Votes: 45 77.6%
  • No

Votes: 13 22.4%

• Total voters

~ Oni ~

LOMCN n00bie
Apr 22, 2005
Escluge said:
Oni, it'll help if you actually made sense.

what I'm saying is, a four year old with a toy plays with it and abuses it until it breaks and wont let anyone play with it

using ur admin powers to get one over on someone cos they said there opinion is one in the same isnt it?

neway its over now I got banned and nothing I can do about it

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
~ Oni ~ said:
omg u sad ****, u are definity the worst mod I have ever seen lol u cant handle a lil crittism so u ban them? ur like a 4 year old with toy

Criticism? You openly flamed American's, i.e. me. You can cry and moan like a little girl all you want, but you will pay. Anyone who makes fun of any race will suffer the consequences, i.e. temp ban.\

Enjoy the 1 day vacation btw.

EDIT

It's temp btw, not perma so don't go whining.

Last edited:

Shrine

ipixie™ said:
i use AOL and aint had problems.

as for those voting, i think there just following the crowd and saying it crap, dont knock it until you've tried it.

used it, it sucks.

Yes
used to have ntl, never had problems. now i have bt adsl.

YoYoYo

Milo's Sex Slave
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2003
My house
ipixie™ said:
i use AOL and aint had problems.

as for those voting, i think there just following the crowd and saying it crap, dont knock it until you've tried it.
AMG, so true.

I have used AOL all the time i have had the internet and tbh they are the best. I had no problem with them and their AOLDialler just rules, excellent if you dont want the whole aol program running but you want access to the internet. Havent got broadband from AOL so cant say wether its good or not.
I dont use their browser or email or even their IM cause i dont think they are as good as some of the other products out there (FireFox, Gmail, MSN) but for an internet provider they are very good.

Very rarely though AOL cuts my connection, it dont cut your connection every 2hours like some other 56k providers did/do.

Overall AOL is the best 56k provider (dunno bout broadband)
BT is best broadband provider from what i've seen.

Archa

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
Bristol ,England
banning wise for calling u a 4year old lol, abbuse your power a tad there urban u fr00b.
/Darkunit
p.s AoL sucks lol takes 3 days to load up there home page =p

fubu

Archa said:
banning wise for calling u a 4year old lol, abbuse your power a tad there urban u fr00b.
/Darkunit
AOL pwns m7 it loads up instant for me

ipixel

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 11, 2005
Northern Ireland
Archa said:
/Darkunit

3 days if your comp sucks.

"fr00b."

Biohazard

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Apr 21, 2003
Salem, Oregon
AOL sucks. All you AOL lovers can go tell them instead of telling us.

Has anyone seen those commercials too? Or do they just run on American TV? They are pretty retarded.

I remember one I saw yesterday, this lady came into the AOL offices and went up to the office manager and said "Thank you for giving my anti-spyware and anti-virus ware! I Made you my famous cake!" and the guy said "Well ma'am, we all worked on it." And then like 50 people stood up, and this lady poked her head out of her desk and said "I smell cake!". And then I went and cried in the corner. Poor AOL; they get lower and lower by the second.......

Blaminator

VIP
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 11, 2003
London
Biohazard said:
AOL sucks. All you AOL lovers can go tell them instead of telling us.

Has anyone seen those commercials too? Or do they just run on American TV? They are pretty retarded.

I remember one I saw yesterday, this lady came into the AOL offices and went up to the office manager and said "Thank you for giving my anti-spyware and anti-virus ware! I Made you my famous cake!" and the guy said "Well ma'am, we all worked on it." And then like 50 people stood up, and this lady poked her head out of her desk and said "I smell cake!". And then I went and cried in the corner. Poor AOL; they get lower and lower by the second.......
:lol: :lol:

Biohazard

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Apr 21, 2003
Salem, Oregon
There are other ones too. Like this on where this "AOL Member" is walking with this AOL Tech Guy, and this guy comes up to them and is like "Congradulations, you are a winner". And the tech guy goes "See, we blocked spam and pop-ups!" And then they walk into a building and the "Spam guy" hits his face on the door.

LeoCrasher

Former Administrator
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
::1
AOL are hardly a bad example of a business, and a brilliant example of marketing (of which I wouldn't be surprised if its they're main department). They do an 'ok' deal for an uncapped service, although I get exactly the same for 16.99 (512/256). They're technical support is very limited, but I don't suppose that can be helped when all they have is pre-determined answers on a sceen.

However the users... bliddy hell I can draw a picture of a mental institute and struggle to point out differences. (Present company accepted, b'cos you must be smarter than the average AOL'er to get here by typing a domain longer than 9 characters). Its understandable however as this is EXACTLY who AOL aim for, which is why they can get away with what they do. ie - the 'mummy says so browser' and the little more than reasonable price.

/Leo

Lionheart

"SCHMIBBIT"
VIP
Jul 12, 2003
North Wales
hmm im using AOl... and yes.. yes its very crap...

I had to ring up 4 fkin times in a row and still didnt sort my problem.

Everytime sum1 picks the fkin phone up, or puts it back down it d/c's me. So after a year and a half i thought...fk it, ill go ring em and sort it.......

Call 1: to ask to sort it out, was this kinda spanish woman lady, and she did fk all for me, i asked wht was wrong and she said "sorry, our broadband check is down for about half an hour, so she left a note on my account so ppl can understand why i will be callin bk in about an hour.... i asked for my MAC and she told em to ring another number to get that...

Call 2: Some sorta old brummie woman.... Asked for my MAC but i didnt have my dads credit card (thought it was my mums on account), and she didnt understand why so i told her to look on my account at note spanish lady left.... she couldnt understand it ¬.¬, so i couldnt get my MAC but she said to give AOL another chance and she put me up to 1MB to help.... bribary......

Call 3: Some Londoner man, said BB Test was up, but he can only do it with my original cables, and no extention cables.................... FFS i brought an extention cable in order to get it to my PC upstairs FGS, so i couldnt do that since theres no way the 1/2 meter cable AOL provided would reach. So he said to call back when i do it... He also didnt understand wht the note was the spanish lady left ¬.¬

Call 4: i sumhoe managed to get my AOL cable to reach.. even tho my PC was practicall on the stairs and it seemed to work ok... so i asked if i could order an extention of that! ... some asian guy answerd this time, and he told me as long as my cable was RJ11 compatible, it will work fine.

SO.. i order a RJ11 cable for 12 quid or summit odd, which was 10 meters and they said dont go over that .. so i didnt... and it seemed to work fine at 1st!!!....... then on next day kept fkin up again.....

So im gonna get my MAC and go sumwhere else, whts best place to go to!? or does ne1 kno why its fkin up... apart fromt he fact its AOL :P

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
I had tht problem, but when someone picked up phone my arrows didn't respond they told me it was because i was using an extension which was true because i had to take me phone and plug it in beside pc into the extension and if i picked up phone aol dc's.

but when it was downstairs and not in an extension it worked fine

Biohazard

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Apr 21, 2003
Salem, Oregon
1) AOL sucks.
2) Slowest speeds in the world.
3) Reasonable prices? Its like $22 a month! DSL is about $20 a month! And other *BETTER* 56k companies are around $10 a month.
4) AOL sucks.
5) I'd rather shoot myself then use AOL.
6) Did I mention AOL sucks?