Aloud?

smoochy boys on tour

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
k just thought it wud b good if you posted links to films and people cud then write what they thought about the film etc and they could request films etc etc but o well :P

LeoCrasher

Former Administrator
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
::1
Personally, I don't see why links to films/torrents etc should not be permitted.

Or at the very least, a list of sites where such things could be attained.

/Leo

Babyhack

Devilsoul Owner
VIP
Feb 4, 2004
Dublin, Ireland
tbh you cant give a fair/good review of a film that you have downloaded

it is unfare on the film and anyone who reads the review if you have reviewed a film you have seen that has been a cam/screener the quilty of the film is just not good enough to give a fair review

afaik the idea of this forum is to tell people what you have thought of a film/films you have seen and if it is worth the MONEY you have paid to see it

yes i DL movies and have a ton of bad quilty DVDs
but if you are going to review a film at least see it on a big screen

besides alot of films HAVE to be seen a big screen for you to get the full effect from it

a list of sites maybe ok
but direct linking to films can and will get LOMCN into alot of trouble
Mir server files are one thing but films is a different story

BH

LeoCrasher

Former Administrator
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Films AND reviews.

The crucial bit in the title would be the 'and'. The forum isn't a sole review area... its a GoT subforum for anything filmwise.

I agree that the legal aspect of direct linking is a little touchy, so would appreciate it if they don't appear. A list of sites to aid in such matters is however perfectly acceptable.

Meanwhile as for your new argument of needing a higher experiance in order to review a film.... I disagree. Many people won't be viewing the film on a big screen, but instead like me, will be downloading to watch on a HTPC or similar device. It is up to the user to decide how valuable a review is to them, and I imagine such a user would take into consideration the medium on which the film was reviewed.

Personally I don't care... a downloaded DVDRip displayed on a 42" plasma through a HTPC with 5.1 surround is just as good, if not better than watching the film without the irritations of the public cinema.

/Leo

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
I would actually really like downloads to films posted :).

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
so is it a yes or no? i have tons of site only 1 public/private ftp site tho and bout 7 torrent sites

EvilGoku

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 28, 2005
Brighton
im guessin you mean allowed :P
but yeah would be a good idea having download to films...
but some torrents are really slow.

ipixel

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 11, 2005
Northern Ireland
Babyhack said:
tbh you cant give a fair/good review of a film that you have downloaded

it is unfare on the film and anyone who reads the review if you have reviewed a film you have seen that has been a cam/screener the quilty of the film is just not good enough to give a fair review

afaik the idea of this forum is to tell people what you have thought of a film/films you have seen and if it is worth the MONEY you have paid to see it

yes i DL movies and have a ton of bad quilty DVDs
but if you are going to review a film at least see it on a big screen

besides alot of films HAVE to be seen a big screen for you to get the full effect from it

a list of sites maybe ok
but direct linking to films can and will get LOMCN into alot of trouble
Mir server files are one thing but films is a different story

BH

Just make sure people only provide links to dvdrips or workprints, would be cool, saves me hunting for new films.

LeoCrasher

Former Administrator
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
CraiG^ said:
so is it a yes or no? i have tons of site only 1 public/private ftp site tho and bout 7 torrent sites

You may post links to sites... but not direct links to files themselves :)

/Leo

Sawell

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 29, 2003
Pfft, people pay good money to even get links to warez sites, they're not easily found :p

I have a few, but if I started giving the address out it only takes one person to report it to the net police.

I would on the other hand provide direct links to public FTPs, if you don't want that though it's cool. I have a few small warez sites around somewhere, does a mod want to make a sticky?