So with the team disbanded? wheres the files? Please dont make me right. PLEASE.

smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidShaw

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 3, 2007
The "team" told us all we were TESTERS , they said the files would be made publicly available once completed.
People put months of their time into playing this helping you find bugs. Members of Your forum. People who trust you.

http://www.lomcn.org/forum/showthread.php?78946-AceM2-The-next-generation-of-Mir&highlight=ACEM2

Its all there, your own advertisement, its all in writing on your own forum. You made commitments to everybody.

This whole server reset and explanation feels like the pretext for the release of a server running the files while not releasing them publicly as outlined in the original advertisement.
I feel like the entire community is being betrayed, I've been saying it for months that things just don't add up.

I LOVE Mir. Its my first MMO. This is not about me or any specific person. You(Those who have the capacity to do so) should do the right thing. Or at least stop pretending your going to.

Reactions: Ilsta

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
how is he betraying the community , releasing the files splits the COMMUNITY up.

I really do hope he doesn't release the files and alot agree, If your that bothered about the files ask for the untouched version they got 2 years back.

Lomcn will always be the same , people wanting stuff put on a plate with zero effort.

Turrican

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2012
UK
how is he betraying the community , releasing the files splits the COMMUNITY up.

I really do hope he doesn't release the files and alot agree, If your that bothered about the files ask for the untouched version they got 2 years back.

Lomcn will always be the same , people wanting stuff put on a plate with zero effort.

what he said.

SpeedHealer

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 6, 2013
Not everyone invested their time on the server based on some belief that the server files would be released. I know I certainly didn't. I hope he doesn't release them. He's done a good job so far with the files so I say let him continue his work.

DavidShaw

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 3, 2007
My opinion and what I hope and your opinion and I'd go as far as to say even Milo or Sams or TDs or any of the original teams opinion is not relevant.

They put it in WRITING on their OWN forum. They sold it to us as testing for public release.

Its not about my opinion or your opinion.

The team have been saying they will release when the testing is done. the test server is going down, the final action of the team as a collective or as individuals - should be to release.

Everybody knows it, lets stop pretending and get everything out in the open.

I have always maintained, that if the team turn around tomorrow and says "we're going back on our words, we will never release because its in our best interest and were only human" I will drop the matter immediately.
I just want the truth. I wanna hear it, just once.

Xiler

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2003

So its all about you after all? Wouldnt have guessed it from your other posts.....

Do you even bother to read what Sam posts? Its the community thats asking him NOT to release.

Turrican

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2012
UK
My opinion and what I hope and your opinion and I'd go as far as to say even Milo or Sams or TDs or any of the original teams opinion is not relevant.

They put it in WRITING on their OWN forum. They sold it to us as testing for public release.

Its not about my opinion or your opinion.

The team have been saying they will release when the testing is done. the test server is going down, the final action of the team as a collective or as individuals - should be to release.

Everybody knows it, lets stop pretending and get everything out in the open.

I have always maintained, that if the team turn around tomorrow and says "we're going back on our words, we will never release because its in our best interest and were only human" I will drop the matter immediately.

who cares.. games company's makes statements they never follow through with all the time. eta's / game releases that never happen, i dont go chasing them down demanding they release the game or keep to their eta's purely because its in writing somewhere or another.

need i remind you posting on lomcn isn't a legally binding contract.

DavidShaw

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 3, 2007
If they are going to go back on their word I would like to hear them say it.
Otherwise, as much as you would like to derail this thread. my original points just simply cannot be disputed.

I am a member of this community, there are many others like me, who would like them to stick to their word.
If they are going to go back on their words, then we want to be told the truth, its that simple.

Do not selectively choose people that agree with you and call that the community.

edit:
If you tell people your going to release. And there are people that both want a release and dont. Of course you should go with your original statements.
This is not a discussion about legality, its about morality. DOING WHAT YOU SAY YOU WILL.

Last edited:

Xiler

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2003
Then i'm sure many members of the community that also want the files released will be posting in this thread to back up your baseless claims. They have been pretty quiet so far..

Also Sam has only said he is working on the files for release, nothing more.

DavidShaw

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 3, 2007
We tried in other threads ...
Threads that magically disappear or are locked or deleted. I can link to the ones that were just locked if you like.
To think this forum is not full of server owners who would like the opportunity to work with the files is just lying to yourself.

d1craig

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 12, 2010
The guy is listening to the community. Not many of the "players" want these files to be released its all the people that would want to make there own server for money ( which most of is beleive is the reason people want these files includon Sam ) or any other reason.

Plus the files are not completed so the lie has not yet happened. What you want is the guy to let you have the server files and then you will ask him for all the things that are not in them atm. Either wait or don't get the file simplez.

Xiler

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2003
Did I say there were many server owners not wanting these files? Making up stuff to fit your own agenda?

Where are all these server owners? How much time did they put in reporting bugs/playing the server to help development?

If the answer is little then they don't deserve the files.

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
So you're saying you'd rather have the files released with quite a number of known bugs within the code, with an unbalanced Envir and a database that has been mashed together? This will only result in a chain reaction of crappy servers that will abuse these new files to make some quick £££ because of the new graphics and working features which will ruin the "new and amazing feel" to the files. The time and effort put into this project by the Ace team should not be wasted on the sad few who look to use these files for themselves, but instead should be used to bring unique and dynamic private servers to LOMCN whilst using the many features these files have to offer.

On topic of your point David. They may have said they will release them once these files have been tested, but testing to a player and testing to a developer is two different things. The files may look amazing to the community but underneath all of the amazing is **** that needs to be fixed or worked upon.

Ilsta

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2012
I tend to agree on david this time, anyways sam has already stated he's working on a release of the files unless he has changed his mind? and if so i would like to hear from the other past team members opinions on this (this isn't just sams work is it?).. which most seem to of gone in hiding (which i find hard to believe) cowards! ;p

---------- Post Merged at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:32 PM ----------

So you're saying you'd rather have the files released with quite a number of known bugs within the code, with an unbalanced Envir and a database that has been mashed together? This will only result in a chain reaction of crappy servers that will abuse these new files to make some quick £££ because of the new graphics and working features which will ruin the "new and amazing feel" to the files. The time and effort put into this project by the Ace team should not be wasted on the sad few who look to use these files for themselves, but instead should be used to bring unique and dynamic private servers to LOMCN whilst using the many features these files have to offer.

On topic of your point David. They may have said they will release them once these files have been tested, but testing to a player and testing to a developer is two different things. The files may look amazing to the community but underneath all of the amazing is **** that needs to be fixed or worked upon.

No matter how buggy you seem to think they are, people can start to create a server and find more bugs than before if there released due to using more features than the acem2 server currently is.

Why dose it all come down to making a quick ££ ? this community has hit rock bottom if you ask me.

Reactions: MythRohan

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
DavidShaw stop shooting yourself in the foot here. Sam has agree'd to make a released copy of the server files. Your bitching will just make his decision easier and telling everyone to **** off.

And for the record lady's and gent's i would love to get my hands on these files and i would be wiling to pay for them and future updates if its required. I agree people are out there to make money but not everyone is.

And regarding splitting the community up. SHUT the **** up not every server is to everyone's taste. I left ACEM2 because it wasn't my cup of tea. But i enjoyed Sijo... Hint Hint Tyraes

Last edited:

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
Why dose it all come down to making a quick ££ ? this community has hit rock bottom if you ask me.

Because people who use files too make quick £££ always leave players feeling negative about the server and the files because of the experience they had playing these sorts of servers due to the way they were run which generally means not using the files to their full potential.

I left ACEM2 because it wasn't my cup of tea. But i enjoyed Sijo... Hint Hint Tyraes

;)

bayya

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 19, 2012
The TEAM that said they would do this no longer exists.
What do you want the files for anyway?
Sams doing a good job.
300 people didnt test the files. Most just played. How many people do you see reporting bugs? Some found bugs without reporting Many dont speak english at all or only very little and so dont come to this forum and probably didnt know it was a test server.
The files arent finished
No assassin no TM none of the new skills or hunting grounds. Look at the lists of things that need fixing.
If the team still existed then it would be Ok for you to press for what YOU want. TEAM gone and from what I can tell Sam has done most of the work on these files anyway.
I reckon its up to him when/if he releases them seein as he's done most of it.
he said he will when he's ready.

Last edited:

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England
I reckon its up to him when/if he releases them seein as he's done most of it.
he said he will when he's ready.

+1

Demand all you want, I'd love for him to turn round and tell anyone demanding to ****ing do one.

His files, he coded most, he can do w.e the **** he wants with them.

If your that desperate find the source and get cracking.

Last edited:

WildGirl

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 26, 2013
Ethernet
Id just a private server. Shouldn't have high expectations and if you enjoy playing it, limit yourself to that. When my enjoyment ended I simply quit.

Status
Not open for further replies.