Smoking

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
ok dont care about yours or my spelling or anyone's (unless its really bad lol) spelling so dont point it out to me. im 17 actually that being one of the reasons i am quiting as some places are getting strict and lately i was id'ed once. it wasnt 'cool' when i started it was just like a stand in for a joint when i had no weed then getting stressed in work and college and quite simply started smoking. ive never let other people pressure me into smoking because its cool you should have enough will power to atleast prevent that.

how is it cool? yes ok lets all lower our life span, in all due fairness yeah oh your 17 so it WAS legal at the time as it's now 18 but my point is mainly aimed at people who shouldn't even be near fags, it's god damn appauling.

And some people point out spelling hence why i put that there.

Colonel people do it when there stressed therefore they become dependant on it, which is a stupid idea, also i believe it is pathectic to start while your in school because its the best way to get hooked as school puts a lot of pressure on you.

Trust me this issue/habit that most people do nowadays i hate, i have my reasons but it seems that some people do not learn until they have seen someone close suffer from it.

And no i have never touched a fag or any drugs, due to the fact i grew up around them so i know how much is affects peoples lives.

If you people think it's clever to smoke you are sadly mistaken.

Enjoy the essay

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
i dont know whether i did it for 'coolness' or not in all honesty. my thinking at the time was probably 'oh its just one on a night out, its not like im eva gonna constantly smoke'

that was my thinking for 2 years, then came uni and i just did it out of bordem and spare time i suppose. another 2 years later and i cant stop myself.

im stupid, i shldnt have followed suit. but until someone shows me actually how bad my health is from smoking i doubt ill be quitting.

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
i dont know whether i did it for 'coolness' or not in all honesty. my thinking at the time was probably 'oh its just one on a night out, its not like im eva gonna constantly smoke'

that was my thinking for 2 years, then came uni and i just did it out of bordem and spare time i suppose. another 2 years later and i cant stop myself.

im stupid, i shldnt have followed suit. but until someone shows me actually how bad my health is from smoking i doubt ill be quitting.

I can understand your point farphit but i gotta say that's also a stupid reason to start smoking, but people say ill stop when i learn how much damage it does to me, the question really is how much damage IS IT doing too me as some people don't stop until they get lung cancer.

Yes this is a topic i feel strongly on by the way.

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
at no point i meant or said it was cool at all to smoke its not really.

people dont start smoking because their stressed they start smoking then as soon as their stressed they depend on it.

tbh if you go out on a night out on the piss and you dont smoke you try your fking hardest not to smoke when your out, get rat ass'ed drunk then wake up in the morning with a hang over you wont care as you feel so much better waking up not tasting smelling smoke. i know when i did, best feeling in the world m8. just try it one night farphit, probably gonna be harder for you as youve been smoking longer but just try eh.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
thing is i can go without smoking, specially when im doing something productive, or just sat with my gf. i smoke out of pure bordem and natural habbit of picking one up (sometimes i smoke, forget i just had one and pick up another).

i smoke when something stresses me, but like you said, thats because iv become to depend on cigs being there when im stressed.

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
I smoke weed to relax, I train hard and my muscles hurt, Weed helps reduce pain and it also increases my fun, especially with the misses.

Richens

LOMCN VIP (Mapper)
VIP
Jul 28, 2004
UK - Midlands
I used to smoke weed every night and every lunch time or any free time i could get really. Made me real unmotivated, but after cutting down it made me more aware of so many different things i'd been missing out on etc... Then i started drink a fair bit... hmmm.. Can't say i've ever had the chance to smoke weed with any of my ex's.. One of them wouldn't of minded though im sure. I thought it would of just made ya lazy Mental? Like you'd be like "Shotgun not goin on top" kinda thing

Last edited:

Floyd

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 2, 2004
thing is i can go without smoking, specially when im doing something productive, or just sat with my gf. i smoke out of pure bordem and natural habbit of picking one up (sometimes i smoke, forget i just had one and pick up another).

i smoke when something stresses me, but like you said, thats because iv become to depend on cigs being there when im stressed.

same here, although i smoke a **** load when in driving 2 =\

ive tried giving up a few times, lasted about 5 months last year, dont feel like giving up again anytime soon.

hellcaster

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 24, 2005
Well i havent had 1 in the past 2 days, and tbh i feel much better with out it, ive been watching these programs about what smoking does to you, and to be honest it puts me off badly >< but we'll see about next week hopefully i can go with out a fag (Y)

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
badly injured my knee playing football, and been on crutches for few days and seeing how bad my fitness is now that ive been smoking and unable to do much physical activity. but been off them for almost a week but i have 6 fags in my draw calling my name.

MoaningMurtle

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 4, 2007
Untited Kingdom
I thInk any smoker with a gf who doesnt smoke would aggree that being with your gf will help you not smoke.

Its weird because whenever I'm with her the thought of having a smoke doesnt cross my mind

I also been told hard boiled sweets or something can help you quit