1st attampt with ps cs2

Join Discord

Monk2005

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 25, 2005
i made this to use as a desktop background lol used more than one technique here agen simple but i like it so not arsed :D

Attachments

• git hup.jpg
    git hup.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 49

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
i made this to use as a desktop background lol used more than one technique here agen simple but i like it so not arsed :D

I must say that isn't bad, seems very fuzy though, could just be the monitor at school though hehe, anyway keep it up monk good to see you showing your work often.

SpiritWalker

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 3, 2004
Lol love readin swells posts they amuse me (in a good way).

Stiesh (spelling mistake maybe but cba to scroll up) To me your coming across as if your not grasping that he is new to this. If you see from the 1st image to the 4th they get better and thats with the replies he has got here. You on the other hand gave nothing. And i dont want to get in a flame war here but thats my opinion of you.

Monk. what can i say... For your 4th image, Its really good, Maybe if you even added in a lil bit of text to do with the scheme of the peice in simple easy to read font, faded a bit in a good placement that you like maybe it might set it off. My opinion. As for the 3rd image io feel your font choice and placement where a bit off. I see that the image is made to look a bit bubbly. But the font doesnt compliment it. Try different placements and fonts (which i am sure you did while creating the image) read up about them or even ask someone you know for some advice.

In all i would say i can see you being very good and a regular in the GFX section here. Keep it up and keep trying to be better dont limit yourself.

O and btw do you mind if i steal that 4th image for my desktop would like to see what its like.

Stonehelm

Resigned
Golden Oldie
Apr 14, 2004
Preston, UCLAN
Cleaned, grow up the lot of you.

Wittin you have a good reputation on this forum dont tarnish by retaliating to the idiots that are only trying to provoke you.

Monk2005

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 25, 2005
thats the latest one i been playing with but i really have no clue how to get text onto it to make it look good haha.

thanx for the comments u lot they really are helping.

Attachments

• Untitled-4.jpg
    Untitled-4.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 24

Monk2005

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 25, 2005
i got this one as wlel im currently researching into how to do this style.

you all know wat i mean but i dont haha i mean like were the background goes same colour so it looks like 1 image sort of thing.

again im jst stuck for text haha gna have to do some serious work on text etc..

(See Below, Sorry)

Last edited:

Monk2005

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 25, 2005
some minor adjustments

the image was jst veryroughly cut out for the final piece i will do alot of the intricate timming and gt some nice text in jst fort id post my progress so far.

thanks for comments.

Attachments

• Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

ipixel

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 11, 2005
Northern Ireland
Please for the love of god stay away from the bevel/emboss option, its the ultimate "ROFL LOOK I JUST STARTED PHOTOSHOP" giveaway, and when not used right just degrades a good image.

ipixel

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 11, 2005
Northern Ireland
I like the last one.

The rest are badly done, and actually quite auful. All these people who are pussy footing around and just herding like sheep once again, get your own brains.

All it is is a colour with some very simple filters, no real attraction within them, try adding a splash of brushes, be spontaneous. Your latest one is ALOT better and so what if it's tutorialised, you're a learner. Not that I ever used them, don't get too much into tutorials as they tend to pretty much determine your style from then on.

Try and just download a few brushes and get messing around in photoshop, you'll soon get better.

Don't listen to many peoples critiscm on here, it tends to be bad..

Listen to people like TX, Beard, JealY, StoneHelm(when he posts) they know what they're talking about.

/Steish

I could pretty much pick apart everything i've seen you post and brand it, nothing you've ever posted has made me look twice, you share the same continuous style that thousands of others do.

And lastly i point you to your own statement:

Don't listen to many peoples critiscm on here, it tends to be bad..

Sadly you fall into that category.

SpiritWalker

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 3, 2004
the last two images are looking well not really the best, the 1st one just doent go together. the bg...hm alright in its own way. but the render spoils it. the second image is better although the render looks a bit out of place. the bg is ok, i mean for beginner who has posted 6 images on here, there looking ok. the one you did for the desktop has been the best one imo (looks good on my computer too :))

i can see your playing with the filters and other feature of ps. All i can say keep going, get better.

Monk2005

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 25, 2005
Please for the love of god stay away from the bevel/emboss option, its the ultimate "ROFL LOOK I JUST STARTED PHOTOSHOP" giveaway, and when not used right just degrades a good image.

right o mate ill try keep away from it in future thanks

ipixel

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 11, 2005
Northern Ireland
The best looking form of border or to set an image up from a background, is either a 1px border set to overlay OR using drop shadow, changing it to say 2px and having it sit out a little.