AceM2 - The next generation of Mir

warblade

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 10, 2011
Wow very Nice Work!!! Cant wait too play one .. Who Will have the 1st AceMir2 Server? :)

combie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 8, 2003
Crimond, Scotland
Well I only stumbled on this by chance, and so glad I had! Amazing work again guys from some solid trustworthy and skilled coders with Mir servers. Wish I'd known sooner and could have possibly helped.

Will there be a wiki/bugtracker/server guide section for these files? If so I'd donate some time to get them up and running and accurate.

Well done to the team.

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
Well I only stumbled on this by chance, and so glad I had! Amazing work again guys from some solid trustworthy and skilled coders with Mir servers. Wish I'd known sooner and could have possibly helped.

Will there be a wiki/bugtracker/server guide section for these files? If so I'd donate some time to get them up and running and accurate.

Well done to the team.

We have been using Mantis bug tracker to track bug handle bugs appropriately in our closed environment, I would however, like to open this up to the public so people can just submit bug reports and they can be viewed in a list as well as providing general information (progress, who is working on them etc).

I thought I would chuck some screenshots in as the light system is "my baby" and I wanted to show it off a little... The light system has been completely coded from scratch and I imagine there is going to be a few amount of small bugs surrounding it but it so far it has been going well and it looks amazing ingame :).

RbX1mu5.jpg
i30gSYl.jpg
zsSzGo5.jpg
4pyPtIW.jpg
o1tPjUD.jpg
9pCem40.jpg
4BC8zZU.jpg

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
Just a little video that I put together showing off the AceM2 files on SijoMiR.

Great work so far guys.

[youtube]ZVEcFhCT7S4[/youtube]

Reactions: wumatica

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
Nice work Sam & Ty.

I have to say, I do much prefere Samuels interface over Ty's.
Sam's is more based on the 1.9 interface which was much better, even though it did reduce the screen size.

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
There's an option to change it in the menu. Tick box between the two interfaces which I like.

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
Yeah the Ace team are a bunch of great coder's and guys.

TravisW

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 4, 2007
Excellent work team! I just can't wait to play. I feel like you all should be paid!
Maybe all servers first month's donations could go to you all. :D Flame away.

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
Awesome, nice work guys. Seen a bit of work going on around Lomcn with Jamies C# Project, Delphi Mir3 Project and this. Seems that people are trying to resurrect mir and them few people who are dedicated are doing the lomcn community proud! Hope everything else runs smoothly and that the test release date comes around quickly ;)

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Really hoping these files spark some life into Mir, like the release of TD's 2.3 files did (Although that was a long time ago now!)

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
Why "Ace" ? Is there some relevance to the name or just because it's going to be "ace" ?
Seems a bit weak/naff even though the files themselves are clearly anything but.

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
Why "Ace" ? Is there some relevance to the name or just because it's going to be "ace" ?
Seems a bit weak/naff even though the files themselves are clearly anything but.

Diamond, Spade, Club... Ace... All playing cards... We already had DiamondM2 and Spade/Club M2 didn't sound so great :P

Sam