Zircon Server Development

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightstorm

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 9, 2005
The glows look nice. Will make those rare drops feel that little bit more special tbh :)

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Logged on first time earlier, pub/hotel wifi wasnt doing it justice i dont think.

Think it will take some getting used to, having never played Mir3. First thing i found upsetting was C and I not opening the respective windows. And Esc not closing every window on the screen at once. Im sure its pretty amazing but having not played Mir3 iv nothing to compare it to.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Logged on first time earlier, pub/hotel wifi wasnt doing it justice i dont think.

Think it will take some getting used to, having never played Mir3. First thing i found upsetting was C and I not opening the respective windows. And Esc not closing every window on the screen at once. Im sure its pretty amazing but having not played Mir3 iv nothing to compare it to.

I will be adding Mir 2 and Mir 3 Keybind layouts later as well as fully rebinding every key, (will be done later)..

For the Escape Key not closing all the windows, there is an option for that.

RXeWqsi.png

Last edited:

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Is there a recent to do list anywhere?

Curious to see what's left to do. With exception of the polishing i imagine is to come at the end.

MirinBrah?

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2014
still loads to do , quests , famepoints loads of maps/caves skills , skill bar being able to attack other players , SW/MW's , guilds , gameshop , the observe feature

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
What's the observe about? GM option?

---------- Post Merged at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:42 AM ----------

still loads to do , quests , famepoints loads of maps/caves skills , skill bar being able to attack other players , SW/MW's , guilds , gameshop , the observe feature

Doubt jamie will be adding quests. Thought he hated questing (rightfully)

MirinBrah?

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2014
From what jamie has said you will be able to observe people if they have it turned on bonus for having it on % of extra exp i think it is 5%? can only turn it on/off from safezone you can only observe people while you are standing in SZ , you will see what they see except chat bar , i think he is having a 5 min delay

think of it as watching someone stream on twitch but all from ingame

I could be wrong but that is my understanding off it

Lionsm!ght

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2015
What's the observe about? GM option?

---------- Post Merged at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:42 AM ----------

Doubt jamie will be adding quests. Thought he hated questing (rightfully)

Quest will be in Jamie has confirmed already. Mir3 had titles etc which used to be traded for famepoint from quests. Daily quest were also good time sinks.

Observe mode will be implemented late in but he is planning that if you are allowing observe mode (toggled on/off in sz only) then you will get a 5% exp boost. People in safezone will be able to watch from your perspective see where you are hunting etc with a possible time delay. Jamie/shane will always have it on so people can see nothing dodgy is happening.

Think of it as spectate mode in league of legends

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
What happens when someone spectates Jamie/Shane, who is in turn spectating a guild tackling a boss with a difficult AI?

They get to learn without trying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
What happens when someone spectates Jamie/Shane, who is in turn spectating a guild tackling a boss with a difficult AI?

They get to learn without trying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you mean?

If someone spectates me, they will be spectating me. regardless if I am spectating someone else. the'll just be seeing my character idle.

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Ah okay yeh. I meant you spectating someone the old way with @regoto XPlayer on invisible mode, and other players using new feature

In a nutshell to resolve, you as GM would need to be able to spectate people regardless of if their 'stream' is toggled on or off, so that you dont have to go to them on your character.

Last edited:

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Observe Function now added.

Here's me watching Xzoviac, This is the I get view:

I have full control of the interface that I see

954i84o.png

Status
Not open for further replies.