A request.

UniTY

O.G.
VIP
Apr 29, 2003
Florida, USA
Recenting I've been reading a bit on wikipedia and noticed something interesting:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project69

It reads like a story. If you can type cleanly enough to add real information to an article on Wikipedia, please give that one a look. It reads too much CRAP for me, and I think it needs to be fixed by some of the people here.

Regards.

Last edited:

Elvin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 14, 2003
middlesex
house system wasnt his idea a few ppl from msrf made that including a female whose name was MeMeMe or similar.
she made it into a self installing exe so no one needed to install it themselves and i believe i have the original and the self installing exe somewhere on one of my many HDD's

Scorpian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 8, 2003
Manchester
Actually, it doesnt say it was my idea, however I WAS the first one to do the whole system.
Everyone on msrf was all talk and no do, I got bored of waiting for newblood to write it in for me (as he said he would, when he was GM) and just wrote it myself.
So, there.

And yes I wrote as much as I could, before I got bored. But please if you dont like it, add some more.

Scorpian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 8, 2003
Manchester
Cleaned? What are you, a butcher?
Have you ever seen a user count?
Doesnt everyone know when Project69 was started?

Some people..

Zidio

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Nov 2, 2005
LOMCN
nickers! scorpian m8 chill lol its not that bad >.< + u can check leos for chars in db........ elvin arnt u cool :cool:

Fire

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 15, 2003
to be fair there wasnt anything really wrong with the original P69, a bit of white lies but not enough to remove half the words to be fair...

Fire

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 15, 2003
i cant quite remember, because i read it quickly, but some things you said if i recall were slightly boastful, but since its an article about your server i wouldnt of expected anything less. its simply a piece of advertisement, white lies are part of the territory

UniTY

O.G.
VIP
Apr 29, 2003
Florida, USA
First off, stories belong on about pages on websites. The entire entry was a story, not NPOV, and honestly a mess of "He thought about" crap. We don't need to know what you thought about. I went through and rewrote most of it so it would be in a NPOV.

Secondly, NO, not everybody knows when P69 was concieved, nor does the people on Wikipedia.

All I am looking for is fact. Simply prove your statements, and everything is fine. Show us the facts. Thats all.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
wasnt scorp a gm on euro in beta? only way ppl could of got files, back then no'one didnt no how to make them understand how to just wonderin not pointin finger's :P

Scorpian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 8, 2003
Manchester
Me GM on euro? Not sure where you heard that?

NickAKAVexus said:
Scorpian trashed the ragezone wikipedia and said how poor it was compaired to ragezone too!
After reading the slander especially written about Project69, edits were made telling the truth about ragezone. We all know ragezone is a pretty decent community, we also all know what it could be if it had even a half decent owner.

UniTY said:
First off, stories belong on about pages on websites. The entire entry was a story, not NPOV, and honestly a mess of "He thought about" crap. We don't need to know what you thought about. I went through and rewrote most of it so it would be in a NPOV.

Secondly, NO, not everybody knows when P69 was concieved, nor does the people on Wikipedia.

All I am looking for is fact. Simply prove your statements, and everything is fine. Show us the facts. Thats all.

First off.. The rise of Project69 was meant to read like a story, a fact filled story, if you have a problem with that then it sounds like you cannot handle the facts.
There was NO 'he thought about' crap anyway, maybe you should go re-read it again..
What honestly makes you think you know more about Project69 than me? Give me a break I dont even think weve been introduced.

Secondly..Project69 was "concieved" when it said on wikipedia, hence why it was there.. If you dont like that fact go do some research, which is what you usually do before you start writing an encyclopedia.

Id hate to see your encycopedia, do u pull out each page u cannot prove?

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
daneo1989 said:
wasnt scorp a gm on euro in beta? only way ppl could of got files, back then no'one didnt no how to make them understand how to just wonderin not pointin finger's :P

Where'd you hear that pile of crap? no offence but.. lol

You should research how the files came about theres a few topics on lomcn about em

UniTY

O.G.
VIP
Apr 29, 2003
Florida, USA
Scorpian said:
Me GM on euro? Not sure where you heard that?
First off.. The rise of Project69 was meant to read like a story, a fact filled story, if you have a problem with that then it sounds like you cannot handle the facts.
Handle...what...facts? You really believe that I care enough about your server that it may somehow effect me to the point of using the word "handle"?
There was NO 'he thought about' crap anyway, maybe you should go re-read it again..
What honestly makes you think you know more about Project69 than me?
You know too much about Project69. You were trying to fit in every possible detail about how you went along with creating it. These, while may be interesting to some, are irrelivant. You're supposed to be providing the readers of wikipedia with general facts about what Project69 is, not a book about it. Make a website, or if you have one, add the story to it. If you really want all those details in there, find a way to let the reader know about them, not read them a story.

Give me a break I dont even think weve been introduced.
Hi, My name is Eric. Nice to meet you.

Secondly..Project69 was "concieved" when it said on wikipedia, hence why it was there.. If you dont like that fact go do some research, which is what you usually do before you start writing an encyclopedia.
By all means, show me the research. If your article was proper in the first place I should know by now.

Id hate to see your encycopedia, do u pull out each page u cannot prove?
No, I would make sure to use words that do not have absolution. "It is the largest server" is absolution. PROVE to me it is the largest server. Post those details somewhere and PROVE it. Don't write an article on wikipedia if you can't prove anything you say.

You keep pussy footing around the whole "prove it" idea. I'm not saying you're lying, or that you're an ass, I'm saying that you're putting in details that I see no evidence for.

Last edited: