Are these specs gd ?

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
go ahead post screenies of CPU-z and the propertise and a txt document sayin THIS IS MY COMPUTER DUH ;)

and then ill laugh at how stupid u are to spend that much on a PC lol

gizzy0001

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 26, 2005
tbh i cant see why ur using a gaming pc for a game server they are two different enviroments altho its a nice pc dont see the need to advertise ur specs when they are to that standard and ask for ppls advice and then get moody at them whne they critize u for it nice specs tho

Playboy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 20, 2006
Grantham / Lincolnshire
go ahead post screenies of CPU-z and the propertise and a txt document sayin THIS IS MY COMPUTER DUH ;)

and then ill laugh at how stupid u are to spend that much on a PC lol

i got to w8 for it to be deliverd, but i do have the recipet :)

And ive spent the on the comp because of the specs are nice, and im sure me hosting on my laptop wudent go down well lol, besides its only cash nothing special.

Neptune

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 19, 2003
Chester :P
the specs arnt bad, but just tryna work out if the processer is the Quad core, as for that price i wud of though so. to me its slightly overpriced, but if money isnt a issue to u then i suppose its ok. do u know how many fans/what cooling system this is using as i got a feeling ur guna be having 1 very hot house

Playboy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 20, 2006
Grantham / Lincolnshire
the specs arnt bad, but just tryna work out if the processer is the Quad core, as for that price i wud of though so. to me its slightly overpriced, but if money isnt a issue to u then i suppose its ok. do u know how many fans/what cooling system this is using as i got a feeling ur guna be having 1 very hot house

Extreme Overclocked Speed
With your choice of Intel® 's fastest Extreme-core processors, including optional factory-overclocking*2*, the XPS 730 delivers reliable performance right out of the box. Add blinding speeds with up to 4GB*3* of Overclocked*2* DDR3 1333MHz memory for the ultimate in performance.

H2C Hybrid Liquid Cooling
The XPS 730 H2C comes with Dell’s patented two-stage cooling system that helps keep your overclocked*2* CPU and chipset cool and stable. The innovative H2C hybrid solution combines a liquid radiator, a thermoelectric cooling module and control circuitry, optimising CPU cooling with minimal power consumption.

There is my cooling system lol

Last edited:

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
wot a waste of money lol

that would be a utter sick gaming PC, but if ur hostin it to just host a server... sorry but thats a true waste of money, ppl that throw money around liek taht sicken me

Playboy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 20, 2006
Grantham / Lincolnshire
wot a waste of money lol

that would be a utter sick gaming PC, but if ur hostin it to just host a server... sorry but thats a true waste of money, ppl that throw money around liek taht sicken me

if it aint gd for hosting then il use it to play mir or some other games and download etc etc, but i wil find a dedi host if it dont go to well :)
any one know any top of the rage dedi host's ??

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
I bet bons going to prank call him now :P lol wonder why he left his mobile number on display ^ ^

But yes that price does make me lol :)

Only a fool would pay that much.

EDIT: GOOD SITE FOR TOP OF THE RANGE DEDI`S: WWW.RIPOFFDEDIFORIDIOT.COM/ only took 2 seconds on a google search ;)

/Zen2

Last edited:

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
130812121saasasasa.JPG

Neptune

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 19, 2003
Chester :P
the only problem with the cooling system is it will develop a few errors so i would just do a weekly check on the cooling system to make sure its all working properly. tbh its over priced by about £500-600. 900-1000 if u wanted to build it from scratch. over all its a good system but keep ur eye on the cooling system. tbh, it is slightly over powerd for a host comp, but at the same time its not. i wud use it for more than hosting tho, so for hosting it wud be a waste of money, but will last u a fair few years before anythin needs upgrading on it.

Hazuki

VIP
VIP
Apr 14, 2004
United Kingdom
the only problem with the cooling system is it will develop a few errors so i would just do a weekly check on the cooling system to make sure its all working properly. tbh its over priced by about £500-600. 900-1000 if u wanted to build it from scratch. over all its a good system but keep ur eye on the cooling system. tbh, it is slightly over powerd for a host comp, but at the same time its not. i wud use it for more than hosting tho, so for hosting it wud be a waste of money, but will last u a fair few years before anythin needs upgrading on it.

RAM?

4Gig is standard is Server 2k8 for me :).

/Haz

2dope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 15, 2005
I am not meaning to be disrespectful but do you know any thing about PC's?
Why on earth would a host machine need
DUAL SLI 1GB nVidia GeForce GTX 280 graphics card
Thats like giving some one with no legs some football boots and telling them to have a kick around.
/2dope

Reactions: elohelMeight

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
hes obviously not gonna use it for hostin tho lol if he does hes a moron and hes just wasted a hell of a lot of money

2dope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 15, 2005
hes obviously not gonna use it for hostin tho lol if he does hes a moron and hes just wasted a hell of a lot of money

Yea, it cant be used for hosting... Still the machine is ok, not great you could build a much better PC for cheaper as has been stated. But hey you got it now so hope you enjoy it mate. If you are using it for gaming, get Crysis warhead and post up the bench marks with that all on max.

Babyhack

Devilsoul Owner
VIP
Feb 4, 2004
Dublin, Ireland
You do know that an application on a 32-bit Windows system can only access 4GB of memory

You have 4GB on the mainboard and 1GB video card
1GB of this is wasted as it will never ever be used (vista 32-bit cant use it)

BH

forspinki

Legend
Legendary
Oct 23, 2006
Handan, China
cud build a pc same spec for 1.5k ll

and i thought 32bit only supported 3gb but they just said it was 4gb to make it sound better ? lol

Last edited: