Snow Tiles + Snow Objects Release

bungle

LOMCN n00bie
Jun 4, 2007
Aberdeenshire
I'm using shorty's 1.1 map editor, but to be honest I'm not to sure if I've loaded the objects like you said: the thing is, most of the snow objects do work, I can see certain trees, cliff faces etc but there is one or maybe more which cause an error in the map editor.

OK so I went looking through the object.obj and yes, the snow objects are in there, but theres a problem. When I scroll down through the list I get to a certain point and the same errors keep popping up. And not just in one place - one of the problematic objects is just before the igloo and the other is after the temple.
And I tried it on both shorty's v.1.1 and H88 MapEdit.

Last edited:

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
All works fine, but got problem with tiles... you have pick between hell cave or these maps

ImapsI

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 10, 2004
All works fine, but got problem with tiles... you have pick between hell cave or these maps

Yea, these maps might not always be usable. Any one who knows how to mess around with .wil's a bit though will be able to make these work along side any other patches.

mybbsky

Banned
Banned
Jul 19, 2009
The file link that you requested is not valid. Please contact link publisher or try to make a search

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
If your looking for these files you can get them in nearlly every client now. Just download the Korean one, I think thats the most up-to-date.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
If your looking for these files you can get them in nearlly every client now. Just download the Korean one, I think thats the most up-to-date.

Nope. The files in this thread are the mir3 snow maps converted to mir2. Mir 2 has very basic snow maps compared to mir3. Also i think mir2 versions limited by map edit due to the tiled objects not working on tiles past 9999.

Korean is most up-to-date yes, with shanda following close behind. Their new patch may even make it better than korean, but would mean people need to pick and stick with a set due to many map conflicts.

As for a link i wouldn't suggest using these files as they will now clash with both clients.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
We really need to devise a way to get the majority of objects and tiles working together with our latest filesets.. imo new maps (not reused tiles etc) are a vital part of taking mir servers forward.

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
I see. I've just seen them lurking around a few clients I've downloaded tis all. Just thought they'd be in most now :P

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
We really need to devise a way to get the majority of objects and tiles working together with our latest filesets.. imo new maps (not reused tiles etc) are a vital part of taking mir servers forward.

Thing is, theres korean & shanda. past object 11 i think they go different ways. Unfortunately you cannot pick and mix maps & objects. There is loads of new maps in the korean set.. people just dont have the resources, and in most cases brains to look! The biggest problem though is the map edits we have do not read the files correctly. For example the tiles bug past 9999, causing alot of tile based walls/water edges to be useless. Also by removing a large amount of the finished maps details.

The other option could be would to have objects 1-20 and 101-120.. 100 series being shanda. Thus allowing 2 sets of files... which people could use. Then if a coder could convert the map to change its 'directions from 1 to 101 etc. Which would dramatically increase resources for building maps, aswell as the number of existing maps

ImapsI

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 10, 2004
Don't suppose anyone still has these knocking about?? I've lost/deleted them >.<

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
useless now really bud. May as well wait for a new map edit to come out as most new sets of files work off mir3 maps where you got these from.

Shank

The_Mafia
VIP
Dec 4, 2008
One of these maps is in heroes client (top map on picture thread) its one of my maps on my server in the making :P

ImapsI

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 10, 2004
useless now really bud. May as well wait for a new map edit to come out as most new sets of files work off mir3 maps where you got these from.

Fair enough! Is someone working on a new map editor? I'm dying to get my hands on a decent one.

One of these maps is in heroes client (top map on picture thread) its one of my maps on my server in the making :P

It is? What's the file called??

Last edited:

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Fair enough! Is someone working on a new map editor? I'm dying to get my hands on a decent one.

would it be rude to LOL! No, people don't care that much about maps, its always cast aside everytime somebody started, i suck at coding so i had no hope. Shotys still rules. Kyn/Lil made one but gave up/put it to the side