A nostalgic server?

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
bet ur the kinda person that wants to play a low rate.. 1 is released.. ull log on it.. and ull play for a week or 2, then have some sorta problem with it cause its not "perfect" then never play it again, and make another thread lookin for the same thing.

euro is dead, the euro community "feel" is dead... move on with the times, go play 1 of the servers up atm, and if u dont like it.. find a diff game

sick of seeing ppl trying to recreate that "euro feel" ... it was the worse and most boring server ive ever played... it just had good community, which ull never recreate.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
bet ur the kinda person that wants to play a low rate.. 1 is released.. ull log on it.. and ull play for a week or 2, then have some sorta problem with it cause its not "perfect" then never play it again, and make another thread lookin for the same thing.

This could be said for Med/High rate servers.

God knows why people make high rate servers, unless you got a **** load of content just don't bother, people will level faster then you will update. I can see the problem with low rate servers being in the same cave all week but that is due to lack of imagination from the server owner, 1000s ways to keep a community busy.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
This could be said for Med/High rate servers.

God knows why people make high rate servers, unless you got a **** load of content just don't bother, people will level faster then you will update. I can see the problem with low rate servers being in the same cave all week but that is due to lack of imagination from the server owner, 1000s ways to keep a community busy.
really, 1000s? please do tell us of these ideas.

low rates are boring because they are slow paced.... you level up once a month, you gain a new item, once a month... its boring.

high rates that are done properly, you'll level up every day or so, you'll gain a new item/stats every few days.. u progress along at a nice pace, and u feel that ur time is actually going into something worth while, rather than wasting ur life hunting the same cave day in day out for very small reward.

your only against high rates because uve probably only play badly made high rates, which literately are mess about stupid servers, i agree them kinda servers r silly, but they can also be fun for a month.

for every 1000 ideas u come up with for low rate, them same 1000 ideas plus another 1000 ideas can be applied to high rate, because theres a lot more room to do things.

eg, an item on low rate is dc1-3... you'd spend ages farmin a dc orb, and get 1 stat, maybe 2.. then its over, boring.
on a high rate, an item could be dc20-50... and u can upgrade it 10 stats.. gives u 10 things to do, isntead of 1-2.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007

low rates are boring because they are slow paced.... you level up once a month, you gain a new item, once a month... its boring.

high rates that are done properly, you'll level up every day or so, you'll gain a new item/stats every few days.. u progress along at a nice pace, and u feel that ur time is actually going into something worth while, rather than wasting ur life hunting the same cave day in day out for very small reward.

your only against high rates because uve probably only play badly made high rates, which literately are mess about stupid servers, i agree them kinda servers r silly, but they can also be fun for a month.

for every 1000 ideas u come up with for low rate, them same 1000 ideas plus another 1000 ideas can be applied to high rate, because theres a lot more room to do things.

eg, an item on low rate is dc1-3... you'd spend ages farmin a dc orb, and get 1 stat, maybe 2.. then its over, boring.
on a high rate, an item could be dc20-50... and u can upgrade it 10 stats.. gives u 10 things to do, isntead of 1-2.

See when someone says low rate you think "Euro" that is stupid and that is why server owners of no imagination.

Quest:
Kill 20 Monsters.

Reward: 3x The amount of exp gained from killing those monsters.

Shanda have done in the 2.0 update for woool, they have kept rates exactly the same but added quests and **** ton of exp per quests. So from taking about 3-4 days to get to level 20 it now takes about... 2hours maybe BUT still keeping rates the same, so you still have to explore all caves, go pick up the quests and so on, the game won't let you skip content if you want to level up a faster pace.

(Quests have to be done in order, you can't skip quests, this is why you need to explore the content.)

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
i agree that low rate shouldnt be a euro copy.. ive said that so many times? its lazy to just copy euro. either way, my statement still stands.. theres more room to do different stuff on high rates as a server developer than a low rate, which is why my servers are always med-high.

high rate doesnt have to mean nothing is rare, u do 1432423 levels per hour, and it has no economy etc.

terriblen

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 28, 2012
I want a mir that doesnt have heros and encourages group hunts. There's different ways of doing that but it was the group hunting that I liked. Solo grinding is not for me. It was the jokes n the banter during the hunts that made it fun.
knowing that the server owner/staff will jump on exploiters hax n crap also matters. Get really fed up when you know there's ppl duping or exploiting or something and they still doin it months later.

Timmy20231

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 12, 2009
Gy

*Facepalm*