Status
Not open for further replies.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
I'm not trying to help neither am I trying to make the situation worse. I just stated my opinion and that's how I personally feel, not much I can change about that, they haven't done any favours for themselves have they?

As you've previously posted, you know where I'm coming from regards of my feelings towards LOMCN and I can infact gaurantee that LOMCN will not move forward, it's far too late now.

It may be his hobbie, but to spend money on getting it up to run smoothly and then find out barely anyone is going to play nevermind donating, choosing his server over others, is a complete waste of money.

I would personally never spend real life cash to host a game or get one up, **** that. I got alot more things in mind I would like to do with that cash, which would roughly be around £60-£70 for a cheap dedi.

Yes, I know it may not be much, but he could do alot more in real life with £60-£70 rather than hosting a game.

So my advice to him is simple, don't bother hosting, theres no logic to it, spending cash willy nilly on a dieing game which will probably lead to you not making the cash back nor the time and effort it took to create, design and put online the server.

That being said, Tai. Hopefully now you'll see there is no point, he is wasting his time and money which in turn will lead to him not making any profit what so ever to even help him get his time back or his money.

/TheDon

As I've already said, but you're too ignorant to take on board; it's his decision what he does with his money. What is a waste to you is not a waste to somebody else. I can almost garuntee you that something you believe to be a "better spend", I would think it's a waste of money... Getting it?

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
As I've already said, but you're too ignorant to take on board; it's his decision what he does with his money. What is a waste to you is not a waste to somebody else. I can almost garuntee you that something you believe to be a "better spend", I would think it's a waste of money... Getting it?

He's already said TWICE he doesen't have a lot of money and at this present time he thinks £60 is a lot, that says a lot really doesen't it?

Why waste it on a game if it's a lot to him or he doesen't have enough cash, never mind the fact that he won't make it back.

I did not once ignore you, i'm replying to all of your posts, so you saying i'm ignorant is basically out, kthxbi.

Also, I don't go spending money on silly stuff mate, so no, my friend, you would not think what I would spend money on would be a waste.

Ever heard the saying, "A fool and his money are easyily parted" or "You should be like a yorkshire man and have deep pockets"?

/TheDon

ThreeHeroes

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 6, 2009
Rite have decided to put the server on hold, i was going to put it up and see how it goes. But feel it isnt the rite way to go about it. I am going to have some words with my lovely mum n dad, see if they can sort me out a few quid.

Once again, if any1 has a static ip and is willing to host for 2-3 weeks plz let me know!

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
He's already said TWICE he doesen't have a lot of money and at this present time he thinks £60 is a lot, that says a lot really doesen't it?

Why waste it on a game if it's a lot to him or he doesen't have enough cash, never mind the fact that he won't make it back.

I did not once ignore you, i'm replying to all of your posts, so you saying i'm ignorant is basically out, kthxbi.

Also, I don't go spending money on silly stuff mate, so no, my friend, you would not think what I would spend money on would be a waste.

Ever heard the saying, "A fool and his money are easyily parted" or "You should be like a yorkshire man and have deep pockets"?

/TheDon

Dear oh dear. You don't have to ignore people to be ignorant. Get a dictionary.

And again not learning are you? What one person sees as 'silly', another person does not. EVERYBODY'S DIFFERENT.

You don't need a static IP as there are ways around it. Google what Hazuki told you.

Indeed just get a DynDNS set up.

ThreeHeroes

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 6, 2009
Am going to look into this DynDNS set up, if any1 would be so kind to give me a hand, let me know! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.