Effect_ws.wzx

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Looks like its mainly a melee class. #confused

With no knowledge on it at-all, this is how i think the new classes are working.. / should work. Bit like Subclasses.. Defence/Attack. Magic/Mele

Warrior -> Assassin
Assassins are a speedy warrior, with sacrifised HP, for more MP & swifter attacks.

Wizard -> Archer
Archers are a Damage based wizard, doing AC damage rather than AMC...

Tao -> Monk
Monk i assume will be a Tao which is more mele based & less fragile. Remove pets & buffs, add DC/ HP & few mele skills. Bosh?

Thats how i see the classes, makes sense to me :RpS_rolleyes:

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Tao -> Monk
Monk i assume will be a Tao which is more mele based & less fragile. Remove pets & buffs, add DC/ HP & few mele skills. Bosh?
so basically a warrior?

the way im hoping to code monk on our files is to keep it to a similar support/unique feel.. give it things only a monk can do and makes them vital to a group.. just like you bring a tao for poison, rev, curse, buffs etc.

I'll have to see its spells to get an idea of wot they'll do.. it'll have a pet but the pet will be more support based rather than attack based like a taos shinsu/skele is. could make pets that heal the group / increase mana regene / give AOE a.speed / MR / PR / slow / poison buffs etc... make it pull mobs to it, make it fear mobs, ideas are endless

Last edited:

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
so basically a warrior?

the way im hoping to code monk on our files is to keep it to a similar support/unique feel.. give it things only a monk can do and makes them vital to a group.. just like you bring a tao for poison, rev, curse, buffs etc.

I'll have to see its spells to get an idea of wot they'll do.. it'll have a pet but the pet will be more support based rather than attack based like a taos shinsu/skele is. could make pets that heal the group / increase mana regene / give AOE a.speed / MR / PR / slow / poison buffs etc... make it pull mobs to it, make it fear mobs, ideas are endless

Basically a Tao Warrior hybrid yea.... Monks on TV shows are shown as disciplined warriors using their hands and sticks to fight. they also are relgious.. so it seems sensible to keep thme as a hybrid between the two.

The idea of a pet which is support i like! could be a skill of the monk to friend a monster (hallucination x tame) sort of spell.. with a limit. MR/Pr buffs could be good too! Liking the ideas on that to be fair.

Tracy

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jul 1, 2014
Did you people add this in then ?

I still sell my version of code

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Did you people add this in then ?

I still sell my version of code

Unless the code is 100% your work you shouldn't be selling anything. People on this forum tend to share things out of kindness, not try and profit off others work.

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
Unless the code is 100% your work you shouldn't be selling anything. People on this forum tend to share things out of kindness, not try and profit off others work.

+1.

This community has lasted so long for a reason.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80850184/monk.wmv

Monk video, if you want to see more skills let me know or even if you want to see the hum change to monk i can show you this

items / armours let me know

Your char select placements are wrong and are of a wizard not a monk.

Your animations are completely broken and show edges of you drawing too far.

And your spell crashed your client at the end of your video.

Great video of your coding skills ;)

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
so that was literly just showing like 3 spells? isnt rly very good.. anyone can code that

also u never said what language its coded in.. not that anyone would buy it

Tracy

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jul 1, 2014
any language c# delphi

full monk patch with images + code for above to work on your set is £35

You get char select plus all 13 skills + all 13 armours / glows effects and the monk cbo effect as its not running on humanframe 600 its a new one

Monkframe 600 then cbos

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
The images on char screen are made not official, wizard ? what are u smoking

lol at animations are completely broken

its paused at the end, are you so thick

Here is a diffrend video had todo twice someone walked in shop lol

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80850184/Monk2.wmv

Maybe you post you monk video far

2014_07_19_19_56_09_Windows_Media_Player.png

Left is the mir3 wizard, right is your 'monk' - if shanda have just reused the mir3 animation that's just shoddy from the start.

"It paused at the end", then unpaused, then paused again. Sounds like you've got a bug in your code.

If you can't see that the placements are moving, and you're not bothered to fix them in code then you're just lazy.

If you can't see that half of your armour animations are showing a border top left right, and again aren't bothered to fix the errors, then you're even lazier.

@Bon, I expect it'll be delphi because it looks like a DM2 based set of files.

@Tracy, no one wants to pay for your shoddy work.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
any language c# delphi

full monk patch with images + code for above to work on your set is £35

You get char select plus all 13 skills + all 13 armours / glows effects and the monk cbo effect as its not running on humanframe 600 its a new one

Monkframe 600 then cbos
so basically you want someone to give u their source for u to add it in...?

Status
Not open for further replies.