4heros threads get deleted...

Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Celsius

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
do you think a beedroom computer cant have a dedi connection ? no we didnt had 150+ at the peak times but we saw srv with that user count not haveing "sales" working with no lag .
Yeah, unless BT or Virgin (or whoever lays the lines where you live) now do 100mb connections.

dilina

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 9, 2008
i didnt know you are one of the game masters , im not judging u or anything like that its just that i think servers that sell items for rlc are killing mir and makeing the reall players leave mir.everyone misses the old days of mir when they used to make full grps just to kill zt but in the same time the say they dont like the low rates , thats because they got used with buying their items and not working for them as they should.

kyeron

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 28, 2008
timisoara
Yeah, unless BT or Virgin (or whoever lays the lines where you live) now do 100mb connections.

check ur connection trafic maybe u will see that 150+ ppl use only 1-2 mb , so why u need 100 ? the lags come from ppls connection to the srv , same as it was with the officils , or do u think wemade had the srv on a beedroom computer

Celsius

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
i didnt know you are one of the game masters , im not judging u or anything like that its just that i think servers that sell items for rlc are killing mir and makeing the reall players leave mir.everyone misses the old days of mir when they used to make full grps just to kill zt but in the same time the say they dont like the low rates , thats because they got used with buying their items and not working for them as they should.

And thats what we tried to make FourHeros all about. We encourage grouping by adding the group levelling and bonus system, sharing of quests when grouped.

When the server first launched people had groups of 8 to kill a WT, and a lot of people do still group to kill bosses.

We take donations to cover the running costs, nothing more. If I was rich enough to run it off my own back I would, but im not.

Hone

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 10, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
lol Celsius why are you treating people like they're idiots? I can't quite work out if you're trying to fool the public or yourself.

This is 2009; most of us have been here 5+ years and know how much a server costs to run - user count is irrelevant.

Celsius

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
lol Celsius why are you treating people like they're idiots? I can't quite work out if you're trying to fool the public or yourself.

This is 2009; most of us have been here 5+ years and know how much a server costs to run - user count is irrelevant.
Alright then, so a server with a user count of 5, is no different performance wise, to a server with a user count of 50+

Can tell you learnt a lot in your 5 years.

dilina

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 9, 2008
And thats what we tried to make FourHeros all about. We encourage grouping by adding the group levelling and bonus system, sharing of quests when grouped.

When the server first launched people had groups of 8 to kill a WT, and a lot of people do still group to kill bosses.

We take donations to cover the running costs, nothing more. If I was rich enough to run it off my own back I would, but im not.

we are not rich either not even close but when my players pm me and tell me they love the srv the money doesnt matter , selling items for rlc wouldnt make them happy and proud of their work

kyeron

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 28, 2008
timisoara
as dilina said we dont judge u why u sell the items as tbh its none of our business , but i had a entire guild of 20 ppl that left because they couldent find a book(rarest for wars) in couple of hours and i didnt whant to sell it for rlc , so trust me when i say selling anything on rlc just ruin the players minds and at one point mir will be just to buy the items for cash and stay in sz "verry proud of ur items" chating

Liandrin2

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 14, 2004
The moderating is pretty laughable tbh.

Bons given bad feedback to pretty much every server in the last year and I never seen any of it deleted.

Pays to have moderators on your server team.

Hone

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 10, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
Alright then, so a server with a user count of 5, is no different performance wise, to a server with a user count of 50+

Can tell you learnt a lot in your 5 years.

Unless you cheaped out on your dedi, then no. You don't need 5 machines to run a Mir server with 50+ users, you need one.

And I come in at 7 years, **** wit.

Celsius

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
Unless you cheaped out on your dedi, then no. You don't need 5 machines to run a Mir server with 50+ users, you need one.

And I come in at 7 years, **** wit.
Why are you on about the number of machines?

And you just made your point about user count being irrelevant void.

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
Also as your now selling a product i'm pretty sure there be some sort of legal action that could be taken against you ect, as before it would of only been donations but now your selling a product without a licence. I'll look into it abit more.

Celsius

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
Also as your now selling a product i'm pretty sure there be some sort of legal action that could be taken against you ect, as before it would of only been donations but now your selling a product without a licence. I'll look into it abit more.
Lots of servers sell products, its just clear on FourHeros because we use the cart to keep track of everything.

dilina

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 9, 2008

theres no point in trying to hurt the gm , its not hes fault ppl pay , hes a smart guy and he doesnt think that selling items for rlc is wrong , even if you manage to get hes srv closed ppl will still be looking for server that sell items for rlc and ill still lose players because i dont want to sell and so will other gms the dmg is allredy done hurting him wont change anything and like he said there are more srvs that sell items

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
i aint even gonna bother readin all this

all of u need to just **** off, if u dont like it dont play, had all this once with O

just go away nd stop bein so jealous, if u dont like it - dont play
if ur jealous, do it urself

cant even be bothered to put a proper reply together thts how little i care

dilina

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 9, 2008

all of u need to just **** off, if u dont like it dont play, had all this once with O

is that why u replyed?cause u dont care? :)

Orphanmaker1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 9, 2009

lol @ that reply. You're such a mongole it's unreal.

Celsius said:
we don't ask for anything to be removed, so speak to an admin about?

You don't need to ask anyone, you've got preacher to do it already.

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
theres no point in trying to hurt the gm , its not hes fault ppl pay , hes a smart guy and he doesnt think that selling items for rlc is wrong , even if you manage to get hes srv closed ppl will still be looking for server that sell items for rlc and ill still lose players because i dont want to sell and so will other gms the dmg is allredy done hurting him wont change anything and like he said there are more srvs that sell items

lol i'm not at all intrested in trying to close or get the server closed, lots of mir players are enjoying it and its good for the community. Just saying there donnations imo are abit ott and posts keep getting deleted when ever you leave any feedback that isn't what they want. One of my posts that got deleted even stated that i thought bon and the server team done a good job but because i said donations were abit ott it got deleted lol.

Tashohnie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 13, 2009
I'm happy to donate, on my mir life I have prob donated over £500-£1000 to servers, if they accepted donations or if to help them with costs.

I played a Ragnarok private server and also spent another £500-£1000.

Did I get an advantage in the games? Not really, a slight advantage yes but items you could buy with cash shop stuff players would buy with in game gold so it worked out fair across the board.

transporter

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 12, 2008
Darlington

Boiling because people are starting to see what you really are and what your server is all about.

Status
Not open for further replies.