Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes
Biohazard said:
RZ seems a little fishy. In the last week the user count has gone from an average of 50 or so to 175+.

203 users on Christmas Eve? Gg.

That is -8 GMT Time. So it is 6 PM in London.

Thats because theres a special christmas event on, noone wants to miss it.

Biohazard

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Apr 21, 2003
Salem, Oregon
Of course, why would you ditch your family and those oh so uber presents to play mir? What the *** what I thinking?

MrSam

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 31, 2005
Thoughts on this whole thing:

Obviously MentaL or at least half the posters on this thread would know how to spoof a "from" email. But it's very unusual for copies of the email to surface- why bother? The odds of it ending up on here were astronomically small.

The grammar of the email was bad. Nobody would not bother to hide their email address but deliberately make grammatical errors. So does this compare with MentaL's track posting record? (Eg. "Your" instead of "you're".)

Not coming down on either side - just pointing these things out. Spoofing an email is easy, but the odds of it mattering? If I was sending a complaint email I doubt I'd bother to spoof an address or even register a new one. I'd just send the email.

Ability to spoof an address and thinking/seeing a need to do so are very different. Most of us have the ability - but how many of us bother to do so?

Trying to frame MentaL. That's ridiculous. The chances of the email that sent the complaint being found out were absurdly small.

The only chance of it being someone out to frame MentaL is if it's Scorp. There's just no way it could be anyone else trying to frame him. Looks to me like one of the big players is trying underhand tricks, don't know which.

Last edited:

Dataforce

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 15, 2003
MrSam said:
Scorpian92 said:
Maybe they should get a decent sponcer

I used to be a good one methinks.
Aye, but i get more money this way, and i need to make lomcn start paying :/

¤]´)÷¤--§îr Äürøñ--¤÷(`[¤ said:
Biohazard said:
We in America open presents today. =/

Really?

You complete b@stards. I'm moving to Cali.

The do the same in Most of europe aswell as far as i know. We in the UK seem to be the only ones who leave it untill xmas day, tis odd

Biohazard

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Apr 21, 2003
Salem, Oregon
We get presents from relatives on Christmas Eve and on Christmas Day we get presents from our folks.

So...we win.

Bacardi

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 27, 2003
Sheffield
yeah but howabout bills? rent? tax? obligations..? even the nicest wage has it's limits.. plus if u have an income, a box of chocolates for everyone just doesnt cut it lol

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
OR, you all think that nah it was't mental he wouldn't write like that blah blah, didn't you ever think that he would change the way he was writing to make it look like it wasn't him when it really was. And if he did, then it's working.

Hate

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 8, 2005
CraiG^ said:
OR, you all think that nah it was't mental he wouldn't write like that blah blah, didn't you ever think that he would change the way he was writing to make it look like it wasn't him when it really was. And if he did, then it's working.

Or.....maybe someone else made the mistakes in the email on purpose so you would think that it was mental trying to make it look like it wasn't him writing the email when in fact it wasn't but it was this other guy whos just trying to frame mental.

Or infact it is mental who made the mistakes in the email to make us think that some other guy made the mistakes to make mental look like he is trying to trick us into thinking it wasn't him that wrote the email when infact it really was, and then it would be working.

But then again it could be this stranger that made the mistakes so you would think it was mental that made the mistakes to make us think that some stranger was making the mistakes to make us think that it was really mental making the mistakes to make it look like mental was trying to trick us, when infact it's just this guy trying to frame mental.

BUT! it could be mental....

You get the point.

:doggy!:

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
<3 you Hate.

imo it's....... Mr.Stranger :D because....

Mr.Stranger made the mistakes in the email on purpose so you would think that it was mental trying to make it look like it wasn't him writing the email when in fact it wasn't but it was Mr.Stranger whos just trying to frame mental.

But it could be....

Mr.Stranger that made the mistakes so you would think it was mental that made the mistakes to make us think that some Mr.Stranger was making the mistakes to make us think that it was really mental making the mistakes to make it look like mental was trying to trick us, when infact it's just Mr.Stranger trying to frame mental.

/Ripped, Torn and Patched back up.

Toxick

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 17, 2003
in all fairness, let it go, we wouldnt/will never know who did it, unless someone admits on doing it(and thats doubtful)....

Biohazard

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Apr 21, 2003
Salem, Oregon
Annon said:
yeah but howabout bills? rent? tax? obligations..? even the nicest wage has it's limits.. plus if u have an income, a box of chocolates for everyone just doesnt cut it lol

He lives with me. And I live with my parents. Which means all he has to pay for is.....nothing.

Back on topic:

I don't know what to think anymore, so much drama - *sigh*.

Richens

LOMCN VIP (Mapper)
VIP
Jul 28, 2004
UK - Midlands
I have come to a conclusion. My acquisition, is that i find the apparent perpetrator, NOT guilty!

-Judge Richens

Case Ended!

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
We could keep arguing but it really won't take us anywhere.

Now unless Scorp manages to get the IP of the person who sent the e-mail or any more proof, topic closed.

PM me if you wish the topic to be reopened (within reason).

Status
Not open for further replies.