Sphinx [2.3]

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Kani

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 8, 2007
Re: Sphinx

whos this extra person, we all like to know since it could be someone like pob whos ruined servers over and over cause ppl let them help :P no offense pob u just popped into mind first lol

excluded

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 31, 2006

whos this extra person, we all like to know since it could be someone like pob whos ruined servers over and over cause ppl let them help :P no offense pob u just popped into mind first lol

No its not Pob - but sorry i cannot back you up on him ruining servers as i have never seen it myself - maybe he has??

No its actually my brother name ShadowMir on lomcn (familyguy profile pic)

But for a state of mind, everything thats in this server is Via me ALONE.
My brother is just elping create MONGEN lists.

Its all going good atm

excluded

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 31, 2006

Is the original ETA of 2/3 weeks as of 1st December still looking realistic?

the ETA has gone out of mind mate, currently working on gettin it up ASAP, literally working on it 24/7 to get it up and running i like to say its getting close but dont wanna rise to much hopes up!!!

Sorry i cannot give you the answer u are after

excluded

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 31, 2006
Sorry peeps, server taking longer then expected, my so called BROTHER ditched me and now not helping so bck to solo, please bare with me.

Dont want to use this as a excuse but i feel u shud know why its taking so long!

Apart from making the server, i have 2 daughters to take care off as well as my mrs who suffers with epilepsy.
I am NOT letting this stop me from making the server, but it does indeed slow me down as i have to attend to their needs!!.

*UPDATE*

BossBDD almost complete "Final_Boss_Stage" to do which im tryna do a Evo Script boss mob, Kill boss, evolves into a harder mob!!

Because i think i will miss the xmas period i will run a event for a MONTH when server is up.

Please do not lose interest as of monday i will have the kettle on with perm coffee as im sending the kids and mrs to her mothers everyday to get em outta the way.
Mrs knows about the server and has said she will help with the way she can!!

Mason

Sphinx 2.3 hopefully online before 24/12/2010

IOWMir

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 18, 2009
yeh great commitment, specially at this time of the year, goodluck getting server ready its sounding pretty good atm.

TaoQueen

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 3, 2010
How are the classes balanced ?

Pa/Slow ?, I'm not interested if I'm going to get 4 hit with PA -.-

How long on ETA ? :S

U

Dany97

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 28, 2009
Timisoara
Any news from thread starter? Looks like the last post from him was one week ago ...
Try keep us updated m8 as the server looks promising and can't wait to give it a try ...

XScape

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 6, 2010
Nottingham
We are still working on the server , shouldent really be long untill its ready for deployment , i wouldent like to say an eta .

excluded

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 31, 2006
Server is in GOOD progress i might actually open up a beta testing stage (didnt think i would need to) but this will give a number of peeps a sneak preview of the server and can leave their own feedback before live <<<< what peeps think to that?

Not too much to do now really just got to get items in the right place.

Because its taking so long to do i have made EVERY cave accessable via teleport and so far theres 35 quests in and working which range from killcount to item find!!

*UPDATE*
StoneTemple is NOT same as euro
StartLevel been upped to lvl 26 < recieve a euro standard lvl 26 kit to start
OmaCave is not euro >>> PB mobs in here with the famous OmaKingSpirit and .... OmaKing << good mobs that i like so had em in and easy to access
(i like the idea of fighting over OKS and OK which i use to do on good old euro mir)

I worked on a custom NPC script for teleporting which i think everyone will like here are the OPTIONS:
Cave's
ExpCave's
TimeLimitCave's
GroupCave's
MiningCave's
SabukWallCave
SkillBookCave
KRTeleport's

Stats are not very high so a taos curse will not last 5 mins, a wizz cannot 1 hit kill unlkess that victim is like 40+ lvls lower <SHOULD I PUT A PKLVL CAP IN??>
Warrs its possible to have PA+ and slow+ on items but finding the orbs to do it is not easy, so if sumone has this then they have earnt it!! same as wiz and tao orbs.

I stick to what i said >> classes have there OWN items, as i dont like a ring with mc,dc and sc on.

NPC's need to be out in right place

Just to let most ppl know -- this is a MEDIUM RATE server which will require solo/team work to improve throughout.
My aim is to make a very long stable online server that peeps enjoy playing or even just to log on to talk to friends.

thnx for the interest and hope everyone had a good holiday season. bck to server work for me.

Regards

Mason

XScape with Familyguy profile pic is helping and is doin very well \0/ hands up to him

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008
Yay more info on this "finally" :P Got an estimate on eta? I recon a nice beta mode might balance more stuff out :)

Good luck to you and Xscape (◕‿-)

XScape

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 6, 2010
Nottingham
Good Evening Lomcn,
just a quick update following the one from excluded.
i have not long finished implementing level 50 ,70 and 90 kits which all look pretty nice,also some monsters have been created which will be entered into the new maps that are getting added tonight , i will also begin writing more quests, which are nice and unique to Sphinx, i wont tell the quests because that would be giving away some secrets , although alot of work is still needed i feel we have taken another step towards ETA stages, which i cannot confirm a date ,
like last night we will be taking extra steps and working untill early in the morning to ensure we get it to you guys ASAP
Merry Christmas and happy new year
Savvas ^^
What would you like to see in Sphinx 2.3 ? im open to private messages .

Last edited:

IOWMir

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 18, 2009
id be up for testing stuff, sounds like my kind of server!

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008
Well when this is live i better not be the only english person on it like the last server...