Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightwolf

Developer
VIP
Jul 16, 2003
Manchester, UK
also with npcs you have to put 8 bytes at top like i think thasts how you do it then decode it

%100
;weapon
+5
+6
;mineral
+43

[@main]

Mrklawz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 9, 2003
out of interest can the client be made to run in windowed mode like the QGO client? i tried with the mode.txt, wont have it

Mrklawz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 9, 2003
Yep few of us have it working now, i'm working slowly thru the monster db translating it now, JinChongCaptain owns as a pet lol. It would realy help if it could be run in windowed mode. Its a shame there isnt a command to reload the mobs ingame without restarting the server, be easy then to see if edits worked.

Last edited:

wazz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2003
Nightwolf said:
you also have to change the checksum or it wont work :)

really don't understand why you wont just release the program you've got to edit the Mapinfo, save Kaori alot of hassle and time.

howie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 7, 2003
UK
We have servers running but its early days yet and a lot of work still has to be done.
The situation is compounded by certain peeps posting to brag what they have achieved but are unwilling to share the information.

Its all about my toy teddy bear is bigger and better than yours etc...

We will endevour to continue however and will succeed and we will share what and how as we go along.

also be carefull what you download as lot of the database files have been doctored to make it even harder for us. :(

Kaori

LOMCN MiR3 Queen!
VIP
Jun 3, 2004
Canada
I figured out the decrypt of the mapinfo etc... :P
BUT there's a checksum... gotta spend some times tomorrow or friday...

XanderLoM

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 29, 2004
The Net
Could some one do me a favour and send me all the basic files needed the ones Night Wolf released kinda confusing i just wanna bang a server up see what its like and edit it to make my own

[email protected]

looking for a team aswell

wazz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2003
well i dont think other peoples files will look alot different to Night's. As it'll roughly still have the same layout etc.

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
Nightwolf said:
you also have to change the checksum or it wont work :)

Are you been annoying for the Hell of it? What program/way do you work out the Bytes to use, I looked into CRC, MD5 the lot and nothing matched. Would it not be easier to either tell us what program your using so we can change the map info or tell us how you worked out the crc values to show in?

Mrklawz said:
Yep few of us have it working now, i'm working slowly thru the monster db translating it now, JinChongCaptain owns as a pet lol. It would realy help if it could be run in windowed mode. Its a shame there isnt a command to reload the mobs ingame without restarting the server, be easy then to see if edits worked.

Are you not a member of the said MSRF Team, the mobs have been done and released by me - i posted on there forum, i wont be posting on here though.

Also reference the files, I have taken the files from the chinese, different? well hell yes - StdItems, Magic has more things in for a start, though probably added by hand and will be added to again once i translate them fully. No offence to anybody who has worked on the files but i have like 3 Std Items files here converted to english - really?? then why do i still find Ascii names in there - I'm doing One bit at a time, not moving on to another bit until I have that bit fully done and tested.

Information Sharing is not coming forth so - plan B - do the Whole lot myself - i wont be happy with a Map info Half done (yes nightwolf you still have Ascii Names in there man) - Ill rip the DbSrv Apart and take out the Encoding needed - easier than trying to work out what Hex to put in the Map Info file to be honest..

Kaori

LOMCN MiR3 Queen!
VIP
Jun 3, 2004
Canada
8 bytes...
first 4 bytes = decrypt related
second 4 bytes = some sorts of checksum? (I'll try to figure this part maybe later today or tomorrow.

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
Kaori said:
8 bytes...
first 4 bytes = decrypt related
second 4 bytes = some sorts of checksum? (I'll try to figure this part maybe later today or tomorrow.

Well looking on chinse forum i foudn this info - not sure if any help but ill post anyhow:

The encryption studies which about me reconciles the Peru method First provides winhex to open document CTRL+T Xie Mi encrypts with XOR uses OR ! Setup.txt document 04 The magic.dat document for - 11 cannot front choose the clock from 5th The monster.dat document is from 5th - 09 The stditem.dat document is from 5th - 04 Other documents have not studied Who knew said Facilitates everybody I said not not rightly please pointed out

Above all Canadian decipher all used xor to complete you to say rightly (but, attention was a hexadecimal system, was not decimal base.) How other like map documents different either is the object in the document first 8 bytes verification code first four each byte different or time calculates these as for the verification code to keep you to study GM the document is $7

Here also must point out on-line emits in edition encryption map, document and so on NPC the procedure is absolutely wrong, the reason, 编写者 simply did not know the first 8 bytes are verify the code or simply do not know the first 8 bytes verification code the computational method Also has is its supplementary adminlist encryption decipher also is wrong, is wrong in continuously adds the decipher, but is by the line of Canadian decipher

Corrects document the and so on map Canadian decipher is from the displacement quantity $8 starts, also is starts xor from 9th in the article article of 8 bit check code first 4 +i i = goal decipher byte displacement quantity -8. Each all different or, each also wants +i

OK forget about encrytion - I have a set of files that uses no encrytion at on on any of the files - so all txt files can be normal as we are used to - :)

Last edited:

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
Update then on these files, the .dat files also have been decrtyed which causes a problem as the console.exe reads them as all numbers - not good. Now Kaori - your Util you wrote which dumps these files also happens to dump them in the very same format as it goes.

I tested the server.exe with the said dbsrv.exe and with there supplied .dat files it does indeed run fine - As its not much use at the moment (cannot mix and match files, ive tried) ill wait to see what kaori says about the .dat files, if there is a way to edit them as they seem not encrtyed - which also means console wil not read them -- bahh

Mrklawz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 9, 2003
@Demonic, yeah i was a member of the old msrf forums but as you'll see further up the thread, I havent got a clue what the new URL is for the new site and as far as i can tell, it hasnt been made public so far, So.. I sure as hell wont be posting on there as i havent been given the option to do so.

and on that note, i'd like to say...

Your point is?

*edit* Anyway, now i got me hair back on lol, time to get back OT.
Wolf, whats the new server distro you have on the site now? "GTsvr.pro.rar"
havent had a chance to explore it yet, could it be the non encrypted txt file version?

Last edited:

Mrklawz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 9, 2003
Got fed up staring at tables last nite and experimented with the QGO map files in the server, It looks like some of the tile wil's are going to need editing as there was some chunks of Bichon that had wrong tiles in it, Either that or the wil files differ quite a bit from the 2 versions and will have to be substituted, ( shame if its a lot different as i was thinking of having server set up with "past bichon" using the QGO maps and keeping EI maps as current.) Is it just me or do you feel ripped off by the QGO maps?

Status
Not open for further replies.