to restore them i'll make only one example:

open the management studio e connect to the sql, open database, then right click on database and make new database.. call it LOM2Game for example.. then right click LOM2Game and choose, tasks -> restore -> database..

then choose from device and point to the location where you have the Lom2Game.bak.. choose it.. select the lastest backup files you want to restore which should be made in 27/06/2010 by STEPHEN-PC and remember in the options page to choose the "overwrite the existing database"..

do it for all 5 the databases..

then another part which is missing is to set the m2server to connect to the SQL.. to do edit edit the !DBSETUP.txt inside the mir200 folder.. change the SERVER NAME to your servername you use to connect the SQL2005, and change the password to the password you use to connect to the SQL2005..

do the same with the !DBSQL.txt which is in the mir200 folder but this time change the Data Source to the servername you use to connect and the password to the correct password you are using..

i think it's all

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀

yes.. it looks strange also to myself that this is soo easy to do.. infact i need to test it before saying more.. unfortunately my internet is really slow here atm and i need 5 hours to download the elysian client to try it..

i still need to understand how to create an account.. i'm not used to this kind of setup.. looks a lot like the phili setup but i never tryed them yet.

shorty606

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 10, 2005
Plugins can overide the M2Server hard coding issues but you would need a new DB server.

Dany97

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 28, 2009
Timisoara

because he and coders worked alot on them and if they dont want to release it up to them , ur the biggest piece of **** i ever saw .

/al3xz here im not home

kyndigs

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Feb 19, 2009
Reading, UK
WTF hahaha

I doubt id use these to make server honestly, they have a lot of debugging commands in them including a GM one for normal chars.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Pointless anyone using them.. as im sure theres a kill command in there that kyn would use to take a server down with