should lomcn limit stats on new servers?

smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
in the last 6 month at least, the only thing that is changing here, is that the servers are getting more and more exp, the drops getting easier ect. then it becomes boring, the GM close the server, and a new uber exp server open. should lomcn limit the max amount of exp for example? should lomcn limit the drop stats?
advantages:
1) servers will stay online for longer period
2) servers will have normal playing with challenge.
3) players won't move to other games like they move now because its just boring to kill everything in 1 hit.
4) rpg servers might rise.
disadvantages:
1) lomcn will have less ppls, as some ppls are only looking for the uber exp as they are bored of the normal slow lvling.
2) lomcn will have a very little amount of servers even compare to now.

what do u think?

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
People who Visit LOMCN do so to play or run MIR Server and as they have been doing that now for like Years on end, the game is boring. They hate the fact they have to start at Level 1 with Low exp and as they also feel the server in question will probably shut down soon, they dont want to spend months playing to get levelled only for it to close soon after.

You cannot dictate what type of servers are ran, if someone puts up a server with high XP and people play - then that's up to them. What will happen is the Low / Long term servers will carry on running while these 5 minute wonders will die but then again Mir as a whole has been dying for some time now.

There is a cycle here which will also be as follows:

1. New Server files with new features get made by the Chinese.
2. We wait until someone has shared and cracked them.
3. We see a rise in people want to try this out.
4. People get bored with the new things and move on.

So what that somebody puts up a 256x Server, were everythign drops or is in the shops? Does it matter to you, will it effect the running of your own server? It might be annoying to see the pattern emerge such as:

a. Person get the files running
b. asks every noob question under the sun even though they are written in blood.
c. Gets his/her server online
d. Gets bored and closes server...

Simple as that really.

This is not necessarily the view expressed by all Mir players/developers

Last edited:

chimera

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Jul 30, 2003
UK
Demonics' opinion should have a disclaimer after it:
This is not necessarily the view expressed by all Mir players/developers :)

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
well i did asked for ur opinion ^^, but if u ask me, there should be a limit, yes demonic, ppls do get fun from lvling fast, but dont you think they would have more fun if the limit was x10 exp? its not hard to lvl at this rate, ppls will get bored less, and if the server will be shut down, they didn't loose much of lvling.

Omen_lom

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 29, 2006
i say let the noobs advertise uber high rate servers... makes people really appreciate the real servers in the 'we've been up X years' club

High rate servers dont make the gms "noobs"

its just that most of the time, they cannot cope with the stress or the pressure of having to do constant updates

hallmat

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 19, 2007
High rate servers dont make the gms "noobs"

its just that most of the time, they cannot cope with the stress or the pressure of having to do constant updates

TBH m8 if they cant deal with the stress why start in the first place its not like they have to update it everyday just
everyweek or 2 depends on what you want on your server

and no you cant put a ristriction on ppls servers as they will just find some other noob way of advertising it

What makes a good server is not constent updates it not about quantity its about quality of the update

Tass

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 8, 2005
yes lets make a limit of X10 that leaves like 2 servers left on the advertisements page.

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
yes lets make a limit of X10 that leaves like 2 servers left on the advertisements page.

Excellent idea - less servers, more people on-line on one server and better for all :) Beat's having like 9 people on for sure ...

LeoCrasher

Former Administrator
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
::1
LOMCN will not dictate the type of server which is allowed to advertise. The only real rules we have on this matter is that we don't allow servers that utilize stolen files of another member.

I'm sure you all have your ideas on whats best for the Mir3 server scene, however this is not up to you to decide. The server population will decide what it wants, with popular servers surviving and ones people dislike falling into the inevitable server black hole.

What your single forum moderators are empowered to do however, is group the servers in some sort of list where perhaps more well regarded servers receive preferential treatment (such as being ranked higher).

But any type of server is allowed to advertise in the standard way.

/Leo

Shabalabalong

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 1, 2006
Brighton
yer i say all servers should be below x10 exp you should have a compatition the best server with lowest exp but more packd then any server gets it own section.

if you think about it all you gotta do is make 3swords per sword with maybe (adv) next to em 1/3 3/3 is best 1 and/or make em element ways aswell .

make armour the same keep drop rates the same with all just add em in 10 -20 harder to get off the 1st few caves

add more quests like sets when u retrevive so many key items from a tempe 5 items per 1 set item for lvl 30s

maybe add 50-100 new items and share the drops between the top bosses changing the rate buy 100-500 from wt 2 at or summet

Obviously add mini games into it like a fair ground maybe like a large map u have 20 mins inside u can ride ur horse you need to find the npc quickly get there get item then u tele out make 5 maps of it maybe add mobs or levels of hardness

a survival room with time limit
also a battle areana
a afk room time limit gives items out on how long u stay in it
boss battle practice room
a beauity market where the npc will sell top items but v low dura

new pet system all u gotta do is change the mobs i.e
normal rent
cave rent - u can rent like 5 mobs from that cave for a certain price lvld
pet level
pet master a pet system where you can summon or call upon pet renter when u are lvling it shows up on a box after you complete the pet renter quest
pet renter quest - to of pruchaced 1 of every mob

x3 exp cave longer to get to and may look the same as normal caves and same mobs buy the mobs are x1.5-2 harder drop less or more but the boss gives easyier items

that to me is a standard mir2 server editd lol

if it was me i would think about making more gate worlds/ evoulution worlds hp-mp worlds instead of new provs make em realms i.e eternal rain prov , deadleads prov / cemetery style , volcano realm with there own temples

if poss make the skills available to share and add all stats on rings in a way thats only as you are complaining about high exp server what go to 65k and the server shuts down coz of no new updates this way you can go all the way but with low exp it obviously make it the best server i dunno y ppl on lomcn dont use there heads a lil. as in dm2 its plain server shame really but 1.9 has this talent and pfft mir3g 3.55 is getting shamable just my words on the low exp system ty =p

JoeAshton

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 4, 2006
will tbh if u want a low rate server play on euro or us mir as P servers will be high rate cuz thats what ppl play High rate for.

the mods, admins would not do this as lomcn would find only a few ppl or so online at 1 time

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
will tbh if u want a low rate server play on euro or us mir as P servers will be high rate cuz thats what ppl play High rate for.

the mods, admins would not do this as lomcn would find only a few ppl or so online at 1 time

What a load of Bollocks - Euro is Pay to play the last time I looked and set as 1x Exp with no additions, you are saying 4x or 10x is the same as playing 1x Euro Server?

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
demonic, there is a difference, Euro mir is pay to play, and therefore the chances of it to go down fast are much lower then a p server. i find it more logical to play for a year in Euro mir then to play on 12 different servers over the year... x4-x10 make it more fun then Euro mir, as u don't have to lvl for months to kill something stronger then hen... and on the other hand it keeping you able to still have fun from finding cool items, and to kill strong stuff.
also the vocations on mir are quite balanced on low lvls, unlike after lvl 56 where warriors turn to be super strong (doing on bosses more damage then wizards and have more chances to survive, and tao's are just not getting much stronger.

Last edited:

Zion-Servers

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jun 18, 2006
Sheffield(S2)
People put servers up left right and center cause they put no imagination into them. Once they have put them up then thats it for the server and then people start to donate for teh server.

People who put servers up like this just do it for the money and not for the enjoyment of creating summat new.

If lomcn limited the stats to servers, how would this be enforced. Cause i for one could put up a server and say its low rate just to advertise on here, but on my own forum have it advertised as high rate.

But as been pointed out, lomcn is a source of information for other lpayers and server owners. Not to tell people how they should run there servers.

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
tbh people put the Hight exp servers for 2 reasons :
So ppl will come mess on the server and have a hight user account
and the second reason for donations

well tbh i think most of the servers that came up hight rate (except taral) they where and are crap....huge lag,no updates just normal files and a few renamed items and changed stats they renamed there some mobs done 1-2 caves and woo hoo they got a server up for example : matrix,1337 (lol thats a big corrupted server tbh lol) and there where and still are idiot servers out there and there will still be!!!

That doesnt mean there has to be a restriction...lol and tbh i think the guy that made this thread is a complete retard....

hallmat

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 19, 2007
That doesnt mean there has to be a restriction...lol and tbh i think the guy that made this thread is a complete retard....

LOL

why are ppl arguing about this.

IF YOU DONT WANT TO PLAY HIGH RATE SERVERS DONT

simple dont click on there post dont click on there forum link just leave it and problem solved they will get bored of no players

stop you moaning and just leave it i mean its just sad LOMCN has to do this has to do that

They wont cose they cant

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
LOL

why are ppl arguing about this.

IF YOU DONT WANT TO PLAY HIGH RATE SERVERS DONT

simple dont click on there post dont click on there forum link just leave it and problem solved they will get bored of no players

stop you moaning and just leave it i mean its just sad LOMCN has to do this has to do that

They wont cose they cant
are you an idiot ?
lol the main idea in my post was that the guy that made this thread is a idiot becuase he asked lomcn not to allow hight rate servers..lol

hallmat

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 19, 2007
are you an idiot ?
lol the main idea in my post was that the guy that made this thread is a idiot becuase he asked lomcn not to allow hight rate servers..lol

EXCUSE ME

i think you need to read that post again im against all HIGH rate servers thre sh!t and wasteof time

Status
Not open for further replies.