Solved Server files WANTED FOR WINDOWNS 7

Join Discord

mirking69

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2012
Hi i had my own server on my old pc but i had a big prb with my pc and had to reboot it and lost all my hard work that i put in to it that pc of running on windowns xp.I want to start agine but i cant find any that work on windowns 7 i need a link of some where where i can down load every think i need like server files cilent bd adminaster 2000 that dose not seem to work on windowns 7 so im not to sure hat to use i need every think i was hopeing to get some good up todate files.

mirking69

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2012
im downloading them now mate so fingerscrossed it works lol. do you no how i go about getting the other things in game like potcash,fishing,maps,asssings, like the USA mir. or have i got the wrong server files for what i want to do?

Upvote 0

Jesus

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Feb 3, 2011
they dont have anything from gamepot really, the heroes files are based on shanda's version of mir.

Upvote 0

Ilsta

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2012
do you no how i go about getting the other things in game like potcash,fishing,maps,asssings, like the USA mir. or have i got the wrong server files for what i want to do?

For that you may want to use the rubym2 files :P the heroes files as jesus says are based on shanda's mir.

Upvote 0

mirking69

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2012
are the rubym2 files harder to use or just the same as the hero ones.i downloaded the patchs but they made no diffrence.do u you have the rubym2 files i may take a little look at them to

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
Yes an SVN system that allows users to easily stay up to date is a mistake... Tell me how is releasing a zip file with updates and thus requiring the users to download and extract multiple zip files in order of release easier??

Not only is the SVN system easier for us Developers to push updates out it's easier for users to get updates (Right click MirServer -> SVN Update) No longer do they need to find links, hope they works, then discovering that oh **** I need a a file that was only in an older update.

People like yourself make out the SVN system to be some complex system that's hard to understand, yet it can be set up in minutes, and keeps users up to date and even informs them visually when they're out of date.

But it's okay, I know you had issues understanding how to use the SVN System.

@MirKing69, perhaps before spending 4 hours downloading the files individually your time would of been spent reading the post lifco linked you too. Namely the very first words Get TortoiseSVN. But I guess it can be easily missed so I've made an effort to make that post easier to understand so that hopefully the issue won't happen again.
Please don't hesitate to post any other issues you come across btw, we're always happy to help people new to the files and get any problems they have sorted.

No sorry, its come across wrong.. i was not saying use .rar or .zip all the time

I was talking about a update vir the exe

If a update is available it would download the newer one

Now you could do it a few diffrent way useing afew diffrent hosts ftp/dropbox etc

Like the first set is released full, (ie) the full mirserver in say a .rar format and on running any exe, if a update available it will download/ update and run that newer exe

As really its only exe updates, but even if you wanted to add something elce to the mix you could

Hope this makes more sence

Upvote 0

mirking69

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2012
lifco was your last meassge for me? do you no what maybe wrong with my cilent then mate i downloaded them all and its still the same.and where can i get the rubym2 files

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

is there a diffrent cilent i can download becuase there is not a lot more i can do and till i get this probelm fixed

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ilsta

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2012
Rubym2 files are bit harder to set up yes and require installing sql, i only set the files up yesterday and downloaded and installed the patchs in the order of the dates and everything is fine, i suggest if you want to use the hero files reinstalling the client and patchs in the order of dates or go to the rubym2 section if thats what you want to use. I may try upload a full updated heroes client tomorrow as it may be easier for some people.

Edit: i love how svn works and been abkle to look at the logs.

Upvote 0

mirking69

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2012
thanks mate im gunna do the cilent all over agine. also do u no much about the rubym2 files where i can get them and the cilent and sql? and how to set them up? sorry to be a big pain but i am very greatfull for all your help i was hopeing to get as close to the USA mir then put my own things into it

Upvote 0

mirking69

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2012
till i can get the files for the rubym2 i gunna give the heros files ago. where abouts are the drop files,spown, rates,and exp files??? oh and thank you mate i got the cilent working great now

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ilsta

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2012
monitems, mongen, setup text. look in those folders/ texts also if you search these forums your find most the answers.

Upvote 0