Camalot - The Three Heroes (Heroes)

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shank

The_Mafia
VIP
Dec 4, 2008
looking forward to what? what do you mean.

Exploitable by sounds of your post, make a noob keep it in sz afk and group with it get exp buff, mobs/spawns/mini maps then balance the mob strengths with the kits ... exactly same as i have to do for my server... fun times ahead for us specially when you say your working 9-5 then come home and gotta sit down on pc/laptop and work on mir stuff :P lol.

Good luck with server 3 people on team is good sharing the work load.

BigGOoner

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 30, 2003
dont see how its exploitable, i dont think its a big deal having a group buff even if ppl try to exploit it its 1.2x exp lol.... player point buffs will be more worthwhile to use anyway and u cant use them both together as i said.

We all waited this long sure another week wont do any harm, i could of done what other servers did and do loads of crap temples to try and scam some quick donations but i didnt. Were taking our time and doing things properly.

Ps. We got a proper dedi up too paid for so this is serious times :P

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
dont see how its exploitable, i dont think its a big deal having a group buff even if ppl try to exploit it its 1.2x exp lol.... player point buffs will be more worthwhile to use anyway and u cant use them both together as i said.

We all waited this long sure another week wont do any harm, i could of done what other servers did and do loads of crap temples to try and scam some quick donations but i didnt. Were taking our time and doing things properly.

Ps. We got a proper dedi up too paid for so this is serious times :P

Ignore the trolls, just people who would love to nitpick at anything. It's a good idea.

I do actually look forward to this server. From what I can tell you share the same aspect of Mir as me. Exploration is fun. I don't want to tele to a KR instantly, kill it and go "hooray, only 14561261261 more boss's to go" I want a fight, but I also want to know strategic routes I.E fastest maze route that will get me to where I want to be before anyone else. Multiple maze routes is a good thing, btw. Mir needs more of this... making people use their brains, for once.

Keep it up :)

Shank

The_Mafia
VIP
Dec 4, 2008
Ignore the trolls, just people who would love to nitpick at anything. It's a good idea.

I do actually look forward to this server. From what I can tell you share the same aspect of Mir as me. Exploration is fun. I don't want to tele to a KR instantly, kill it and go "hooray, only 14561261261 more boss's to go" I want a fight, but I also want to know strategic routes I.E fastest maze route that will get me to where I want to be before anyone else. Multiple maze routes is a good thing, btw. Mir needs more of this... making people use their brains, for once.

Keep it up :)

No offence and no disrespect to server but id personally hate having to find out new maze routes its pointless + spend ages trying to find it? no ta, something new though i guess dont see it on many servers now adays.

BigGOoner

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 30, 2003
guess you wont be hunting raelon ruins then shank. Dont worry theres plenty of other places you can go :)

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Exploration CAN be fun but like everything it has its pros and cons. If you have say 7floor caves like PT its highly unlikely you will actually get fights for the boss unless its really rewarding compared to easier to get to bosses. A mix of annoying/rewarding caves and easier-to-hunt-in-caves would be the best i guess.

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham

WP

you should keep ur Neanderthal's away from the forum next time guys, this persons thought patterns are not logical, in the slightest. While its not a major problem it does show a lack of intelligent/Problem solving/logical thinking , and reflects badly on the rest of the team.

Dorf

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 13, 2009
I'm with koriban on the whole new routes etc, makes the game much more fresh, it's true you won't get mega fights, but then it depends on what the boss drops, if it drops good then people will hunt it and fight for it.

DiabloDoom

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 1, 2010
Wouldn't mind seeing the new routes idea.

But you need some bosses which take less than 5 minutes to get to, one of the reasons 4H is still doing so well is because there are fights for pretty much every boss, some places take 2 minutes to get to, massive guild fights etc.

Noone wants to die and spend the next 10 minutes trying to get back to the Boss.

T0MMY

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2007
United Kingdom
Right for one shank I appreciate your critism if it is constructive. Don't just target our server because your creating one. Grow a pair and man up. I can promise you this server will be worth waiting for. People who don't like hunting and exploring then this is not the server for you. We are providing players with a new experience rather than the ordinary, without eliminating the mir feel. We have balance classes to how they should be. This server doesn't need any donations to run. We have three adults who are working spliting the dedicated host payments three ways. We have the top of the range dedicated host just incase we need a test server up.

I have been really busy at the moment decided my career options and I have finally come to grasp with what I can see my self doing. College is also needing work, so keeping up to date with that aspect.

I will be talking to james and ibzzie tonight about how far we are off and I will let you know. We all have lives and yes we could just come home from work and sit on the pc but I for one would like some me time. So I don't come home from work at 11 at night and think oh lets do some server work.

Please be patient.

Kani

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 8, 2007
New mazes? Sounds fun, imagine having a good boss which drops amazing for that level and everyone is trying to get to the boss but someone in your guild manages to miraculously discover a route and ur guild camps the boss getting n1 items then u just see shouts saying "wtf with so and so guild getting all these n1 items, must be cheating!!!" and then that guild just lol's

good times

BigGOoner

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 30, 2003
Wouldn't mind seeing the new routes idea.

But you need some bosses which take less than 5 minutes to get to, one of the reasons 4H is still doing so well is because there are fights for pretty much every boss, some places take 2 minutes to get to, massive guild fights etc.

Noone wants to die and spend the next 10 minutes trying to get back to the Boss.

Theres plenty of temples/caves ranging between 2 and 6 floors so theres something for everyone.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Pointless because that brain of yours can't handle just one more route being remembered? lol.

Sounds awesome :)

Obviously, if the boss is (A) semi-hard to get to but (B) drops amazing, your all going to be fighting for it at the KR. Same as if you didn't have (A) for the cave, and that I encourage as not EVERYONE wants to explore/find best route/even run anywhere(lazy) but, that's most of Mir - having one or possibly two caves that have that little extra "perhaps if I go this way..." and end up running into something insane / not expected. That's fun, in my opinion.

Kori the routes will eventually be found the first day that cave is huntable lvl/kit wise. Its not like its gonna be a huge secret so that a grp camps that boss for days while rest ppl will just be like wtf.

I would prefer caves having different routes with different bosses/mobs in those routes. Sorta like a bdd where the 2 mazes would actually lead to 8 diff floors. I dont mind the mazes really i just dont think its something amazing. When some1 finds the route whole server will know within 2hrs unless that boss is soloable so i dont see the "surprise" part of it.

Like fubu said i dont think i will be arsed finding the route if its too hard. Instead i will wait till some1 tells me the route(not something that hard really) and will camp the **** out of it pking every1 outside guild if it worths it. So eventually the "lazy" ppl that camp every other boss would camp this as well and not the "explorers"

BigGOoner

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 30, 2003
Calm down guys its not a big deal, its just a new maze in 1 of 15 caves. Maybe everyone will know the route in 1 day maybe not i didnt make it mega hard theres a couple of routes that will get u to 6f. either way its something new and better than heres your 1 floor cave with a boss in it. Or heres your kr teleport npc.

Like i said, theres something for everyone. Your journey will consist of multi floor leveling/boss caves. BDD style multi boss caves with dif routes and bosses. Mazes. Temples. Caves. All sorts. (i guess someone has a complaint about this too :) ).

You could easily turn round and say "whats the point of oma cave everyone knows where it is!"

Its just ridiculous its a big game plenty of things being added this is 1 of many i dont know why your bickering over small additions for multiple pages.

BigGOoner

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 30, 2003
Ill tell the DB manager to sort the client out asap when he comes online as thats his job.

Were looking at sunday evening for live and saturday/sunday morning for the client.

T0MMY

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2007
United Kingdom
I'll start getting the client together these weekend and will make it into a patch. Will be uploading to my premium account on megaupload. Will be revising a lot of things today. However this weekend is a commerative day for my friend who passed away a year ago so will be gone from 1 on a binge.

At the moment our database manager has not been seen for a week. Frustrating me and James as we are ready to polish the server off. If he doesn't show up before sunday myself and James will be doing the databases ourselves. Splitting the item tiers up (there is 4 tiers, 2 of which are done).

I know the above paragraph is a bit of a downer but it will be up asap. Will keep you posted on any news.

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
server will be ready for tomoz as long as toms got every thing else sorted ;)

BigGOoner

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 30, 2003
ok basically our DB manager has done a no show so toms mate is gona pick it up and i cant be arsed to sit in doors to do this the weekend is too nice im goin out to get smashed instead ill crack back on with it in the morning maybe well get it done for tomorrow night but i cant say for sure now all i can say is sorry yourl just have to wait abit more.

Regarding the dss, ive just shaped some ice cream into a DSS and eaten it :)

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Will be uploading to my premium account on megaupload.

Helpful hint, I tried the same thing however if your Rar'd client is over 1GB, then nobody will be able to download it unless they too are premium users.

Status
Not open for further replies.