thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003
Anyone know what this error is??

errorys.png

Milo ain't responded to my message yet.

-Ash

have you considered putting the client in a non protected windows folder?
the user (desktop) folders have tight security on windows 7 and higher, you're better off trying to install it in c:\games or something similar

stagg

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 28, 2008
i just downloaded game click ok then get this

any1 any idea plz

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008
have you considered putting the client in a non protected windows folder?
the user (desktop) folders have tight security on windows 7 and higher, you're better off trying to install it in c:\games or something similar

Nope i did not considered this.. Normally when you install a game it gives you an option where you would like to install it i.e C:\Program Files (x86)

But thanks for the advice i suppose.

-Ash

Laylas

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 2, 2013
OK, this is fact:
TwinDrakeBlade does not penetrate defence as it is supposed to.
It has a time delay which it shouldnt.

This is same situation as it has been on any files TheDeath is involved in.

In the end wizard will rape all, TheDeath plays wizard.

This is opinion:
TheDeath will not let it be official euro skills, to protect wizard (magicshield) being penetrated by warriors.

Why do we have a Euro clone, where everything except the one skill dangerous to wizards is the same as it was on euro?

Call me a conspiracy theorist, but im basing this idea on 5 years of historical evidence, where every skill is coded as close to euro as possible, except TDB. The only skill that gains an advantage from this Nerfing of TDB is.... MAGICSHIELD[damage sustained/3].

Tell me I am wrong, Please.

This is 100% correct, would explain a lot, he plays a char on the server which is a wiz, shame really I was just starting to enjoy the server but after reading this it's put me right off... Just so happened his guild has SW and all the nice kits etc to... Damm such I shame

---------- Post Merged at 07:00 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:57 AM ----------

Not only that, caster also have double cast speed.... Work that out, wiz super fast casting, Taos super fast casting, wars main attack TDB dnt even work properly lol......

---------- Post Merged at 07:01 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:57 AM ----------

Oh and shoulder dash has like a 5 second cooldown lol wtf

PRIMO

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 18, 2006
Nottingham
Seems like an awful lot of effort to go to just to b better on a private mir server. Im sure warriors werent coded that way so one guy can be more powerful on one server.

---------- Post Merged at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:24 AM ----------

Also i cant see the rest of the team allowing an entire class to be coded in a way that it makes it useless.

Turrican

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2012
UK
Not only that, caster also have double cast speed.... Work that out, wiz super fast casting, Taos super fast casting, wars main attack TDB dnt even work properly lol......
Warriors are currently benefiting from an A.speed + 2 bug, and with the best necklace for warrior ingame (gale necky) being in shops and dswords being so easy to get hold of, people are running around with 5-7 a.speed.

boothy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 23, 2007
There's been changes to TDB, not sure what but I've heard it penetrates defences now, dunno though..

Next reboot has some changes to tdb

Sam

You will have to see what it's like after next reboot.

Nemo

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 10, 2009
UK -Manchester
This is 100% correct, would explain a lot, he plays a char on the server which is a wiz, shame really I was just starting to enjoy the server but after reading this it's put me right off... Just so happened his guild has SW and all the nice kits etc to... Damm such I shame

---------- Post Merged at 07:00 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:57 AM ----------

---------- Post Merged at 07:01 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:57 AM ----------

Oh and shoulder dash has like a 5 second cooldown lol wtf

Actually I'm positive they got at least 99% of their kit without TD. TD has pretty basic kit much like anyone else. the fast casting was down to Samuel, not TD. And the fast casting actually currently only makes wizz/taos barely keeping up with the speed of warrs.

As for TDB being nerfed, I believe this was also Sam's coding trying to make it more even, though now its being changed back to 'more' euro because of all the complaints.

You cant mock the server because you have a vendetta against 1 coder playing what you think is an overpowered class, when fact is they haven't done it alone, in fact, all skills I've ever asked about have been Samuels hard work in coding.

Making the server team look bad with your false 'facts', just another attempt to crumble a server.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
TD plays a wiz, Milo plays a warrior.

I'm not sure what others play but if TD was trying to nerf warriors for his own benefit I'm pretty sure Milo wouldn't let it happen.

Both the files and the server are still under development, if you feel something isn't right let them know so they can look into it... Don't just start blaming one person.

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
I like all classes :)... I also want them balanced (which I think they are pretty close to atm) before we start introducing new classes.

Sam.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Also, a high level Warrior with good DC should be able to pretty much 1 hit a wizz... It's been like that since FlamingSword.

Some servers make is so Wizards can pretty much tank a warrior which is poor, means you need no skill in playing as a wiz.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Also, a high level Warrior with good DC should be able to pretty much 1 hit a wizz... It's been like that since FlamingSword.

Flamingsword actually has and always will do next to nothing damage against a shielded wizard. The only effective way of killing a wizz was either Blade Avalanche (slow cast time but worked same as TDB ignored AC... but is a tad unreliable) or, as someone mentioned, TDB.

A NON-shielded wizard is dead in 1 hit from pretty much anything, and rightly so.

TDB cuts shield/ac, effectively making it the one "counter" spell to wizards magic shield. I'm going to be painfully honest; It should one or two hit kill wizards.

Why? Because if a wizard is dumb enough to let a warrior get close to him, with their mass-aoe spells at hand (firewall, ice storm... eventually flame-field) then they frankly deserve to die. This is how it was on Euro... Single target DPS = warrior, mass AoE damage = Wizard.

The only issue is when you put a whole guild of wizards together with FlameField. They're practically invincible. This is where Curse from taos comes into play, though. To slow them down to allow a warrior to get a hit in... assuming he isn't Repulsed away instantly mind you ;) But an entire guild of wizards should not be able to do certain boss's without a good amount of warriors...etc etc.

Mir is more balanced than people make it out to be. It's when you start fiddling around with what Euro had, then you have problems. Adding stuff to the game is fine, if you actually understand how balance works.

Last edited:

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Flamingsword actually has and always will do next to nothing damage against a shielded wizard. The only effective way of killing a wizz was either Blade Avalanche (slow cast time but worked same as TDB ignored AC... but is a tad unreliable) or, as someone mentioned, TDB.

A NON-shielded wizard is dead in 1 hit from pretty much anything, and rightly so.
Aye, I didn't mean FS ignored Shield, but if you caught a wiz off guard he would be dead.

---------- Post Merged at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:01 PM ----------

Aye, I didn't mean FS ignored Shield, but if you caught a wiz off guard he would be dead.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Anyone know what this error is??

errorys.png

Milo ain't responded to my message yet.

-Ash

As what it's telling you.

Do not extract the installer as archive!!

Just run it, it selfextracts. When it's extracted you can move the folder wherever you want.

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England
As what it's telling you.

Do not extract the installer as archive!!

Just run it, it selfextracts. When it's extracted you can move the folder wherever you want.

I was getting the same error, but before that screen there is another with a little pop up and 3 dots, if you click the box with the 3 little dots in and click extract to desktop then it should work fine, we'll it did for me

---------- Post Merged at 07:49 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:47 AM ----------

I was getting the same error, but before that screen there is another with a little pop up and 3 dots, if you click the box with the 3 little dots in and click extract to desktop then it should work fine, we'll it did for me

For some reason it dont extract automatically, I had to manually select desktop, then when I done that it goes to that screen and starts extracting

DavidShaw

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 3, 2007
Yes TDB needs to be fixed to the Euro model as all other skills are.

I will be happy when the proper calculations for skills are posted online.
For example I Know FlameField on Euro, it was more beneficial to add 1-0Mc than to add 0-1Mc.

The specific multipliers is what im after, such as in all other mmorpg where someone can plan how they want to build their character :p

Plus it shows that the coders and tweakers know what they are actually doing and its not a case of "well its too weak so add a bit to that number and add a bit to that number" lol :)

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
Yes TDB needs to be fixed to the Euro model as all other skills are.

For example I Know FlameField on Euro, it was more beneficial to add 1-0Mc than to add 0-1Mc.

The specific multipliers is what im after, such as in all other mmorpg where someone can plan how they want to build their character :p

Plus it shows that the coders and tweakers know what they are actually doing and its not a case of "well its too weak so add a bit to that number and add a bit to that number" lol :)

Adding MC1-x or any of the damage classes on the left side will always be a benefit as it means each usage of the skill will do damage.

DavidShaw

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 3, 2007

Adding MC1-x or any of the damage classes on the left side will always be a benefit as it means each usage of the skill will do damage.

Its like people dont read anymore.