any help please

Join Discord

elina

LOMCN Rookie
May 15, 2010
i got all mir 2.3 files downloaded but it wouldnot start although i opened (DBserver,GameGate,Rungate,Logingate,LoginSRV,LogDataServer,M2server,SelGate,MirserverLauncher,Loginsrv-Backup ) iam a new starter in makin servers , so shall i change any thing ? .
thanks .

elina

LOMCN Rookie
May 15, 2010
can u tell me what shall i do after downloading files , which of this (DBserver,GameGate,Rungate,Logingate,LoginSRV,LogD ataServer,M2server,SelGate,MirserverLauncher,Login srv-Backup) should be opend or modified in order to open the server

Upvote 0

elina

LOMCN Rookie
May 15, 2010
ye i think it was ur files , there was 3exe's one called mir and one mir2 and one called hell23
but none of them were working

Upvote 0

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
ok

so let's try to make it simple and correct.

place the mirserver folder in C:\ so that you have C:\mirserver\ all the other folders like dbserver and m2server etc etc..

so in order to play you need to copy the mir.exe in the m2server folder into the folder where you installed the mir game client which usually is C:\program files\WeMade Entertainment\Legend of mir\ and overwrite the mir.exe which is already there..

then go back to C:\mirserver and open the client folder and copy all the files into the game client folder.. copy the chrsel, prguse, prguse2 and 3 in the data folder.. all the other files (mir2.ini, servers.ini) go into the main folder together with the mir.exe

then start these exe's from the mirserver folders:
C:\Mirserver\LoginGate\LoginGate.exe
C:\Mirserver\SelGate\SelGate.exe
C:\Mirserver\GameGate\RunGate.exe
C:\Mirserver\LoginSrv\LoginSrv.exe
C:\Mirserver\DBServer\DBServer.exe
C:\Mirserver\LogServer\LogDataServer.exe
C:\Mirserver\M2Server\M2Server.exe

wait for the m2server to load completly and then only after that try opening the mir.exe you places in the game client folder and try to see if it connects..

if you still cant make it work then you should read this guide again:
Windows xp Mir 2.3 guide or
Windows vista Mir 2.3 guide

Last edited:
Upvote 0

elina

LOMCN Rookie
May 15, 2010
ye i guess :( coz i wanted to go thorugh the challenege of making a server on my own but my knowledge is actually 0 :( , and i did the things u told me about "mstattion " still don't work :(

Upvote 0

elina

LOMCN Rookie
May 15, 2010
thats what is wirtten in the m2server

Loaded client version information and server table...
Loading StdItem.DB...
[29/06/2010 08:18:53 AM] StartTimer exception: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Shared Memory]SQL Server does not exist or access denied
[29/06/2010 08:19:52 AM] -- --> Error Keeping Query Alive!
[29/06/2010 08:20:26 AM] -- --> Error Keeping QueryCommand Alive!
[29/06/2010 08:20:58 AM] -- --> Error Keeping charQuery Alive!
[29/06/2010 08:21:29 AM] -- --> Error Keeping charQueryCommand Alive!

Upvote 0

jasper

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 10, 2005
did you download and install microsoft sql (think the link is to the eval version)

Upvote 0

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
You need to install sql and restore the db in your files... follow the guide thats been posted (dont skip bits) and your server will work perfectly.

Upvote 0

elina

LOMCN Rookie
May 15, 2010
i followed that thread that u gave me (Mstation) but i stopped at the server step
i cant log in the serevr coz it says that the server doesnot allow remote connections
and i followed the help site http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914277 and did everything it says and yet i can't log in the server .
any ideas please ? .

Upvote 0

elina

LOMCN Rookie
May 15, 2010
i don't know if i enabled some and forgot to enable some , can any one tell me what to enable to and what to disable in order to log in the (sql server 2005) ? , i think this is the last thing i would need to get started ( if nothing else goes worng :P although i learned a not bad information for the 1st day thanks to you guys ) .

Upvote 0

elina

LOMCN Rookie
May 15, 2010
u mean the one when setting it up or the one when i try to connect in (SQL Server Management Studio Express) ?

Upvote 0

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
Just to give you some idea.. make sure it's correct in the dbsrc (in dbserver) and setup.txt (in m2server).

[SQL]
SQLType=mssql
SQLHost=MY-PC\SQLEXPRESS
SQLPort=3306
SQLDatabase=Mir
SQLUsername=sa
SQLPassword=YourPassword

Upvote 0