Server files all set up for offline use (Released Foundation files)

Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
DON'T USE THEESE FILES, THEY ARE OUTDATED AND ARE ACTUALLY HARDER TO SET UP THAN THE NEW ONES. NEW FILES LOCATED AT

http://www.lomcn.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=35624

Ok, seeing as lozmuir's link is down, and there is just so many newbies and well plain stupid people (sorry but it is), i have set up a set of files (using the old foundation server files) so all you newbies will stop having that many problems and stop starting stupid threads :P, the files are set for the IP 127.0.0.1 and for the server name Foundation. You need to place the files into C:\mirserver for them to work.

Download files here
Download client+inis here
Download Ledu exe here (If you will use the Ledu exe, most of things ingame WILL BE MESSED UP, like mobs looking dodgy, items looking completely wrong etc etc.

PLEASE NOTE: You have to change the regserver details in the setup.txt each time you restart your computer (if your IP adress is dynamic). You will have to run the 3in1.exe each time you run the server, not once.

Also, when you have loaded up the m2server.exe, wait a few minutes untill you see those three messages appear in the end of the m2server.exe log screen:
GoUmHN.jpg

after that, you can go ingame. If you wont wait untill the last message appears, the notice screen wont come up.

Do not use a server starter. They tend to mess theese particular files up.

The path in BDE Administrator, has to be set as:
C:\mirserver\Mir200\DB
Otherwise you wont be able to get it working.

To log in, and have your own GM character, use the following details:

ID: GameMaster
Password: gamemaster

Last edited:

Detritus

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 11, 2003
Nero said:
he isn't spamming, i have the same problem... i think its because i'm on a router, can some 1 help me with prot forwarding..

*screenies* :-
image.load

image.load

Im on a router, if ur just playing an offline server u wont need to port forward. Make sure the reg server is set to the i.p at the top of the 3 in 1

Upvote 0

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
Nero said:
i didnt run the 3in1 coz it screws up my registry, i got my ip a diff way
Well you need to connnect to a running regserver, otherwise you cant play.

Upvote 0

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
Ok, noticed that using a server starter, messes up the files. Dont use a server starter to run the server at all.

Upvote 0

evildan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 8, 2004
Dartford/Kent
what do u ppl use to edit the server cos on DBC 2000 u cant c what the items will look like and is anoying...any other programs i can use cos i cant seem to get the paths on mir server editor to be correct cos i suk on pcs :(

Attachments

• untitled.GIF
    untitled.GIF
    10.2 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Detritus

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 11, 2003
ingel said:
Ok, noticed that using a server starter, messes up the files. Dont use a server starter to run the server at all.

Yeah i just noticed that, using damians server starter changes the 3 in 1 servers reg i.p to 127.0.0.1

Upvote 0

SkyDragon

.::Mario Ftw::.
Golden Oldie
Sep 10, 2004
West-Yorkshire :)
in the shortcut 7 m2server i think i get this..

¼ÓÔزå¼þ¹ÜÀíÆ÷³É¹¦...
ÕýÔÚ¶ÁÈ¡ÅäÖÃÐÅÏ¢...
ÕýÔÚ¼ÓÔØ¿Í»§¶Ë°æ±¾ÐÅÏ¢...
¼ÓÔØ¿Í»§¶Ë°æ±¾ÐÅϢʧ°Ü£¡£¡£¡
ÕýÔÚ¼ÓÔØÎïÆ·Êý¾Ý¿â...
30/04/2005 23:53:49 ·þÎñÆ÷Æô¶¯Òì³££¡£¡£¡Path not found.
File: C:\mirserver\mud2\DB\StdItems.DB

there is no mud2 file so what do i do lol

edit : lol i figured it out me sen i just made a new mud2 folder and made it how it shud of been now works perfect (offline) nw all i need to know is learn to npc script / need a mir server editor prog ETC ETC lol:skipcow:

edit: btw gamegame config says ktest is it ment to. i changed to Foundation neway. btw i cant even log in i get to acc login acc then black screen help plz nooby here trying to learn lol;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nathan123

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Feb 28, 2004
Lincoln
I've done something wrong it seems,when it gets to clicking m2server i get invalid filename error? im sure this is simple to correct so any help welcome.

EDIT: ok seems i got slightly further but now instead of invalid file name i get:An error occurred while attempting to initialize the Borland Database Engine (error $2108)
But now i can get to char select but then black screen.

EDIT2: problem solved it seems im ingame.

Lol spoke to soon im ingame and this same error keeps showing up I/O 103 (or something like that)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Concusion

nathan123 said:
I've done something wrong it seems,when it gets to clicking m2server i get invalid filename error? im sure this is simple to correct so any help welcome.

EDIT: ok seems i got slightly further but now instead of invalid file name i get:An error occurred while attempting to initialize the Borland Database Engine (error $2108)
But now i can get to char select but then black screen.

EDIT2: problem solved it seems im ingame.

Lol spoke to soon im ingame and this same error keeps showing up I/O 103 (or something like that)[/QUOTE

i get same thing invalid file name howd u sort it out but when i ignore it go to make account and cant make one

Upvote 0

SkyDragon

.::Mario Ftw::.
Golden Oldie
Sep 10, 2004
West-Yorkshire :)
mine didnt work then i fixed db path worked once. then now black screen :( any idea's guyz.....btw whta do u use to edit items/mobs/magic.

som1 add me to msn plz who fancies helping a noob :P

Upvote 0

Detritus

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 11, 2003
A few bugs well things left out of the files.
IncarnatedZT in the spawns and drops is IZT in the DB
IncarnatedWT in the spawns and drops is IWT in the DB
I dont think the spawns are working for Oma Heaven
Alot of mobs that are in the spawns arent in the DB

Upvote 0

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
Detritus said:
A few bugs well things left out of the files.
IncarnatedZT in the spawns and drops is IZT in the DB
IncarnatedWT in the spawns and drops is IWT in the DB
I dont think the spawns are working for Oma Heaven
Alot of mobs that are in the spawns arent in the DB
Well the files aint supposed to be a full server files, they are just to start you off, or for people who just are bored and have fun playng alone on the server :P, Ty for the exe BTW, as for the wrong path error, you need to have the files on your C: drive, so the files would be located at C:\mirserver otherwise, it wont work. For the Borland Database Edtitor error, you havent set up BDE Admin correctly. The path needs to be C:\mirserver\Mir200\DB, otherwise it wont work either.

Upvote 0

123Tigers

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 19, 2005
kk i downloded both fings.. im really confused to to do from here lol

i added the 1st downlod into c dirve (tht rite?)

then put the ini.exe old client into the mir server folder

i clik on old patch.. does some downlodin then goes into mir...

its just a blk screen i left it 4 5 mins nofin happened.. where am i going wrong lol also i aded u to my msn will u accept me plz

also when i get the blk screen.. my mouse(curser) aint there :sick:

Edit>>>
also i just read tht important note... i did exacly wot it told me to do... still no luk some 1 plz help me where i am going wrong

another edit (lol)

when i run m2server.exe

i leave it 4 5 seconds and this comes up

ÕýÔÚ¼ÓÔØÎïÆ·Êý¾Ý¿â...
5/2/2005 10:50:56 PM ·þÎñÆ÷Æô¶¯Òì³££¡£¡£¡An error occurred while attempting to initialize the Borland Database Engine (error $2108)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

123Tigers

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 19, 2005
o well i sepnt 4 hours tryin lol i still cnt get it workin and tbh i cba n e more

Upvote 0

Veora

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 4, 2005
meh my hard drive is partitioned so i cant extract to c:\mirserver lolz..... ty for posting this rag (i know im dumb lol)

Upvote 0

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
Veora said:
meh my hard drive is partitioned so i cant extract to c:\mirserver lolz..... ty for posting this rag (i know im dumb lol)
Change all the directories to your HD then for example, if you see ad directory leading to C:\mirserver\mir200\Envir\DB then change it to er say you put files to your F: drive then change to F:\mirserver\mir200\Envir\DB
123Tigers said:
kk i downloded both fings.. im really confused to to do from here lol

i added the 1st downlod into c dirve (tht rite?)

then put the ini.exe old client into the mir server folder

i clik on old patch.. does some downlodin then goes into mir...

its just a blk screen i left it 4 5 mins nofin happened.. where am i going wrong lol also i aded u to my msn will u accept me plz

also when i get the blk screen.. my mouse(curser) aint there :sick:

Edit>>>
also i just read tht important note... i did exacly wot it told me to do... still no luk some 1 plz help me where i am going wrong

another edit (lol)

when i run m2server.exe

i leave it 4 5 seconds and this comes up

ÕýÔÚ¼ÓÔØÎïÆ·Êý¾Ý¿â...
5/2/2005 10:50:56 PM ·þÎñÆ÷Æô¶¯Òì³££¡£¡£¡An error occurred while attempting to initialize the Borland Database Engine (error $2108)
Have you set up BDE Administrator?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.