Accy v qpr

ZoniStrife

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 30, 2009
great game best night in a long while we lost 2-1 but no shame in that stood loud and proud for 90 mins and still sang on the way back check out this vid its from after the game walking back to the coach

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27293

and a quote from one off there fans on there forums

"Stanley fan's .... I salute you!!!!!!!!!! This is what football is all about. Like RFE I've never witnessed such support in almost 40 years of following The R's home and away. You could have counted them in the lower school end .... no more than maybe 80 top wack.
They put a smile on everyone's face ... non-stop chanting! bouncing! full support for their team .... more flags than fan's .... Dave Cox is right
The main singing support came from no more than 30 lads ..... sustained for the full 90mins!!
Without a shadow of doubt, ASFC fan's were the 'Men Of The Match'!!

As usual after the match, about 20/30 of us met up in South Africa Rd where Dave Thomas sells AKUTR's. The Stanley fan's, & long after the full time whistle had blown, were still singing in the school-end ... LR was empty except for them. Eventually, they came out. They then proceded to have a game of football outside the Rangers club shop!!! After 5/6 mins, they actually tire, then, bounce along SAR, to the beat of their drum (did you take notes Pete) So bouncing along, singing their songs, every Rangers fan that was stood between the club, and The Springbok Pub, applauded them, or shook their hands ..... that will stay in my mind forever, and make me even more proud to be a QPR supporter.
Best of British to ASFC and your truly amazing small, but very vocal, band of supporters.

STANLEY ULTRAS ..... ROCK n ROLL!! "

thats the way football should be fans singing there hearts out old guys were clapping.

just a shame they would not let us take ar flags, put banners up or take are air siren in lol

ZoniStrife

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 30, 2009
Nobody cares about these reject football teams.

thing is were not a reject club at all if u look at it accy have won more things than most prem teams have.

u know nowt about football go back to eating ur prawn buttys

look at how we support are team with pride and passion un like 90 % of prem teams who care about money.

as are song goes "we dont care about money, money dont care about us, all we care about is watching stanley"

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
thing is were not a reject club at all if u look at it accy have won more things than most prem teams have.

u know nowt about football go back to eating ur prawn buttys

look at how we support are team with pride and passion un like 90 % of prem teams who care about money.

as are song goes "we dont care about money, money dont care about us, all we care about is watching stanley"

Don't worry 80% of this community don't even know the offside rule, but good on ya support your team like that, the way it's ment to be.

@JealY
That comment was unnecessary, just do your job and move it

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Be quiet sanity, if I just do that then nobody will learn.

Use the 2 brain cells you have in that skull of yours.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Be quiet sanity, if I just do that then nobody will learn.

Use the 2 brain cells you have in that skull of yours.

Wrong section, should be in the sports section.

or your way

'Cause there isn't a fucking sports section or anything...

Your a moderator, you are ment to be setting a example on the forum, but if the admins want moderators to type posts like that then fair enough but who the **** would take that **** from a moron like you?

Liandrin2

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 14, 2004
Money from big player sales allowed AS to reach the football league.

I think you guys need a new song.

ZoniStrife

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 30, 2009
1 of 12 founder members of the football league

read this http://www.accringtonstanley.has.it/

since being reformed in 68

1971-1972 Lancashire Combination Cup Winners League Cup Winners Lancashire Combination Runners-up George Watson Trophy Winners

1972-1973 Lancashire Combination Cup Winners

1973-1974 Lancashire Combination Champions Lancashire Combination Cup Winners George Watson Trophy Winners

1974-1975 George Watson Trophy Winners

1975-1976 Lancashire Combination Runners-up

1976-1977 Lancashire Combination Cup Winners

1977-1978 Lancashire Combination Champions

1979-1980 Cheshire League Division Two Runners-up

1980-1981 Cheshire League Division Two Champions

1983-1984 Lancashire FA ATS Challenge Trophy Runners-up

1985-1986 John Duckworth Trophy Winners

1986-1987 North West Counties League Runners-up

1989-1990 Lancashire Under 18's Cup Winners

1991-1992 John Duckworth Trophy Winners

1992-1993 FA Cup Second Round Proper

1993-1994 FA Cup First Round Proper

1994-1995 Anglo Barbados Cup Winners North West Alliance Cup Winners

1995-1996 North West Alliance Cup Runners-up

1996-1997 Lancashire FA ATS Challenge Trophy Runners-up

1999-2000 Unibond Division One Champions

2001 - 2002 Unibond League Cup Winners, Lancashire FA Marsden Trophy Winners, Peter Swailes Charity Sheild Winners

2002 - 2003 Unibond Premier Division Champions, Peter Swailes Charity Sheild Winners

2003 - 2004 Lancashire FA Marsden Trophy Runners-up

2004 - 2005 Lancashire FA Marsden Trophy Winners 2005 -2006 Conference League Champions (Promoted to Football League)

there's more history at accy then most people think about were a tiny town on the map we get less than 2000 for a home game yet we still keep a positive bank roll

qpr.jpg

Ultras forever **** modern football **** ur money pride and passion is what football is about.

were 40 fans can out sing 4000, were 40 fans stand for 90 mins, were 40 fans sing for 90 mins, were 40 fans still sing 30 mins after the game, were 40 fans walk down south africa road singing, were 40 fans travle to ever home and away game to show suport for there club thats passion thats football

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Not much to shout about those trophys are they really?

But fair play to you for supporting your team.

I'd also follow my team forever. Hey, we have been through some very bad times these past 10 years, and we are still in a state financial wise. But we still follow our club, through thick and thin.

Last edited:

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Sheffield Wednesday fans trying to do our bit to help Accrington & Stanley

Hey guys was just looking through a forum i post on and found this & was thinking be a shame to see them go bust so if you can help in any ways get yourself down there

The below piece was written by a bury fan for the record

Any members in the north-west region, please come on down to Accrington next Friday night (11th September) as I'm sure you're aware, Accrington have been ordered to pay the Inland Revenue £308,000 in 8 weeks, although they thought they would be given 52 weeks to do this, they now have had it cut to 8 weeks. They hope to try and pay of £200,000 or so and try to strike a deal over the rest of the owed money (give them slightly longer to find it).

As this game will be on a Friday night, there should be quite a lot of spare football fans who can spare the odd £10-£15 to help this club survive. When we were going bust in 2000-2001, they set up a game for us, and whilst they were non-league, they gave all money recieved that night to our club, and we are indebted to them. I'm sure there will be quite a lot of Bury fans going, but everyone does matter.

If they fail to raise the money, they will simply go out of business, and the probable reality will be that the ground will be sold to make way for real estate, and then they will have to groundshare for the rest of the season, or simply start over again, although this time, they will do so without a ground to their name.

This is a cause worth helping, and if any fans deserve help, it is Accrington Stanley, so please, if you can come down and spare £10-£15 for the club it will all help.

Accrington Stanley vs Darlington - 7:45pm kick off - Frazer Eagle Stadium, Accrington.

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=112276