Trinity2.3 (Med Rate Server)

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

Fester

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 11, 2004
From what i read about this server before it went live got me interested, a nice med rate server, very well balanced and a server that was going to be here for the long time .... then i played .... im far from impressed.

I am a euro mir 2 beta player and have been on and off a few servers over the years and i have never been on one with so much promise that now appears to have burned out in a week ( not just because of the exploits ).

There are far to many items, gems ect dropping and people level well to fast, not to mention the limited places to hunt.

Good luck with whats left of the server but i think i will give up here.

Trinity2.3

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 15, 2010
gm done a runner

I havent done a runner, im not going anywere, its no wonder people give up on servers with people like you making statements like this.

Why should anyone bother to make a server when the players are so annoying, it took over 400 people to create COD MW2, working a server solo is damn hard work, so give me some fkin space.

Shank

The_Mafia
VIP
Dec 4, 2008
thats ur fault puttin a basic server up n havin to rush updates in, didnt u think about this while it was down for like amonth?

Trinity2.3

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 15, 2010
thats ur fault puttin a basic server up n havin to rush updates in, didnt u think about this while it was down for like amonth?

Diddnt you think that with a game like mir, with only a couple of testers, that things might get missed.

And secondly the first time this went live it was rushed because of the host, i wouldnt have put it up so early if it was just down to me, and since it is just down to me now, i have a rather large workload to contend with.

fwarr

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 25, 2006
Im sorry, but i can't play this server, Everyone i've seen is in mir kit, and theres even mir kit in tm -.-. So i don't think i could catch up and where do they get this "Kit" as im sure, Evil mir isnt this kind -.-.

Trinity2.3

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 15, 2010
Im sorry, but i can't play this server, Everyone i've seen is in mir kit, and theres even mir kit in tm -.-. So i don't think i could catch up and where do they get this "Kit" as im sure, Evil mir isnt this kind -.-.

Drops were bugged, server is in beta, there will be a wipe.

Trinity2.3

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 15, 2010
Im sure it took a fair few to create mir in the first place. Cant really use that comparrison, you have the game engine, all you're doing is tweaking strengths/drops lol.

Over 100 mobs drops files to do
Around 600 items to sort out through the 100+ mob drop files
Monster stats to sort out
Double mobs for BDD etc with different drop files
Player stats to sort out
Item stats to sort out
Mob exp balanced with exp tables
Item images to sort out
Item graphics to sort out for weapons and armours
Npc scripts to edit
Magic power to edit
Magic exp rates to edit
Mob sound files to sort out

I know most of this is already done on trinity, but when you say:

"all you're doing is tweaking strengths/drops lol"

It doesnt really make me think you have any idea how much work is required in making a playable server, this is why we tell people who clearly struggle to mearly set up there server that it might not be a good idea to bother.

All server runners seem to get is abuse when things arnt exacally as they should be, i get abuse for the mirkits in low mob drops, when if you think about the possiblity for things to go wrong its huge, **** happens, if you wanna wait for another server to come along, go ahead, but new servers will always have problems, and i think ive put in more effort than a lot of server owners have lately.

Thank you and chow!

Anonlol

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 25, 2010
By all means gl getting it back up. I was enjoying playing it - the issue I had was after 3 weeks of downtime and testing, none of the caves bar WT were huntable, you had to chaange BC like 4-5 times? Partly down to gear not dropping, which was my bad, I levelled too fast and got stuck in areas that were too easy before you fixed, but getting 2 hit in BC on a wiz? Even after that when all the caves up to IC were sorted - I could finally move up to IC - and no drops in, lol.

Mir items you couldnt be blamed for, you had a child on your staff, personally after the shell nippers i wouldve checked all low level drops. But the ES x 50 on ST b7 was your fault :p

Btw I think you said somewhere that you were going to lower exp again, Imo its low enough, its just you needed some help to add and correct features for higher levels. Not slow levelling down so you got time to implement them. No-ones going to level for the third time especially wehn exp is even lower than before.

Last edited:

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008
Over 100 mobs drops files to do
Around 600 items to sort out through the 100+ mob drop files
Monster stats to sort out
Double mobs for BDD etc with different drop files
Player stats to sort out
Item stats to sort out
Mob exp balanced with exp tables
Item images to sort out
Item graphics to sort out for weapons and armours
Npc scripts to edit
Magic power to edit
Magic exp rates to edit
Mob sound files to sort out

There is all ways an exploit in NPC's So you have to go throw every script you make to make sure people dont exploit And makin npc's aint all ways that easy. I go throw some scripts and you can easly exploit them but i try make them non exploitable. But people can all ways find an exploit in many places.

Good luck on server.

PS: Give the gm a break. Not every server is stabled. If he had a little back up and a little more work in it thn im sure users will come back.

DaBop

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 14, 2003
York,England
Hopefully this time around u will check simple things. As for ashley "Give GM a break" - Server went down first time around and we all awaited return which had many delays...where many was kind enough to ''GIVE GM A BREAK"...and guess what...a most simplistic thing made it a complete FAIL. So yeah, i wont give him a break kthnx <3