[Approved] Zentaur [GSP] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
i've been saying this for awhile now about Arcadia is there a way to get an accurate reading ? 1 i.p adress = 1 online, could help a bit but theres other ways.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Arcadia is slightly different, as we can log in and see the stalls. (Last i checked years ago :) )
Still a shitty move to artificially up the usercount, but still, its obvious whats going on there.

In this case despite checking at numerous times.
- Weekday afternoons ~ 3/4pm
- Weekday Evenings ~ 8/10pm
- Early mornings 2-5am
- Weekends!

It has been 30-32 on every occasion, and no-one is able to even find another player. Not even an afk char in town.
(I saw one guy, once)

I'm sorry but it's clearly not right. Unless everyone is hiding in some secret map i don't know about.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
I'm sorry but it's clearly not right. Unless everyone is hiding in some secret map i don't know about.

I'm sure there's rules against this, it's basically false advertising.

I too have logged on and checked for myself, It appears the 30 number is just added onto whatever the true usercount is, as mentioned above.

@Tai shed some light on this matter?

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
I'm sure there's rules against this, it's basically false advertising.

I too have logged on and checked for myself, It appears the 30 number is just added onto whatever the true usercount is, as mentioned above.

@Tai shed some light on this matter?

Funny how worried you are about the usercount, i could say you are more worried about a Zentaur problem rather than a community you "manage" problem.

I started to ignore the trolls that usually come here and type crap every time, i guess everytime they got stuck on a matter, they get triggered and say "GOD DAMN ZENTAUR GOT 30++ ONLINE, IM SUCH INCAPABLE PERSON!"

Well i ignored the most, but i guess i cant ignore you, maybe its because of the scent of poop you always "perfume" our noses on every thread you cherry us.

Carry ON.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Funny how worried you are about the usercount, i could say you are more worried about a Zentaur problem rather than a community you "manage" problem.

I'm concerned you're lying to the general public about your usercount because it looks badly on everyone else if you're seen doing so. The last page of this thread alone already shows the distaste for Arcadia's "stall" system, as that's about as dodgy of a way you can get around faking the usercount as you can get.

You've already lost your VIP status. Try not to lose your dignity with it.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
I'm concerned you're lying to the general public about your usercount because it looks badly on everyone else if you're seen doing so. The last page of this thread alone already shows the distaste for Arcadia's "stall" system, as that's about as dodgy of a way you can get around faking the usercount as you can get.

You've already lost your VIP status. Try not to lose your dignity with it.

Funny how a guy that censors feedback of players, talking to me about dignity. Oh sorry i dont want to bother you, may god protect me, i dont wish to anger you and to reply me with a popcorn meme. *mega-facepalm.*

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
I don't care for your squabbling but are you going to rectify your inaccurate usercount or should I just remove it from the list?

Reactions: Koriban

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
i dont wish to anger you and to reply me with a popcorn meme. *mega-facepalm.*

I don't care for your squabbling but are you going to rectify your inaccurate usercount or should I just remove it from the list?

6ad7dd2211579f026ebd1f85bc4d2236--jackson-thriller-winter-meme.jpg

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005

Do what you want. It starts to disgust me , Zircon got (on many cases) 140 online in game and on lomcn ranking it has 166.

Lets ruin the competition, or atleast what left from it ;)

I been innactive on server(gsp) , i didnt touched nothing, its real usercount.

Lets not forget when you "had" problems on lomcn ranking by not reading my login server ip, for 2-3days since launch.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Ok well there is no place for such incorrect usercounts on the list, it's simply not fair on the community and really undermines the whole feature, which I worked pretty hard on.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Ok well there is no place for such incorrect usercounts on the list, it's simply not fair on the community and really undermines the whole feature, which I worked pretty hard on.

I will turn off the usercount so all trolls will be happy.

Also, this means i will stay and sniff, detect the usercount on other servers such as Zircon and so on. If users online does show any slight of fake usercount how you guys blamed me without proofs, i expect Zircon to be punished too.

Also thank you Tai! Your "neutral" is "always" on point.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014

Pretty much this.
Your 'converations' with Koriban/Jamie are funny, it's all good.
But i do really ****ing hate cheats.

Your usercount is 100% +30, i don't care what you say on here.
When i mentioned it before, i made a point of checking all week, no matter what time it was noon, 6pm... 2am... it was always 30-32. with no sign of another player, ever.

Show the connection info for these 30 people that haven't logged off in weeks, and I'll apologize... and praise their dedication.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Pretty much this.
Your 'converations' with Koriban/Jamie are funny, it's all good.
But i do really ****ing hate cheats.

Your usercount is 100% +30, i don't care what you say on here.
When i mentioned it before, i made a point of checking all week, no matter what time it was noon, 6pm... 2am... it was always 30-32. with no sign of another player, ever.

Show the connection info for these 30 people that haven't logged off in weeks, and I'll apologize... and praise their dedication.

You should focus on your farm buddy system wannabe. You jumped on most of mir servers owner's throat. Whar do you try to achieve? Notoriety ? I guess not.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Also, this means i will stay and sniff, detect the usercount on other servers such as Zircon and so on. If users online does show any slight of fake usercount how you guys blamed me without proofs, i expect Zircon to be punished too.

Also thank you Tai! Your "neutral" is "always" on point.

Thank you, I would really appreciate your service. :rapture:

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
You could rectify all of this, and recieve a sincere apology, all you need to do is show the info.

Replying with pointless (laughable) insults is just strengthening the fact you can't.
If i think you are cheating the players, I'm going to say it... thats not jumping on your throat.

- My farm is coming along fine btw :)

Reactions: XloverBoy7X

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
You could rectify all of this, and recieve a sincere apology, all you need to do is show the info.

Replying with pointless (laughable) insults is just strengthening the fact you can't.
If i think you are cheating the players, I'm going to say it... thats not jumping on your throat.

- My farm is coming along fine btw :)

Apology for what? For getting sabotaged by a whole bunch/horde of trolls?
Yea, i apology for being considerated a threat for the carrot farm.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Do what you want. It starts to disgust me , Zircon got (on many cases) 140 online in game and on lomcn ranking it has 166.

Lets ruin the competition, or atleast what left from it ;)

I been innactive on server(gsp) , i didnt touched nothing, its real usercount.

Lets not forget when you "had" problems on lomcn ranking by not reading my login server ip, for 2-3days since launch.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

This is the source for my user count, I can't even "turn if off" or even disabling it without blocking the port via firewall.

Starting the Server
Code:
        private static void StartNetwork(bool log = true)
        {
            try
            {
                NewConnections = new ConcurrentQueue<SConnection>();

_listener = new TcpListener(IPAddress.Parse(Config.IPAddress), Config.Port);
                _listener.Start();
                _listener.BeginAcceptTcpClient(Connection, null);

_userCountListener = new TcpListener(IPAddress.Parse(Config.IPAddress), Config.UserCountPort);
                _userCountListener.Start();
                _userCountListener.BeginAcceptTcpClient(CountConnection, null);

NetworkStarted = true;
                if (log) Log("Network Started.");
            }
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
                Started = false;
                Log(ex.ToString());
            }
        }

Game Connection
Code:
        private static void Connection(IAsyncResult result)
        {
            try
            {
                if (_listener == null || !_listener.Server.IsBound) return;

TcpClient client = _listener.EndAcceptTcpClient(result);

SConnection Connection = new SConnection(client);

if (Connection.Connected)
                    NewConnections?.Enqueue(Connection);
            }
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
                Log(ex.ToString());
            }
            finally
            {
                while (NewConnections?.Count >= 15)
                    Thread.Sleep(1);

if (_listener != null && _listener.Server.IsBound)
                    _listener.BeginAcceptTcpClient(Connection, null);
            }
        }

Count Checker Connection
Code:
        private static void CountConnection(IAsyncResult result)
        {
            try
            {
                if (_userCountListener == null || !_userCountListener.Server.IsBound) return;

TcpClient client = _userCountListener.EndAcceptTcpClient(result);

byte[] data = Encoding.ASCII.GetBytes(string.Format("c;/Zircon/{0}/;", Connections.Count));

client.Client.BeginSend(data, 0, data.Length, SocketFlags.None, CountConnectionEnd, client);
            }
            catch {}
            finally
            {
                if (_userCountListener != null && _userCountListener.Server.IsBound)
                    _userCountListener.BeginAcceptTcpClient(CountConnection, null);
            }
        }

Count Checker Sending Data
Code:
        private static void CountConnectionEnd(IAsyncResult result)
        {
            try
            {
                TcpClient client = result.AsyncState as TcpClient;

if (client == null) return;

client.Client.EndSend(result);

client.Client.Dispose();
            }
            catch {}
        }

Code:
        public static void EnvirLoop()
        {
            Now = Time.Now;
            DateTime DBTime = Now + Config.DBSaveDelay;

StartEnvir();
            StartNetwork();
            StartWebServer();

Started = NetworkStarted && WebServerStarted;

int count = 0, loopCount = 0;
            DateTime nextCount = Now.AddSeconds(1), UserCountTime = Now.AddMinutes(5), saveTime;
            long previousTotalSent = 0, previousTotalReceived = 0;
            int lastindex = 0;
            long conDelay = 0;
            Thread logThread = new Thread(WriteLogsLoop) { IsBackground = true };
            logThread.Start();

LastWarTime = Now;

while (Started)
            {
                Now = Time.Now;
                loopCount++;

try
                {
                    SConnection connection;
                    while (!NewConnections.IsEmpty)
                    {
                        if (!NewConnections.TryDequeue(out connection)) break;
                        Connections.Add(connection);
                    }

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Now you are just arguing for the sole purpose of deflecting from the point.
Show that the 30 users that havent logged off in 2 weeks+ and are invisible to starting players, are infact real. Or stop playing the victim.

This has nothing at all to do with Zircon, i think my views on him/it are obvious. If i actually cared to log on it and found the same, I'd pose the question to him too.

It's the simple fact that new players are going to choose a 32 usercount (like i did) - where its in reality only 2; over the other servers that actually have 10/15/20 real players.

I'm not going to reply again, your obviously just trying to deflect.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Want to borrow my most hated medal Zed ? xD Never seen somebody try change the subject so many times in 2 pages.