:)

smoochy boys on tour

UniTY

O.G.
VIP
Apr 29, 2003
Florida, USA
It feels good.

I need a clean and free forum software. Any ideas? I like to keep things as legal as possible with this, so no cracked vB :)

There is also a good chance that I will later need some folks with very good file editing skills (e.g. can rearrange elements of a file with some skill to make them cleanly laid out for injecting into a database).

Basically, I will need a clean and untouched 1.4 database of items, monsters, mongen, NPC placement, etc. converted into a specific model of a database which will be annouced later on. Chances are, I will only be asking for text files which later I will import.

I will also need people who have a good idea on what the specs of elements in the official MIR2 are, as to build a list of what isn't know.

I use the terms "people" and "folks" which really means 2 or 3 people. Normally I have a list of people I would ask them help for but most of them are not willing to do grunt work.

This is about all the details I can give at the moment as I need to discuss a few more of them before I can offer anymore information, but these will be useful and important, and to have the ball rolling now may make it easier in the future.

Any interest? Comments are welcome. I am not currently asking for anyone to contact me about this, simply invoking conversation on the matter.

Last edited:

LeoCrasher

Former Administrator
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
::1
Hey Unity, nice to see you back ont the scene. I believe certain versions of the IPB board at version ONE are free to host on your own servers, however you do not get support from IPB. You may also want to consider phpBB.

Meanwhile DBC is already quite capable of exporting the MIR databases to comma delimited text files (great for repair), or are you in need of something a little more different - I believe I could rustle up a capable app?

/Leo

UniTY

O.G.
VIP
Apr 29, 2003
Florida, USA
LeoCrasher said:
Hey Unity, nice to see you back ont the scene. I believe certain versions of the IPB board at version ONE are free to host on your own servers, however you do not get support from IPB. You may also want to consider phpBB.

Meanwhile DBC is already quite capable of exporting the MIR databases to comma delimited text files (great for repair), or are you in need of something a little more different - I believe I could rustle up a capable app?

/Leo

Basically, the data from the database needs to be moved from the god awful place it is at now and placed into a proper (MSSQL) database server. The layout of the new database are considerably different at times, especially when it comes down to monster spawns and NPC placement.

I already built a database (from scratch) with most of the items from European MIR2 (The reason I say most is something went wrong and 10-15 items were lost) back when I was tinkering with all of this before (I believe 1.9).

New item stats had to be taken into account.

The most important at the moment would be a proper version of the mobgen (1.4 is fine). I already have a database of all the maps, though granted I'm not sure if I transfered over all of the stats for maps (e.g. no rt, dark, etc). I'm going off of memory right now because I can't be arsed to go look.. I'm sleepy.

.. and, I'll probably grab phpBB.

asda

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 6, 2003
PhpBB is always the best I have found