Servers Are Starting To Shine

smoochy boys on tour

TravisW

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 4, 2007
Err no... it hasnt, just nobody can be bothered to think hard enough, for unique ideas, so therefore stfu, as you would say. OMG how about a server based entirely on quests? No lvling actually involved. Not seen a server like this...

Err classes are mean't to be balanced, so stfu again. IF all classes had same spells.. maybe there would be no need for classes. The fact is they are DIFFERENT! Doesnt matter if a tao can heal and a wizzy cant.. it should still be balancned, so where taos are strong wizards would be weak, but strong in the areas of a tao being weak to BALANCE.. it out, like a pair of scales. So therefore AGAIN stfu.

Well ye that bit makes sense.. but for hell of it, therefore stfu.

mir's been dieing for the last 2 years apprently, boo hooo if you dont wanna be around at the funeral bugger off.

SO STFU!!!!

Ideas:

Quest server, similar to games like Zelda etc... where you can just do quests to complete games, with multiple side quests. Obviously you will need ALOT of quests :P, but infact minimal kits. Say you did a zelda theme... you would need 3 armours:
  • Kokiri Armour (low level)
  • Big Armour (medium)
  • Zora's Armour (medium)
  • Master Armour (high level)

As some of weps such as slingshot and bow cannot be used easily and look decent, 3 weps for each class (3 swords in zelda ocarina of time..)
  • Kokiri Sword/Staff/Fan (low level)
  • Big Goron's Sword/Staff/Fan (medium)
  • Zora's Sword/Staff/Fan (medium)
  • Master Blade/Staff/Fan (high level)

Ring/Bracers have different stats for clases (work like mir items in thier stat changes, not lvl tho)
  • Kokiri Rings/Braces/Necky (noob)
  • Goron Rings/Braces/Necky (medium)
  • Zora Rings/Bracers/Necky (high level)
  • Master Ring/Bracers/Necky (high level)
You get the basics... lol :P Would be preety awesome seeing a zelda style server, would need some proper decent quests and ALOT of work though. Also i know mine isnt a exact idea of zelda.. would need to be tweaked.. :)

Why don't you STFU and go play gay ass zelda. (thought I'd childishly insult you as you've done to someone else) Ye, a server with nothing but quests and 20 items between the 3 classes would fking awesome, not.
Seriously though, without "new" files, its all been done b4.

And what is mir really
1.Level up
2.Get kit/gold
3.PvP
How many different ways do you people want to do the same things.
As stated above, without new files that are completely customizable by the server owner, whats the point really, go pound some sand.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Why don't you STFU and go play gay ass zelda. (thought I'd childishly insult you as you've done to someone else) Ye, a server with nothing but quests and 20 items between the 3 classes would fking awesome, not.
Seriously though, without "new" files, its all been done b4.

And what is mir really
1.Level up
2.Get kit/gold
3.PvP
How many different ways do you people want to do the same things.
As stated above, without new files that are completely customizable by the server owner, whats the point really, go pound some sand.

Its an idea..... better than being a negative **** like you... Newhope pointed out a load of **** and tried to make himself look right, so stfu.

Theres millions of script functions.... just people dont try and learn them, theres loads of stuff people can do. Also who said my 'idea' had to be just quests.. theres nothing stopping people adding pvp and lvling into it.

Also theres like 4 sets of files out there, only 2 are playable i believe, but theres NOTHING stopping people adding thier own features and working on the files, for example Steven and Gorzen mir... So stfu again.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
I think ive just walked into a minefield full of hotheaded gum flapping bombs.

Seriously your not even giving idea's, your shouting around lookin like monkeys lol

Monkeh

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 10, 2007
Wales, UK
people koribian is right, (im just wondering if he ment anything by the monkeys part) but back on the topic thanks to smavid for the idea i thought it was interesting and you can make your own ideas you just gotta think so please no more arguing people thanks

transporter

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 12, 2008
Darlington
Servers coming online are pathetic.
There okay for your quick dose of mir, but not long term prospects considering whos running them.
Problem with mir is almost everythings been done.

Those crying about class balance obviously don't get the concept of the game. If it was meant to be balanced there would be NO CLASS CHOICE. Therefore, stfu.

Something steady and stable is what people want.
What they get is pathetic and stable. Or kinda good and unstable.
I've yet to see any server in my time playing mir to be both steady and stable, and i've been round the block.

Hopefully new files will be avaliable to everyone in the near future, otherwise mir will die - even more than it died yesterday and the day before that, oh and the day before that.

This made me lol proper, you have had 2 servers recently, none of which have lasted more than 6 weeks, how can you judge others?

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Lol, just lol. Your just angry because taoists had a chance to kill you, same with wizards. Thats what i call 'balance'. Warriors being able to be killed without it taking 20 hits, as apposed the there 1 hits almost every hit. My server wasn't perfect, but i didn't fanny about trying to create balance among 3 seperate classes - considerings theres 3 for a reason. CHOICE. Choose how you want to play, don't dictate to people how you should be playing.

If the skills are tweaked too much, in the beginning it would take a while to even kill anything. Thus making it slow, no one likes a slow server in the beginning.

Mir is mir, if you keep trying to completely change it it won't be enjoyable to everyone... people play mir because its mir, not because its Zelda lol. Not everyone likes quests, making a server where thats the main feature would deter many away. At least thats the feedback i got.

Just goes to show you even tits can make semi decent servers, so i'd expect yours to be super amazing. :D

What kind of retard would give tao's mass attacking pets? lol It ruins the whole point of slow lvling, owns pking, and can take on everything at once n spam curse. THIS my friend is ****ed up. So you cant go on about "balance" when you do something as dumb as this.

NewHope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 18, 2005
This made me lol proper, you have had 2 servers recently, none of which have lasted more than 6 weeks, how can you judge others?

Wrong. Right. Im special.
I know exactly what it takes to run a server, which is why i am not anymore. The only reason any of my servers have ever been put online is because people were lacking anything new or interesting to play. I didn't bring it online to make friends, to please people or to be the best. I did it because i could and it was new, and better than most.

In a high rate server limiting one class to slow leveling is just retarded. Considering warriors are now basically the best class on any server due to PA/Slow - meaning they can solo anything themselves, plus high dc and chm makes them almost as fast as wizards on the leveling front. Making Taoists useless in most aspects of the game they were designed for you know grouping and support. Therefore you have to evolve the classes to a point where they all have something that makes them different. On my servers taoists had pets, warriors had high damage and wizards has fast leveling/aoe spells. Each one useful in different situations.

Stop talking about balance. The game wasn't designed for balance. It was deisgned to play. Balance is a moronic comcept though up by those who fail at all classes in pvp because most people are better than them. Balance is a kop out. Balance doesn't exist and never will. Do what you can with what you have, each class has its strengths/weaknesses.
I don't like balance, incase you didn't get it. Well i don't acknowledge it.

I can speak freely about whats coming online because this forum allows me to, not only that i have experience. More experience than the constant bickering, flaming and bringing down of people, players, creators that most of the selfish self involved players have.

Still nothing new, nothing great. Nothing even close to good in server advertisements.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
No, your wrong.

There's always suppose to be balance, call it fairness if you will.

Your stupid if you think you can give 1 class something amazing and 1 class something crap, you cant call that "balanced".

And your kind of a hypocrit, you tried to balance out class's, people moaned so you "balanced" some more, if you truly didn't "acknowledge" it you would of given a warrior 1000 DC, a wizzard 500MC and a taoist 1,000,000SC or something retardedly UN BALANCED liek that.

Ofcourse theres "balance" in mir, what are you dumb? yes, each class's are supposed to have different abilities, and thus causing conflict on whats fair n whats not, but take a look at euro, nobody could complain, nothing got changed and it was fair... Tao's arnt supposed to have stupidly strong pets, because theyve got Poison and curse. Warriors arnt supposed to have pets, because the own boss's, wizz's arnt sposed to be able to solo boss's, because they lvl so fast.

If you change anything to that simple 3 way balance, your simply screwing it up.

amills

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Only thing unbalanced about Cyrus was Curse, possibly MA pets.

Don't moan because you get to like level 55 and had same level Tao's able to actually kill you. Balance will never truly be achieved, true enough, but you're moronic to suggest that Tao's should just level slowly, because that's how it always been.

Euro Mir was fair in that way it was. If servers these days were similar then you would still be moaning that Tao's could kill you, because on Euro a decent Tao could kill warriors. Warriors/Wizards, in the early days of Private Mir, were made harder, new spells were introduced for these classes and Tao's were left behind. It got to a point were it was accepeted, now however server owners are addressing these issues and all people can do is moan, as opposed to giving constructive critiscism.

My View:

Curse shouldn't be as good as it was on Cyrus.
Mass attack pets should not be introduced.
Skele's, when the spell is level 3, should have a chance to Para.
Shinsu's and Deva's should actually be able to hold their own in PVE and not get killed by 2 wooma's =/
Tao's should be sligtly slower at level, it has always been this way, but should be better at killing bosses, again, as it was in euro.

What's that you say? IT'S NOT EURO! You're right, it isn't. So lets accept that you get stupid Slow/PA on Warriors. That Wizards get extra spells and that Tao's are being made better.

/Blur

Last edited:

NewHope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 18, 2005
look at euro, nobody could complain, nothing got changed and it was fair... Tao's arnt supposed to have stupidly strong pets, because theyve got Poison and curse. Warriors arnt supposed to have pets, because the own boss's, wizz's arnt sposed to be able to solo boss's, because they lvl so fast.

Thats part of my point, this isn't euro. The files aren't euro.
So adjust or get lost.

JohnBarny

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2003
Ya Mums
NewHope ur serva was fun for bwt 2weeks but then got boring, taos wer overpowered quite alot they lvled way to fast, cba writing an essay

/Andy

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Thats part of my point, this isn't euro. The files aren't euro.
So adjust or get lost.

Sure retard i'll adjust and get raped by something a class has that it was never supposd to have. NO PROBS.

Here's a better idea, How about **** off and go make ur crappy servers :D ?

Hastelloy

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2006
Stone, UK
meh cloud still moaning?
i seem to recall quite a long conversation around 4am this morning
ah well

the point of this thread was to come up with some ideas that people could use/re-introduce?
ok heres two of mine for now,

Warrior/Wiz/Tao slaves (i used to think they were awesome in the 1.9 servers, not really seen them on 2.3 :()

Wiz Pet TAMING Quests, similar to those which scorpion created. wiz's have a spell, e-shock incase some of you have forgotten. the last time, as a wiz, iv ever had to use it was on p69 which is a shame really.

oh and as far as the tao pets argument goes, in my opinion taos shouldnt get stupidly good pets that they can just lure/hide and level that way, takes away the need for the other spells, however if owners of a server cba to vigourously test the spells of a class for example, on a server which i wont name, icestorm - spell radius is waay too big, sfb - does fk all, psn cloud - does like -1 at level 3 with 110+ sc etc then of course id agree, as a tao, to having harder pets. (im not saying that its right though) end of the day if the spells are sorted and adjusted to suit the server, no need for stronger pets tbh

If it doesnt make sense then tell me il try explain it better
-Imho

Monkeh

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 10, 2007
Wales, UK
right hastelloy has the right idea by *STICKING ON TOPIC*
and since this is my thread i will say one thing PLEASE SHUT UP ABOUT WHAT OTHER SERVERS ARE LIKE AND GIVE IDEAS OR GET OUT

right i hope you all understand thanks alot

/MoTa

elohelMeight

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 8, 2004
Surrey
Was that *STICKING ON TOPIC* ?

No, so stop spamming useless crap.

As for the servers, they are not exactly shining, most of them have the same features with differed exp.

Omen_lom

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 29, 2006
looked and some of these ideas and im impressed. sorry to bump an old thread but im still interested to know what ideas people can come up with, so i will have plenty to work on.

Omen/

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury
Tbh i think evrey body taken each others idea :P

because i was on a server and they had all the same scripts.. as a diff server
and most same maps lol
But some mirs can actully get all there own scripts
and when i say copy peoples scripts i dont mean people releasing them....
if they release them tht means they want people to have it:P

Donaters who pays R/L money for Pixels Lol i wouldent i can tell you that.
here:
would you Pay r/l money on a game or r/l money on food?

Lol people are sad!!
but im not talking bout 5Pounds i mean Hundreds of pounds i seen a person on oldskool with all Wicked kit like other 500Dc or Mc or Sc

Why would you spend money on Pixals?:P

/GmCorpse
/DarkWizzy

Last edited: