Longevity of Mir 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scampi

Banned
Banned
Mar 23, 2009
I mean you can dress it up as you like, still looks really dodgy. Even more so sitting on here saying its a wind up . Just stinks of weirdness and would put me off trying your server

Clearly players couldn't kill thousands of WT's, so the GM would have to kill them.
Why would you go about it this way? If you wanted players to get the drops of thousands of WTs, why not just make them the items?
Or edit the WT drops so its loaded to drop what you want it to in 1 kill?

Think about it. What benefit could there be in that method? lol

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Ultimately, if a GM has created the server; they have every right to play it.
We get accused of corruption regardless of whether we have a character or not on the live servers.

They do have inherent advantages (drop locations, drop rates, upcoming changes etc), but they also usually have much less time to actually play (due to having to develop a server in tandem).

I've only ever played on my test realm; for all the testing aspects rather than in live, as I get the same feel without having any in-game influence.

eternalpain

Banned
Banned
Apr 5, 2014
Clearly players couldn't kill thousands of WT's, so the GM would have to kill them.
Why would you go about it this way? If you wanted players to get the drops of thousands of WTs, why not just make them the items?
Or edit the WT drops so its loaded to drop what you want it to in 1 kill?

Think about it. What benefit could there be in that method? lol

What benefit has there been in this 'Wind up'
All its done is muddy the waters and if im put off, im sure other people are too. Poor form

Scampi

Banned
Banned
Mar 23, 2009
Ultimately, if a GM has created the server; they have every right to play it.
We get accused of corruption regardless of whether we have a character or not on the live servers.

They do have inherent advantages (drop locations, drop rates, upcoming changes etc), but they also usually have much less time to actually play (due to having to develop a server in tandem).

I've only ever played on my test realm; for all the testing aspects rather than in live, as I get the same feel without having any in-game influence.
You can't replicate live pvp on a test server or against players that don't have their kit on the line.

Simply not possible, you have to pvp live to replicate the experience.
What benefit has there been in this 'Wind up'
All its done is muddy the waters and if im put off, im sure other people are too. Poor form

Not what I was asking.
Answering a question with a question doesn't make politicians look good and nor does it you.

Reactions: James

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
You can't replicate live pvp on a test server or against players that don't have their kit on the line.

Which you can do via a observer character, record and re-watch as well, if/when needed.

It's what I used to do all the time, you can see who's just playing the class wrong, what's over-tuned and what is running rampant in PvP

and if people have their kit on the line, all they do is RT and TT a lot more, so it doesn't really gauge anything for PvP other than they play cowardly.

eternalpain

Banned
Banned
Apr 5, 2014
Not what I was asking.
Answering a question with a question doesn't make politicians look good and nor does it you.

I'm not the one spawning 1000's of WT's on my live server just to try and 'troll' its playerbase. =/

Grumpycookie

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2004

Not what I was asking.
your such a fking lier. u love grief play u love to argue u love to abuse and insult people your the most corrupt **** on elite. u be the reason elite fails. u and james suger coat **** and think and honestly believe its a 3 course meal when u got real players like me that actually see thru your bullshiit and see u for who u truly are a corrupt game master that spawned 10000s of wooma taurus on a LIVE server whilst being in a party with actual players. insult me more mate it only makes u and ur server look bad :love:

• Haha
Reactions: James

syke

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 24, 2011
I can’t wait to play your next server but you agree with this but please note point.

GM should not be pking players.

You recalled a group and killed them because your family was playing and being pk’d. Part of the game lol

This was to sanj btw. Quote went funny

• Wow
Reactions: Grumpycookie

Scampi

Banned
Banned
Mar 23, 2009
Which you can do via a observer character, record and re-watch as well, if/when needed.

It's what I used to do all the time, you can see who's just playing the class wrong, what's over-tuned and what is running rampant in PvP

and if people have their kit on the line, all they do is RT and TT a lot more, so it doesn't really gauge anything for PvP other than they play cowardly.

You really can't from observer. The feeling of pvp and the ability levels of players vary massively.
Like the common complaint of "Wizards shield is OP". Unless you are taking the damage, managing your hp / suns, taking the ticks and reacting as a player you can not properly 'get' how pvp feels to each class.

Observer you can see some things for sure, but a lot of that you can do with 2 characters in test - but only to make sure your damage calculations are reacting as intended as mostly it can be done on a calculator.

People with their kits on the line play differently. Make more mistakes, panic, fat finger keys, all sorts.

syke

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 24, 2011
your such a fking lier. u love grief play u love to argue u love to abuse and insult people your the most corrupt **** on elite. u be the reason elite fails. u and james suger coat **** and think and honestly believe its a 3 course meal when u got real players like me that actually see thru your bullshiit and see u for who u truly are a corrupt game master that spawned 10000s of wooma taurus on a LIVE server whilst being in a party with actual players. insult me more mate it only makes u and ur server look bad :love:

Grumpy the man who talks sense.

Complained tao poison was crap when everyone else found it fine.

Said you couldn’t poison a seal which you always have been able to.

Trades gold to 10 people to enter lottery because it’s 10x the chance by swapping the gold around.

Grumpy for GM.

• Haha
Reactions: Lose and Scampi

eternalpain

Banned
Banned
Apr 5, 2014
I don't think you even levelled your characters yourself? Were they not just @level'ed to a certain level? All in the name of 'testing pvp' laughable haha

Grumpycookie

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2004
:oops:I can’t wait to play your next server but you agree with this but please note point.

GM should not be pking players.

You recalled a group and killed them because your family was playing and being pk’d. Part of the game lol
who did that?
Grumpy the man who talks sense.

Complained tao poison was crap when everyone else found it fine.

Said you couldn’t poison a seal which you always have been able to.

Trades gold to 10 people to enter lottery because it’s 10x the chance by swapping the gold around.

Grumpy for GM.
Ok skeem. go back to getting free loot from Mamp :ROFLMAO: hows that teleport ring? must be nice getting items from GMS :D

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
You really can't from observer. The feeling of pvp and the ability levels of players vary massively.
Like the common complaint of "Wizards shield is OP". Unless you are taking the damage, managing your hp / suns, taking the ticks and reacting as a player you can not properly 'get' how pvp feels to each class.

Observer you can see some things for sure, but a lot of that you can do with 2 characters in test - but only to make sure your damage calculations are reacting as intended as mostly it can be done on a calculator.

People with their kits on the line play differently. Make more mistakes, panic, fat finger keys, all sorts.
I get what you're saying. However if they make more mistakes and fat fingers, why would you balance around that?
if people **** up, are generally bad at the game, you don't balance around that; they just need to get better at the game.

Also what if you (the GM) are sub-par at PvP compared to the standard, do you then balance around your poor PvP with a class, rather than how the class is intended to be played?

There are different methods of balancing around PvP, being in the fray can help, but you can collect ample data, information and general feel for the balance without needing to get directly into the fray.

Not arguing with your method by the way, just assume we have different ways to approach the same conclusion :)

Scampi

Banned
Banned
Mar 23, 2009
I'm not the one spawning 1000's of WT's on my live server just to try and 'troll' its playerbase. =/

That's not why I spawned the WTs though. I was testing live item and drop changes.

I asked you why would spawninig 1000s of WTs be a good way to .. I don't even know what's being suggested?
Give drops to friends? Why that method? Think about it.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
That's not why I spawned the WTs though. I was testing live item and drop changes.

I asked you why would spawninig 1000s of WTs be a good way to .. I don't even know what's being suggested?

I agree with Mampi here, ultimately it'd been easier for him to spawn a hen, reload drops to a 1/1 and kill the hen.

I think the 1000's of WTs being spawned was maybe ill-advised on live, but harmless to the server (going off assumptions)

Grumpycookie

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2004

******* TEST SERVER not LIVE! in a GROUP with players!! my god u say i have learning difficulties :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Scampi

Banned
Banned
Mar 23, 2009
I don't think you even levelled your characters yourself? Were they not just @level'ed to a certain level? All in the name of 'testing pvp' laughable haha

Oh so you do play, or?

Nah I levelled my characters myself and they are miles behind the curve unfortunately in terms of levels and kit.

Grumpycookie

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2004
I agree with Mampi here, ultimately it'd been easier for him to spawn a hen, reload drops to a 1/1 and kill the hen.

I think the 1000's of WTs being spawned was maybe ill-advised on live, but harmless to the server (going off assumptions)
yae ultimately but that would give it away that hes feeding someone items if hes spawning 1000 of WTS he can suger coat **** like he is now and saying hes testing drop etc etc etc, but it doesnt explain WHY he needed to be in a group for it? with real players?

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Oh so you do play, or?

Nah I levelled my characters myself and they are miles behind the curve unfortunately in terms of levels and kit.
Get good.
Season 4 Reaction GIF by The Office

eternalpain

Banned
Banned
Apr 5, 2014

Dress it up how you like, its still weird and has probably damaged your server in the long run .
Have you levelled your own chars, or did you @level them ? If its the latter of the two then that's another dodgy AF decision , If i died to one of your @levelled chars and dropped an item i would be seriously annoyed lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.