Vista

smoochy boys on tour

HeadHunter

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 18, 2007
Stoke, UK
Currently i am using Vista Home Baci (****) all it want it to do at the moment is run the legend of mir 2 and 1.9 etc.

I know that one of the home packs allows mir2 to be run but was wondering which one it is as i may upgrade to it. Please if anybody could tell me if it's Ultimate or Premium i would be grateful to them. And also what else it lets you run etc.

Thanks

/Head

jasper

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 10, 2005
i use ultimate, runs mir2.3 fine, so dont see why it wouldnt run 1.9, and you can run td's server files on it, athough i had to use sql2005, couldnt get it working with sql2000 (maybe if i had had service packs i might)

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
why does it matter why dont all vista packages run it? im on home premium i think

HeadHunter

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 18, 2007
Stoke, UK
Home basic doesn't seem it run it, it runs and then it appears as a grey box covering about half the screen and then stays like that :S

/Head

So premium should be fine then?

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
Ah wasnt sure about 1.9 the problems it has i think is with the admin rights and home etc have them disabled completely.

Setro

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 27, 2005
Home basic doesn't seem it run it, it runs and then it appears as a grey box covering about half the screen and then stays like that :S

/Head

So premium should be fine then?
yeah it does run it ok, and i get the problem of half grey screen on my newer pc which is xp pro

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
well my bros just got vista put on his pc, and then for xmas he got a 32 inch lcd tv that hes using as a monitor, but i read this thread be4 trying to run mir on vista but yeh it worked more or less straight away, but im playing 1.4 old skool atm. had to run patch b4 i tryed to run mir though bit weird but it worked and its awesome. ill edit this post with what version of vista hes actually got.