Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
LOMCN doesn't "own" anything, Far created crystal for the public and to keep Mir thriving as before Crystal we had mostly closed source files with no proper way to update them or edit code.

I have no affiliation with the LOMCN staff team, or the public test server other than the fact that I'm hosting it for Jev since he doesn't have any other means to host it.
i dont want to sound like a dick but.....

Jamie/Hello created Crystal (called C# at the time) he released them publicly, they were not in a great place.

Far and quite a few others over the years but mainly Far have continued to work on these files for over what is it? 5-8 years? i dunno its been a long time

no one owns them, they are public, people are free to use them edit them and change them like many of us have done in the past.

the files hosted on LOMCN are considered the Default Crystal Files (called Crystal because all sources are named after gems for some reason i dont know, Ruby, Emerald, Crystal, Sapphire..)

Mir will last for as long as our generation is alive.. this forum will die out in about 40 years (if im lucky, 10 if im not)

Scampi

Banned
Banned
Mar 23, 2009
Get help Grumpy.

Can't even read the replies now. Get more sense from a bowl of alpha-spaghetti.

Our server can comfortably handle spawning 10's of thousands of mobs with 0 impact on the server outside the GM map. Tested thoroughly was ridiculous numbers. Sometimes you might crash on the GM map but the rest of the server doesn't even spike.

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
i dont want to sound like a dick but.....

Jamie/Hello created Crystal (called C# at the time) he released them publicly, they were not in a great place.

Far and quite a few others over the years but mainly Far have continued to work on these files for over what is it? 5-8 years? i dunno its been a long time

no one owns them, they are public, people are free to use them edit them and change them like many of us have done in the past.

the files hosted on LOMCN are considered the Default Crystal Files (called Crystal because all sources are named after gems for some reason i dont know, Ruby, Emerald, Crystal, Sapphire..)

Mir will last for as long as our generation is alive.. this forum will die out in about 40 years (if im lucky, 10 if im not)
Yea I understand that Jamie created them originally but the files might as well have been completely rewritten by Far/LCD/others since Jamie last touched them. Plus its easier to say Far created crystal than it is to explain the history behind the files.

Reactions: Sanjian

Grumpycookie

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2004
Pretty sure mamp replied to you but you just keep repeating yourself?? Go and read it yourself.
honestly? u seen mamps replies? he doesnt reply he insults you. dont listen to a ******* word u or mamp says. your CORRUPT has ****. I said my peace i posted my proof people can make up there own minds.

but i will say this before i go

GAME MASTERS SHOULD NOT BE IN A GUILD WITH PLAYERS

GAME MASTERS SHOULD NOT BE PKING PLAYERS

GAME MASTERS SHOULD NOT BE SUMMONING 1000S OF BOSSESS WHILST IN GROUPS WITH PLAYERS

GAME MASTERS SHOULD NOT BE USING GAME CONSOLES TO GIVE PLAYERS INFORMATION THAT WOULDNT BEABLE TO GET OTHERWISE

i could carry on but i wont cause im sure ur not that ******* stupid.

if u let ur game masters do such things EXPECT to be speculated and accused of CORRUPTION that is not the players(my fault) that is YOURS for allowing such **** happening. sort ya ******* head out and sort out ya game masters CORRUPT HAS ****!

James

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 31, 2010
i would say you have voiced your disagreements with this situation and i can actually agree with you in some parts.

no player should have access to instant GM (the old method of turning your char into a GM by typing @Login and providing the password) characters.

GM accounts should be kept seperate from playing accounts, but this is only my opinion...

in truth spawning 1000's of WT wont affect economy and yes one migh have dropped a teleport ring which was spawned by a GM or it was killed legitimatly... you just dont have those facts, okay it doesnt look good but its not proof.
This is exactly the case, we don't play on "admin" accounts, we all have standard accounts and GM separate accounts for doing admin work.

Yes there has been a couple of wind ups been done but only because everyone and there neighbours dog knows PostmanPat is mamp and slates him for it.

Corruption is in the mind of someone with a personal problem.

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
honestly? u seen mamps replies? he doesnt reply he insults you. dont listen to a ******* word u or mamp says. your CORRUPT has ****. I said my peace i posted my proof people can make up there own minds.

but i will say this before i go

GAME MASTERS SHOULD NOT BE IN A GUILD WITH PLAYERS

GAME MASTERS SHOULD NOT BE PKING PLAYERS

GAME MASTERS SHOULD NOT BE SUMMONING 1000S OF BOSSESS WHILST IN GROUPS WITH PLAYERS

GAME MASTERS SHOULD NOT BE USING GAME CONSOLES TO GIVE PLAYERS INFORMATION THAT WOULDNT BEABLE TO GET OTHERWISE

i could carry on but i wont cause im sure ur not that ******* stupid.

if u let ur game masters do such things EXPECT to be speculated and accused of CORRUPTION that is not the players(my fault) that is YOURS for allowing such **** happening. sort ya ******* head out and sort out ya game masters CORRUPT HAS ****!
And who are you to say what gamemasters can/can't do on THEIR OWN SERVER.

Yes it ruins gameplay for others but there are other servers out there? They made the server, they pay for the server, end of the day its their server and they only harm themselves by doing "corrupt" ****.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
i actually agree with this...

1673188190794.png

sure its not just us 2?

This is exactly the case, we don't play on "admin" accounts, we all have standard accounts and GM separate accounts for doing admin work.

Yes there has been a couple of wind ups been done but only because everyone and there neighbours dog knows PostmanPat is mamp and slates him for it.

Corruption is in the mind of someone with a personal problem.
this makes perfect sense, and i agree with this, players find out who you are eventually and you do end up getting alot of **** for it, but if GM and player accounts are seperate i see no issue?

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
i actually agree with this...

View attachment 30078

sure its not just us 2?
I agree to a degree too, I've got test servers for that **** but taking part in PK/being in a guild with players thats all a part of playing for me. part of my nostalgia and part of why im making Nexus is to get that feeling of being in a large guild taking on the strongest of bosses again.

but on the other side of the coin, I'm not corrupt to the point where I'm going to be @leveling myself to the top 10 players on the server, im not @making my own kit as whats the point in making a server for myself just to ruin the years of development and spawn in an item that would normally take weeks worth of boss camping to get legit

end of the day, GM's can do on THEIR servers what they see fit, when they see fit. All they'll end up achieving is ruining their servers reputation and playerbase. that doesnt mean that they "cant" do that stuff

Reactions: Sanjian and James

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
after seeing james reply and the fact win has stated the @login has already been removed (great decision) then if a GM is playing a non GM char PostmanPat and is involved in PK, guild hunts and whotnot then yeah why the hell shouldnt he, i would aswell...

its a good job i dont gamble.. im always backing the wrong fking horse!!!

Reactions: James

Grumpycookie

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2004
And who are you to say what gamemasters can/can't do on THEIR OWN SERVER.

Yes it ruins gameplay for others but there are other servers out there? They made the server, they pay for the server, end of the day its their server and they only harm themselves by doing "corrupt" ****.
Not telling anyone to do anything. im saying if u DO such things than expect to be called out for CORRUPTION? its not the players fault u made them feel and think that way if ur posting **** like being in a party with a player whilst ur summoning 1000s of woomas and picking up teleport rings. ur literally giving people fuel to make up such accusations dont do it and people cant and wont accuse u of doing it? simple no?.

SO basically Valhalla what ur saying is i hacked mamps PC make mamp post him summoning 1000s++ of wooma taurus and made him post screenshots of him being in a party with skeem and picking up a teleport ring?.. thats all the players fault and not the game master? lol :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: i never knew i had such power

James

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 31, 2010
after seeing james reply and the fact win has stated the @login has already been removed (great decision) then if a GM is playing a non GM char PostmanPat and is involved in PK, guild hunts and whotnot then yeah why the hell shouldnt he, i would aswell...

its a good job i dont gamble.. im always backing the wrong fking horse!!!
It helps when you have a complete picture and not one half 😁

James

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 31, 2010
Does seem a bit odd playing your own server spawning 1000's of WT's..... If i saw that I would 100% not play
You wouldn't see that if a GM was corrupt, they wouldn't be showing it as part of the wind up.

Scampi

Banned
Banned
Mar 23, 2009
Now I know @Grumpycookie does indeed have learning difficulties I'm struggling to engage on a detailed level.

Relatively entertaining regardless. Possibly the best thing about Euro was the in game & forum trash talking. A bit of community hate flowing is arguably the best glue any server can have holding it together.

Keep up the good work and thank you for the publicity.
You can find us here.

eternalpain

Banned
Banned
Apr 5, 2014
You wouldn't see that if a GM was corrupt, they wouldn't be showing it as part of the wind up.
I mean you can dress it up as you like, still looks really dodgy. Even more so sitting on here saying its a wind up . Just stinks of weirdness and would put me off trying your server

Status
Not open for further replies.