The Encyclopedia of Mir

smoochy boys on tour

MrSam

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 31, 2005
I want to know what you people think of this. There have been talks of possibly doing a run of 1,000 copies of this book, if enough people show interest... This is the first announcement and just trying to gauge people's interest.

The Encyclopedia of Mir.

This is *NOT* a dull reference book. It's intended to be pretty funny. It would feature humerous entries on all sorts of things, by people who send the stuff in. It wouldn't be bawdy humour, but good gags.

Entries would be just funny, some would be slightly factual, chronicling influential players, guilds or events which have had an effect on Mir.

It should be an entertaining read.

There'd also be all the maps (annotated with important coords like vendors) included, and a full stat listing of all items. So it'd be handy to keep around for the actual reference section it contains. Obviously this is just for official Mir though.

Probably looking at about £8-10 delivered. Paperback.

Would this be something that would interest you/that you could see becoming popular? Would anyone want to get involved with something like this?

It would be written by a variety of people, and loads could contribute, but it'd be edited by funny people and professional writers. The end result would be polished. Although it's a small run (1,000) the publishers are expecting a decent quality.

Last edited:

~Webby~

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 6, 2004
Manchester
For new people to mir i think its a good idea like most games bring out a guide and mir has never really had one, just learnt as you go along. Depending if its boring or not it'd probibly be a success can only try eh.

TheThreeHeroes

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 10, 2005
Sound good, but you have to consider something out that people nowaday

don't read much books much if they could find it online as an alternative.

How about making an archives in form of Acrobat Reader available online,

and you can upload it to Richen's server, then have it sticky on the forum,

so everybody can have access to it. Or you can have it as a topic and

compose the book as people post feedback and replies on the topic.

Last edited:

MrSam

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 31, 2005
People seem to be missing the point a bit.

This would be jokey references, this is NOT a serious reference book. It's aimed at experienced Mir players who know it all. It just includes maps, stats etc as a little bonus.

The 'encyclopedia' is just humorous entries on everything. It's intended to be actually read through and laughed at, not referenced.

The only serious bit is a few notes on memorable players and things. This is still very conceptual but if 300 people wanted to preorder it would happen... Doesn't seem to be going down too well tho.

Last edited:

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
rofl u geeks make me laugh, writing a book on mir.
you dont need to buy the book to laugh.. the book dont even need to be made, just the idea of it makes me chuckle.

~Webby~

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 6, 2004
Manchester
Mask said:
you dont need to buy the book to laugh.. the book dont even need to be made, just the idea of it makes me chuckle.

Says the labourer on 50grand a year, your life make's me chuckle :middle:

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
~Webby~ said:
Says the labourer on 50grand a year, your life make's me chuckle :middle:
m8 ur existance makes me chuckle. :mooned:
look i touchd a nerve, dont take it to heart webby,
but damn ur a geek.

~Webby~

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 6, 2004
Manchester
Mask said:
but damn ur a geek.

Lol msn convo 2days ago

Some gay mame Says:
Atm im on 50k a year
Mike Says:
What is it you do again?!
Some gay name Says:
ripping out, cleaning up etc
Mike Says:
Labouring then
Some gay name says:
yes
Mike Says:
rofl sure meight

nah you you aint touched a nerve :brows:

Sawell

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 29, 2003
Mask said:
but damn ur a geek.

I'm a geek, what (apart from moaning and feeling sad because you will never know enough about anything to be classed as a geek) are you going to do about it?

The very fact you claim so boldly not to be one renders you the outcast, you're on our turf :).

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
~Webby~ said:
Lol msn convo 2days ago

Some gay mame Says:
Atm im on 50k a year
Mike Says:
What is it you do again?!
Some gay name Says:
ripping out, cleaning up etc
Mike Says:
Labouring then
Some gay name says:
yes
Mike Says:
rofl sure meight

nah you you aint touched a nerve :brows:
rofl nice editin xD

Some racist name Says:
rofl sure meight
Mask Says:
Dnt be gay all ur life
Some racist name Says:
But i cant help if i am
Mask Says:
Stop being a prick if u gay just come out with it
Some racist name Says:
i am
Mask Says:
Roflmao Fag.

~Webby~

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 6, 2004
Manchester
Mask said:
rofl nice editin xD

Some racist name Says:
rofl sure meight
Mask Says:
Dnt be gay all ur life
Some racist name Says:
But i cant help if i am
Mask Says:
Stop being a prick if u gay just come out with it
Some racist name Says:
i am
Mask Says:
Roflmao Fag.

LOL :tongue1:

LordLucas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 13, 2003
Wow you're a looser calling people geeks while you play the game yourself.

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
LordLucas said:
Wow you're a looser calling people geeks while you play the game yourself.
rofl do i play the game tho ?? :fthrower:
:middle:
am mearly on ere cuz webby keeps posting links thru msn. -.-
so shh geek.

Soul

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 23, 2003
Suffolk, England
Mask said:

Seeing as this forum is basically designed for 'MiR' why are you on it if not to play/have played mir sometime in your life hey?

Idiot.

EDIT - Lol Webby must have pasted a shed-load of links through msn to you then, you've accumulated 97 posts through his links... you call us geeks. Think you should re-take a look at your own agenda =].

You don't see many if any people on here registering up and posting nearly 100 posts and have nothing to do with the Mir part of the forum...

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
Soul said:
Seeing as this forum is basically designed for 'MiR' why are you on it if not to play/have played mir sometime in your life hey?

Idiot.

EDIT - Lol Webby must have pasted a shed-load of links through msn to you then, you've accumulated 97 posts through his links... you call us geeks. Think you should re-take a look at your own agenda =].

You don't see many if any people on here registering up and posting nearly 100 posts and have nothing to do with the Mir part of the forum...
97 posts in over 2 years is nothing when ppl on ere have 800+ in a few months..

and even when i did play mir, i would still laugh at the idea of making a book about mir. how sad are u ? have u not got a life? ud rather spend time making a stupid book, that means nothing, than something contructive that does ?

i rest my case.

Soul

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 23, 2003
Suffolk, England
Mask said:
97 posts in over 2 years is nothing when ppl on ere have 800+ in a few months..

and even when i did play mir, i would still laugh at the idea of making a book about mir. how sad are u ? have u not got a life? ud rather spend time making a stupid book, that means nothing, than something contructive that does ?

i rest my case.

You have no case to rest.

Just because you haven't posted as much as most/if any people since the time you've been registered. Does not make you any different in the fact that you used to play MiR, So why the hell your laughing at people I don't know.

Why laugh at the idea of making a book? It's basically the same as someone spending their time making a site about MiR and incase you haven't noticed lately but there are quite a few of those ;o.

'that means nothing' - Maybe not to you but it obviously does to a fair few other people so infuture stop trying to ruin a good thread by running your mouth[!]

[Sorry for making this go off topic anyone is welcome to delete these posts that are of no use, I just had to say my bit back.]