AceM2 - The next generation of Mir

smoochy boys on tour

sprite110911

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 24, 2011
Los Angeles
NICE and HARD work Milo!
looks like Chinese Sanda New Mir2 interface if i was wrong?
i have see a Chinese Priv.Server look like ACEM2.
Can't wait for the test!
Thanks agian! You guys really bring the mir2 back to LIFE!!

Last edited:

scx0r

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 19, 2005
Thanks for the offer, test server will be up in just over a week now if you could test then that'd be great.

Older clients (Including Ruby) all used DelphiX which is DirectX7 based code I believe. Either way it's old outdated and too slow. These files use a modified version of HGE for Delphi, which while only DirectX 8 based still allows for a lot more powerful features and far better performance. For example with DelphiX the Heroes client would struggle on 16bit maps, no longer is that an issue ^^.

Not that far away from launch, getting a little nervous now lol. We've worked on these files for months now hopefully people enjoy them.

Thanks for clearing that up, yes I'm willing to test as soon as is possible... I would appreciate the moment it's ready to get in and try it. Do you have a website url for this yet? or a TS channel or anything?

wbrian

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 31, 2007

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
BTW that was good natured LOL :)

I have next to no experience with private mir editions and I am curious where this stands relative to classic mir which I think is currently RubyM2 files, or is this going to look more like mir3 which is what I think those Hero files look like?

From the screenshots it looks like close to Ruby files going by the interface and char graphics, the trees and ground on maps generally looks somewhat more mir3 like (maybe because they look so spiffy ;) I'd rather see blood drops dripping from cave entrance archway than some white lilies flower petals falling off trees TBH, or better use that animation for groundhogs tunneling up that you can at least do something with them, like kill them o.O

You said it can run in several resolution modes, so if you switch between them doesn't everything get distorted a little because the aspect ratio changes when you go into some widescreen mode? And does the client have to have separate maps for each resolution or is it just one set of maps for all resolutions and they get downgraded for lower res?

I think you said back on this thread that running mir in vmware will be allowed, that would be great especially if that gameguard protection would be used, that was main reason in past why I played in vmware (also to have mir 'windowed' but that wasn't that important).

Last edited:

PRIMO

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 18, 2006
Nottingham
quick question and apologies if i sound like a dumbass here but are the script commands gnna b same as heroes? dont wanna write anymore till theyre released if they are different lol.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
why would you want higher than 60fps on mir?

Jacko

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2011
the netherlands
bad luck for you then the game is capped with vertical sync thus capped at 60 fps
since most monitors are also only 60 fps

Coly

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 31, 2005
Germany

Nemo

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 10, 2009
UK -Manchester
Wondering, with the better performance and ability for multiple small ambient animations, how well would it be able to handle a full screen animation too? for the addition of things like rain, snow, and fog, which would give the game a whole other dimention and a much better look.

From memory I'm pretty sure this kind of thing has been tried before but failed due to it making the game lag, I think?

I'm sick of sunny MiR and want to make it nice and gloomy. :p

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
I'm sick of sunny MiR and want to make it nice and gloomy. :p

You can already change the atmosphere through the lighting system that Sam made. Here's a short video I made for the lighting. I'm really enjoying the lighting really allows you to create different atmosphere's on any map you like. Not only can you change the colour you can change the density of the light.

[youtube]AkiRZc6j840[/youtube]

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Client download for the Test Server can be found in the new thread in Upcoming Servers. Test Server is still going live next Saturday, we'll lock down a time sooner to the date.

Regarding performance discussion etc the files are vsync'd so will be capped at the maximum Frame Rate that your Monitor supports. On Heroes we didn't have a hope in hell of being able to blend colours like we do with the new files. It will allow us to do Fog like we wanted too on Heroes and yes potentially other Weather effects in the future with no performance hits

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
The interface in standard mode is a weakness in the looks of these files. Too much embellishment that has little practical purpose. So old.
I also note "Wet" as an abbreviation for weight. Using a proper word as an abbreviation doesn't work. Something like Wgt might work better or perhaps an image ?

On another note, is it possible to have a user option to turn off the keyboard letter press for skills and windows etc. ? Clicking icons is so much better and avoids getting clogged up mid fight with windows opening when having the wrong chat mode set or forgetting to press the return key.