3D Mir - Zuma Temple

Join Discord

Nemo

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 10, 2009
UK -Manchester
Hey peeps,
It's been a while but noticed there seems to be a few threads about making mir 3d. I know there has been a few projects of this in the past but we figured we'd share this as it is now.

We originally set out to recreate zt in 3D in our spare time and make a video run through of it working using Unity. We actually got about 80-90% done (haven't finished anims, stuff like that. A lot of images not shown here) but after a while of working on this we decided to expand into our own game in the style of mir, which we are currently pursuing, and is going great.

We may come back to finish zt at some point in the future, but it's not a priority at the moment because its just a fun 'fanart' project in its self. The files from this wont be released because the back end of it is what has been developed into our current ongoing project.

Here's some renders and such. All modular(so all different floors can be made from the same assets), various pieces, some mobs etc.

3dmirnemomaskegonsmall.jpg

LINK TO BIGGER IMAGE

People saying it isn't possible, it is very achievable, taking into consideration we are only a team of 3 working in our spare time.

Maps:
ztminimap.jpg

Video:
[video=youtube_share;v3974DKbRiw]http://youtu.be/v3974DKbRiw?hd=1[/video]

/Nemo

Last edited:

Snufkin

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 27, 2011
Yesssssss this is great. Wanna see more!

What have you been using, maya, max, zbrush, mudbox etc etc?

You keeping the isometic cam?

Last edited:

scripter

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2012
Wow looks really nice, would love to see an animation of ZT coming out of his shell :D
Keep up the good work looks amazing.

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
Looks sweet, seen a Mir3 3D game but did not like the look of it.
The maps seem really poor and mob body shape + color
did not look the same as the normal 2D mobs.
Think this looks x10 better than the official 3D mir3 server i saw.

Good job, Keep it up!
/TDID

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Looks sweet, seen a Mir3 3D game but did not like the look of it.
The maps seem really poor and mob body shape + color
did not look the same as the normal 2D mobs.
Think this looks x10 better than the official 3D mir3 server i saw.

Good job, Keep it up!
/TDID

That wasn't official. Just some Chinese clone company. Your work looks good Nemo.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
looks like a fun project, but why do all the zumas look like they are about to bear hug you?

i cant believe ppl are saying ye turn it into a proper game, would take them years lol

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
looks like a fun project, but why do all the zumas look like they are about to bear hug you?

i cant believe ppl are saying ye turn it into a proper game, would take them years lol

It's how rigged Models look when in viewing mode lol.

Snufkin

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 27, 2011
Everybody should help this guy so we can have a proper Mir2 game to play. Those renders look refreshing and could change the game for the better.

Voya

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 15, 2008
USA
Never really liked Mir2 but dam! Awesome! :) Rep+ for the hard work.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Everybody should help this guy so we can have a proper Mir2 game to play. Those renders look refreshing and could change the game for the better.

so just cause it looks nice its going to be a "proper mir2 game" lol?

what if he makes it high rate? gonna cry and moan then?

Doobie

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 28, 2005
What the hell are you on about "proper"? Respect for this by the way Nemo, it definitely looks awesome and I'd be interested in a 3D Mir-themed game.

But dude, Mir is a ****ing 2D game. How is this (awesome btw) project a "proper Mir 2 game"..? It will be a completely bloody different game.
*shakes head*

Snufkin

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 27, 2011
What the hell are you on about "proper"? Respect for this by the way Nemo, it definitely looks awesome and I'd be interested in a 3D Mir-themed game.

But dude, Mir is a ****ing 2D game. How is this (awesome btw) project a "proper Mir 2 game"..? It will be a completely bloody different game.
*shakes head*
I meant something kick-started from what the OP has done so it's like the D3 of mir 2 servers. As opposed to another 2D pos that people will play for a week then realise it's just a bag of shyte because the server teams keep fking the game up in their own little groups. Also calm down it's too early for me to read that angry ****.

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Nemo, if you are looking for team members then il be more than happy to join, i've got Unity3D with its licenses aswell :) ... gimme a PM doode

Doobie

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 28, 2005
I meant something kick-started from what the OP has done so it's like the D3 of mir 2 servers. As opposed to another 2D pos that people will play for a week then realise it's just a bag of shyte because the server teams keep fking the game up in their own little groups. Also calm down it's too early for me to read that angry ****.
I'm not angry man, people always assume that when I type on forums...
I'm just a cynical bastard.