so many people are retiring and why.

Join Discord

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
Dear Azzi

During the last few days, seumus, mrhealer, TD and about 10 more people retired.

We have already been talking about the main reason since beta, but you never listened.

This might be already too late, but the problems are the following:

1. BOSSES SHOULD NOT BE GLOBAL. I cannot continue to stress this more, there are so many wrong things with it, starting by the main fact that MVP has one person sitting in sz at all time, they are not that active as you think, but when they see global, they call the rest, log in, and ****ing destroys everyone's fun.

2. The PVP needs an urgent change MVP are currently just pking everyone, and I am not even complaining about them attacking me, but they are warring the noob guild and attack random new players just for fun in town (the next point), thus making them really frustrated from the server.

What you want the system to do is to prevent people from random killing noobs, and yet to allow pvp, lvl cap of pvp is not the ideal system, but this is:

a. declaring war should cost 10m, so MVP won't declare war against everyone 24/7 and thus gain free pking status (thus saving other small guilds from getting destroyed)

b. what you want from the pking points system is to prevent people from randomly attacking people 24/7 and focusing on their important opponents. pk points be a lot slower to lose, if you become red, you should become red for 48 hours, this won't stop people from pking someone at a boss or something (and against bigger guild you just declare war), but it will prevent MVP from random pking noobs for fun, because they actually need to save the pking points for someone important, also becoming red should be a lot faster.

3 . Stop making everyone contest every single boss, sunken is a stupid idea that allows the main guild to bully the rest of the people, and the drops there should not be buffed to make everyone want to go there in the 2 hours its open.

4. remove the stupid auto updater from the game or find another solution/another updater - I understand the point of it, but right now its just preventing from many people to enter the game, I have to turn off my anti virus because it makes it scream so much I cannot anything about it, and many people believe it has a virus inside.

5. whats up with the items? lone wolf armor should be a lot stronger than crystal armor, because it comes from a much less frequently spawning boss and much stronger (crystal spider is a joke), so why is it not better/weaker?, right now it feels like you gave MVP crystal armors, nerfed the drop so no one else gets it, and everything else is rare and hard to find, and also only found in M and not in F, you tell me what is the problem.

seumus

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 18, 2005
I see the good and bad of the globals, and iv had a lot of fun with the fights on this server! A server ALWAYS has a dominant guild, it's what makes it fun to play! If you were to get every boss uncontested it wouldn't be fun at all.

My problem is - and mrhealer is in same boat- I can't play Mir the way I usually like to play. I could have lived with the lack of solo leveling, but the crashes and corrupt files (**** knows what happened when I done that autopatcher) drove me away!

It's a great fun server and GM is doing a fine job considering it's a solo project, hope it all goes well!

Good luck!
Merry Christmas!

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
I see the good and bad of the globals, and iv had a lot of fun with the fights on this server! A server ALWAYS has a dominant guild, it's what makes it fun to play! If you were to get every boss uncontested it wouldn't be fun at all.

My problem is - and mrhealer is in same boat- I can't play Mir the way I usually like to play. I could have lived with the lack of solo leveling, but the crashes and corrupt files (**** knows what happened when I done that autopatcher) drove me away!

It's a great fun server and GM is doing a fine job considering it's a solo project, hope it all goes well!

Good luck!
Merry Christmas!

Why you retiring seu??????

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
4. remove the stupid auto updater from the game or find another solution/another updater - I understand the point of it, but right now its just preventing from many people to enter the game, I have to turn off my anti virus because it makes it scream so much I cannot anything about it, and many people believe it has a virus inside.

The source is open for everyone to see, these "many" people are ill-informed

https://github.com/Suprcode/mir2/blob/master/Client/AMain.cs

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005

Good luck!
Merry Christmas!
had a lot of fun with you m8, hoping server get fixed and we can play together again!

Also, as I said in the past, contesting bosses should be according to guild getting in time for the spawn.

seumus

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 18, 2005
Also I don't think MVP won every boss, it's just when they had people on they are generally pretty organised. Voice comms is a huge plus!

Why you retiring seu??????

Didn't even know you played here you boob! Just a few reasons man!

had a lot of fun with you m8, hoping server get fixed and we can play together again!

Also, as I said in the past, contesting bosses should be according to guild getting in time for the spawn.

Yah perhaps man 😀!

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Also I don't think MVP won every boss, it's just when they had people on they are generally pretty organised. Voice comms is a huge plus!

Didn't even know you played here you boob! Just a few reasons man!

Yah perhaps man !

Ha i dont play. just trolling bro

They see me trolling, they hatin....

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003
The source is open for everyone to see, these "many" people are ill-informed

https://github.com/Suprcode/mir2/blob/master/Client/AMain.cs

not that i disagree but :p
i wouldnt use that argument to convince ppl tbh.
since he's using a custom exe it's not unthinkable he adds a virus.
if you go and tell everyone that every random c# exe is safe to use > you're just gonna be the guy who convinced someone to run a virus some day :p

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
When azzi asks for our help to get the autopatcher to work i doubt hes gonna be capable of adding a virus to it, think about it.

@myth im not sure what bugs in the source have anything to do with claims of viruses

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
When azzi asks for our help to get the autopatcher to work i doubt hes gonna be capable of adding a virus to it, think about it.

@myth im not sure what bugs in the source have anything to do with claims of viruses

to be 100% honest, I dont even care if its with virus, but my anti virus is going nuts, and its not, I was talking about generally the fact that even if its an open source, it doesnt benefit most people and even harm them.

Last edited:

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
TD just told me you only want to have it disabled so you can continue with your custom client. Have fun with that not happening.

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
TD just told me you only want to have it disabled so you can continue with your custom client. Have fun with that not happening.

I told td, just give me normal client that is already compiled, cannot do much with it right?

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
I don't have issues with my Client.exe's it just the Server.exe which flags and deletes lol

But saying that.. over the past 10+ Years Anti Viruses have been flagging false readings.

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003

omg no i didnt, you're lying and should delete every post you made :p

anyway that said,
there's sooo many forms of custom client.
not all bad ones :p
(hides in a corner hoping nobody notices he's even on lomcn)

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
I don't have issues with my Client.exe's it just the Server.exe which flags and deletes lol

But saying that.. over the past 10+ Years Anti Viruses have been flagging false readings.
I know but this is an old laptop that I should've reformatted long time ago, just with a lot of stuff that are not that easy to backup in a lot of fields like biochemistry... the new autopatcher just makes my antivirus go beserk, and its really slowing the game from time to time....

edit:
thinking about it, the ingame slow might have nothing to do with the autopatcher, you tell me, but when I open the current exe, I pretty much have to disable my antivirus, something I am not happy doing tbh

Last edited:

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
I know but this is an old laptop that I should've reformatted long time ago, just with a lot of stuff that are not that easy to backup in a lot of fields like biochemistry... the new autopatcher just makes my antivirus go beserk, and its really slowing the game from time to time....

edit:
thinking about it, the ingame slow might have nothing to do with the autopatcher, you tell me, but when I open the current exe, I pretty much have to disable my antivirus, something I am not happy doing tbh
You do know you can add exceptions to certain programs? (depends on the AV)

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
You do know you can add exceptions to certain programs? (depends on the AV)
I tried playing with it, doesn't seem to help, probably doing something wrong, but to be honest, I am playing mir for fun, and I feel like this is not a good use of my time to play with those settings :(

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Fyi as elijah has pointed out to me, the launcher has been in the exe since the start, we've just forced it to be used now. Your anti virus knows no difference between it being on or off, so wont suddenly flag now its on.

If youre saying your anti virus has suddenly shown an issue now we've forced the launcher i think someones billy bullshitting