AceM2 - Official Test Server

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

scx0r

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 19, 2005
I cant wait :( with my really nice connection speed these days, I'd love to get down and happy in Mir 2.

I've been a dedicated member to Lomcn since 2005, I don't post much for a reason.

I'm an Old school Euro Mir (Dragon / Phoenix) player (I've tried GamePot I didn't like it).

Last edited:

happypuppy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 15, 2003
BC, Canada
I cant wait :( with my really nice connection speed these days, I'd love to get down and happy in Mir 2.

I've been a dedicated member to Lomcn since 2005, I don't post much for a reason.

I'm an Old school Euro Mir (Dragon / Phoenix) player (I've tried GamePot I didn't like it).

agreed, played beta in the beginning.

Skepta

Veteran
Feb 15, 2010
Quick question, when this up live is this going to be an actual running server to play or just a test files for sjio or w.e it's called ?

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
This is just a test server for server owners & everyday players to see whats new and around to play with.
But this is by far the biggest step I have seen around to date.
(Many thanks to the LOMCN Team)

And Sijo mir will be the first server release on the Ace M2 files which is due to be launched for beta testing on 3rd May which luckily isn't too far around the corner.

scx0r

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 19, 2005
This is just a test server for server owners & everyday players to see whats new and around to play with.
But this is by far the biggest step I have seen around to date.
(Many thanks to the LOMCN Team)

And Sijo mir will be the first server release on the Ace M2 files which is due to be launched for beta testing on 3rd May which luckily isn't too far around the corner.

the suspense is killing me 3rd of may is so far away!

TravisW

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 4, 2007
Quick question, when this up live is this going to be an actual running server to play or just a test files for sjio or w.e it's called ?
It's for bug finding to help the public release of the files.

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
It's for bug finding to help the public release of the files.

Yup, but also a chance for people to see the files before we release. They have so many little things that we can't really show in Screenshots but make it difficult to go back and play other versions of Mir. People will understand once they play the Test Server

scx0r

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 19, 2005
Yup, but also a chance for people to see the files before we release. They have so many little things that we can't really show in Screenshots but make it difficult to go back and play other versions of Mir. People will understand once they play the Test Server

I could already notice things like that in the videos :) (Some of the animated graphics looks beautiful!)

The main question is, are there any bugs (that you know of!) or incomplete database / items / various npc's that need translation, fixing, and so forth or do you believe you have ironed out all of them 'to your knowledge' ?

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I could already notice things like that in the videos :) (Some of the animated graphics looks beautiful!)

The main question is, are there any bugs (that you know of!) or incomplete database / items / various npc's that need translation, fixing, and so forth or do you believe you have ironed out all of them 'to your knowledge' ?

Yeah there is a few. Nothing game breaking we hope

-Interface isn't complete so some windows will still have some Chinese images and be the old style. We'll be patching in new windows pretty frequently.
-Our SQL DBsrv is untested with more than 5 or 6 players and hasn't really been optimised yet so there may be some issues there
-No main quest line in yet. There are random quests you'll get when fighting mobs though so you'll see the new Quest System in action.
-Light from Map Objects (Torches etc) isn't complete on the new Maps. Light Sources need to be manually placed on the new maps using the Map Editor , there are also some attribute issues due to some Shanda laziness that need correcting. Silly things like being able to walk on some walls and over some objects. Again these just need manual fixing with the Map Editor.
-Ranking won't work at the moment I may just disable the button but might forget before tomorrow.
-More I'm sure but that's what the test server is for

Otherwise the Envir is 100% English. Chilipepper spent a good while building it up. I believe it goes up to Foxes at the moment in terms of complete Maps and AI. We'll be adding more as things progress though.

So long as people understand this is a test server and report bugs and have a bit of fun it'll be fine. I've said it before the files aren't perfect but with players help we'll get them up to a great standard.

MCDONALDS

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jul 24, 2008
Southampton, UK
So long as people understand this is a test server and report bugs and have a bit of fun it'll be fine. I've said it before the files aren't perfect but with players help we'll get them up to a great standard.

Lol unfortunately there will be people that will miss the point and just whine about broken things rather than report them, expecting it to be some sort of full playable server.

Props to you all btw this is exactly what i wanted to see happen in mir, hopefully everyone will be synced in running it properly with directx , and hopefully there wont be no drastic advantage to be gained from running it in virtual box.
This is what i wanted to achieve but life wouldnt permit and im so glad heads have finally gone together to work on something that has future rather than solo efforts of botching other attempts of this.
Cant wait :) x

XXXXX

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jan 12, 2004
Do we know a time when this will be up guys? I vote put it up now, as I'm rather busy tomorrow :P

Status
Not open for further replies.