smoochy boys on tour

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
Re: Server files

Most bug free? No, 5 years+ really? Don't think it's been that long.
Yes most bug free, 1.4 very prone to bugs / hacks, ledu 1.9 very prone to bugs / hacks. all 2.6s bugged to hell. name a set of a files that has less bugs/hacks than 2.3 that are in circulation, and that have been as wide spread used/tested as 2.3

Who cares about caps, High rate servers have been proven time and time again to be mindlessly run by people with no clue as a quick way to attract lots of users only for the server to burn itself out within a few months to a year or 2 and are forced to wipe / start another server. these people failed at any attempt to run a low rate server which is what mir was intended to be. In fact id go as far as to say the cap should of been lower.

people with amazing skills have attempted and failed few examples TD
that's the way it came across.

4years then, its been a long time anyway, longer than your MU project managed to say the least.

sorry for the rant, alex good look with your files.

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003

Nightwolf released a nice set of files with code.

All 2.3 stuff in it.

G/l Jp

kyndigs

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Feb 19, 2009
Reading, UK

Who cares about that when you can make a set to Korean standard and then delete them? ^_^

This aimed at me Tai Red Curry? :eek:

To answer above, people only overuse TD's file because they fear having to actually do any work setting a server up, SQL scares them? Who knows! Outtest are the most stable set of 2.3 files out, nightwolf compiled them and released no-one used them.

kyndigs

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Feb 19, 2009
Reading, UK

Well Mask, you pretty much narrowed any choices down... I would love to see a clean 2.3 running straight from Outtest.

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield

Yes most bug free, 1.4 very prone to bugs / hacks, ledu 1.9 very prone to bugs / hacks. all 2.6s bugged to hell. name a set of a files that has less bugs/hacks than 2.3 that are in circulation, and that have been as wide spread used/tested as 2.3

Who cares about caps, High rate servers have been proven time and time again to be mindlessly run by people with no clue as a quick way to attract lots of users only for the server to burn itself out within a few months to a year or 2 and are forced to wipe / start another server. these people failed at any attempt to run a low rate server which is what mir was intended to be. In fact id go as far as to say the cap should of been lower.

that's the way it came across.

4years then, its been a long time anyway, longer than your MU project managed to say the least.

sorry for the rant, alex good look with your files.

What exactly have you done here towards mir apart from made afew 3D Graphics? I wasn't slating the developers i was simply mentioning it's going too be hard, was i complaining about the caps, no... i thought it was a good idea. Every set of source could of had less bugs if people played with the sources, Nightwolf released a set of source closest to 2.3 and it's what kyn and lil based thier source of if i'm not mistaken? Might of been DM2.

My project may have stopped but the source is there in the simplest language known, any one pick it up? I guess someone with only graphic knowledge that can make some 3D graphics wouldn't quite know the extent of such a project. (Not slating your 3d model's they are quite good). But the games you make in Unity are just 3D versions of the old 2d rpg gamemaker everyone used to re-make pokemon or some crap. Not exactly the same thing now is it.

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
Well Mask, you pretty much narrowed any choices down...
its called covering all bases :)

What exactly have you done here towards mir apart from made afew 3D Graphics? I wasn't slating the developers i was simply mentioning it's going too be hard, was i complaining about the caps, no... i thought it was a good idea. Every set of source could of had less bugs if people played with the sources, Nightwolf released a set of source closest to 2.3 and it's what kyn and lil based thier source of if i'm not mistaken? Might of been DM2.

My project may have stopped but the source is there in the simplest language known, any one pick it up? I guess someone with only graphic knowledge that can make some 3D graphics wouldn't quite know the extent of such a project. (Not slating your 3d model's they are quite good). But the games you make in Unity are just 3D versions of the old 2d rpg gamemaker everyone used to re-make pokemon or some crap. Not exactly the same thing now is it.

what have you done? by this statement you are claiming you have done something for the community? what is it? you really cant consider working on files which haven't been finished for the community.. as the community will never see them working, i don't claim to have done anything for the community, as around here to do something for the community it has to be something related to "coding" i guess hosting a server since 1.9 for 4 years having 1000's of users play is doing nothing "for the community" but im fine with that, i don't expect "credit" for it, i enjoyed doing it. just like i enjoy making 3d mir, it may not ever get completed but im not bothered whether it does or not, i see it as a learning curve and a way to improve my knowledge in 3d, a stepping stone somewhat.

and as for 2d rpg maker, you are truly clueless into the engines out there right now, this is what unity is capable of and more:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rx7xeqadFQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svH6_fKULvw&feature=related

even EA games have recently partnered with unity due to its ability to produce game to a high standard quick and efficiently , guess they want to bring out lots more 2d rpgs..

could find loads more but im to lazy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield

could find loads more but im to lazy.

Explains the reason for you using an engine...

what have you done? by this statement you are claiming you have done something for the community? what is it? you really cant consider working on files which haven't been finished for the community.. as the community will never see them working, i don't claim to have done anything for the community, as around here to do something for the community it has to be something related to "coding" i guess hosting a server since 1.9 for 4 years having 1000's of users play is doing nothing "for the community" but im fine with that, i don't expect "credit" for it, i enjoyed doing it. just like i enjoy making 3d mir, it may not ever get completed but im not bothered whether it does or not, i see it as a learning curve and a way to improve my knowledge in 3d, a stepping stone somewhat.

Did i in anyway claim to have done millions of releases for the community? Apart from the fact of working on the original DM2 sources with Nick etc and helping out there i posted "working" vb.net sources which would of never seen a release if we never got into contact with ADM and DeathWish and fixed it up abit. Those source's work fine - will get you ingame with quite abit of the hard work done. Which has aided the like of Skunk and Jamie with thier VB.NET mir3 project and C# mir2 project.

Not exactly nothing is it. I never said you never accomplished anything niether must of been hard work taking those 1.9 files adding some new mobs, items, caves and maps and paying for that dedicated server. I'll stop here or this thread will get locked but still good luck al3xz if you need a hand with anything please post.

DiabloVodkaShot

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 20, 2009

Sorry i disagree, with you here, and have to agree with mask since i am a user of this program i will show you some of my work later if you like.

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom

Explains the reason for you using an engine...
Yeah id like to see you code a 3d engine + networking framework, when you cant even code a mir2 server with all the code / artwork available to you.

Did i in anyway claim to have done millions of releases for the community? Apart from the fact of working on the original DM2 sources with Nick etc and helping out there i posted "working" vb.net sources which would of never seen a release if we never got into contact with ADM and DeathWish and fixed it up abit. Those source's work fine - will get you ingame with quite abit of the hard work done. Which has aided the like of Skunk and Jamie with thier VB.NET mir3 project and C# mir2 project.

Not exactly nothing is it. I never said you never accomplished anything niether must of been hard work taking those 1.9 files adding some new mobs, items, caves and maps and paying for that dedicated server. I'll stop here or this thread will get locked but still good luck al3xz if you need a hand with anything please post.

You made it a point to bring up what i have done for the community, which was obvious you was trying to compare yourself to me, and you'd only compare yourself to me if you thought you had done more, which intern you tried to clarify in this post.

I never said it was hard, and i never said i wanted credit for it, nor do i think i deserve any credit for it. So think what you like, at least i did something during my mir years and i enjoyed doing it, and my work is remembered and not rotting away on someone's hdd, never to see the light of day again.

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
You say that as if you coded the engine youself lol
lol because you made a stupid statement "that explains the reason why you would use an engine" quoting "because im lazy"

what else am i gonna use? hopes and dreams?

I'm really going to code my own 3d game engine, when i have little experience in coding, and know of you, an experienced coder who cant even finish a set of files for a 10year old 2d game.

hypocrite.

edit : judging by the topic that just popped up my comments have motivated you to doing something for the community, congrats. (http://www.lomcn.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?68776-Mir-C-Client&p=767556#post767556)

whos next? kyn? :P

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
lol why would i release a client source for someone who uses a 3D Engine with drag'n'drop to make a game. :P
I've got a ton of source laying about i don't need anymore just going through it all.

As for finishing a set of files for a ten year old game, might not of finished it but still done alot more than re-create the bronze axe in 3D. Might be a 10 year old game but unlike others that just stick to using the offical source's i tried to re-code the whole thing didn't get a base to start at ;)

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
lol why would i release a client source for someone who uses a 3D Engine with drag'n'drop to make a game. :P
I've got a ton of source laying about i don't need anymore just going through it all.

As for finishing a set of files for a ten year old game, might not of finished it but still done alot more than re-create the bronze axe in 3D. Might be a 10 year old game but unlike others that just stick to using the offical source's i tried to re-code the whole thing didn't get a base to start at ;)

not for me, for others you felt guilty i had pointed out you have done very little towards the community.

You didn't try make anything you merely "tried" continue what someone else had started.

even i could say i did that, you have nothing solid to back it up, no finished files. nothing. any work you did was pointless as it didn't amount to anything.

so what i made 3d stuff in my spare time for a totally unrelated cause lol, i didnt ask for my own section as mine is a hobby.

your getting me mixed up with someone who cares about what they have done for lomcn in the past.

so what do you want a gold star for an unfinished set of files? grow up.

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
whats stopping you from progressing with your work Xander?? :)

because he is all talk, iv heard it from people who worked with him during MU.
he'd go missing for months claiming he has no internet and cant upload the latest sources, when one of the other people on the project lives not far away. then he'd come back with nothing to show of it.

Omen_lom

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 29, 2006
Actually now that you mention it, while i was keeping updated on the progress of MU on the levelme forums I noticed alot of the team waiting on someone to upload the latest sources :P I see we have our culprit. Obviously your good enough Xander, you just need to apply yourself! (do I sound like one of those career managing people here???)

Omen/