Arcadia

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
Did I mention the server is in beta?

Btw the server is in beta

i dont count that as a valid excuse , the noob area is terrible. Who wants to keep running back and forth killing noob monsters for hours to get an extra 30 exp off quests?

The items all over the floor make it look like a 10 year old did the drops , neway good luck with the server.

edit: Have you even played the lower levels yourself and found it to be fun in anyway at all? The beta excuse is getting old with all games , you didn't need beta testers to play the first 40 levels. The server might be great after the noob area but i bet you loose more people in the first 10 mins because its boring.

Last edited:

Scorpian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 8, 2003
Manchester
Why fix what is'nt broken? It would take a very very long time to re write that content and there is simply no need when I have so much more to add to it. Currently releasing the new content is not my priority as there are other issues that need resolving

Cocopops

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 18, 2011
i dont count that as a valid excuse , the noob area is terrible. Who wants to keep running back and forth killing noob monsters for hours to get an extra 30 exp off quests?

The items all over the floor make it look like a 10 year old did the drops , neway good luck with the server.

edit: Have you even played the lower levels yourself and found it to be fun in anyway at all? The beta excuse is getting old with all games , you didn't need beta testers to play the first 40 levels. The server might be great after the noob area but i bet you loose more people in the first 10 mins because its boring.

If im honest, the noob area was fun. Only leveling though quests which is just boring as ****.

kevin87

Night date without obligations, one night only
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 11, 2005
Usa
but what people are saying to u scorp is that most of us grinded p69 from when it was in its 1.4 days, yee congrats for holding a server up for so long, but all we've seen so far is p69, if people loved it that much they would have just stayed on p69, u put it basically on heroes because they're new files, and its jst the same old **** different day, im not impressed atall, i dont mind the odd grind, but not the same old server i was playing 8yrs ago, update and expand ur ideas, ur saying u have new content but thats what we wanna see...

Scorpian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 8, 2003
Manchester

Thats lovely. I tested it and it works fine, it teaches players the main points of Mir.

Dorf

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 13, 2009
people want it all now!!! it's just so they can move to the next server in 4 weeks.

Scorpian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 8, 2003
Manchester
Thats the point isnt it, this server will be running in 3..5..how many years time? You will not be seeing all the shiny new content in border town

kevin87

Night date without obligations, one night only
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 11, 2005
Usa
Thats the point isnt it, this server will be running in 3..5..how many years time? You will not be seeing all the shiny new content in border town
but u can make a server last 3....5 years down the line putting in some thing new, not something thats 10 yrs old..... jst my point ofcourse every1 else is different

Cocopops

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 18, 2011

3.5 years is a long time, no time like the present.

Eddie Strike

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 26, 2010
I think the starter area is pretty good, it's kinda like a "tutorial island" in traditional mmo's.

Had tons of fun on the server so far, btw.

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
Seems to be a lot of mixed reviews acting as if this is a finished server, in no way is it complete. It's up for beta testing to see how players find it and if they can find any major bugs really. If none are discovered then it'd continue smoothly, but with this file set being one of our newest there will be bugs as scorp has noticed but the content far outweighs that. You won't notice fresh content at the start, you'll notice the same old mir you've come to love.

Those that have adjusted to high-rate servers will complain and whine about how slow it is or how little content there is, mainly due to they're here to look over new stuff but you have to work to see that :) Great to see so many people have logged on to test it let alone over 200+ that's incredible for mir at this point.

Goodluck with the server and the files scorp, hope it's another one to stay around for the years.

/Czeldabolg

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Scorpion, in reply t your question earlier, it wasn't a big server. Probably around 30-40 user count.

Cocopops

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 18, 2011
Few things:
Zt needs upping its **** atm, some zt mobs are op.
Boars in stonetemp.
Better "Grinding" leveling caves.
lower thrust, it rapes wizards.
Cap curse, with taos base its gonna be op

BleH

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 14, 2004
Bristol, UK, England
One main thing thats gonna stop this server from keeping alot of new people is the fact you cant actually grind, If you want to level you have to do quests killing mobs is pointless otherwise.

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Y make the same old server? why not make some fresh content as you said p69 has been up 10 years. doesnt matter if its in beta.

Btw, all u do is quest you can't grind it out like a normal mir server, thats a fault.

disagree with this, i had to stop questing @ level 39 as the Convent quest is impossible for wizards.

And im level 52 of grinding in Death Valley.... tho ihave no idea if 52 is high/low/medium

Cocopops

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 18, 2011
disagree with this, i had to stop questing @ level 39 as the Convent quest is impossible for wizards.

And im level 52 of grinding in Death Valley.... tho ihave no idea if 52 is high/low/medium

I know u havent done that from just killing mobs, theres no way.

Smidge

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2009

This.

I was the second to level 50, via quests, im now 54 and ive been over taken over night, but ive been hunting with Sorcerymaster a lot and we struggle to level and i lure, he Thunder Storms the mobs. There is no way you did from 39-52. Some of the quests are solid, specially for a warrior when you need stupid ACC and A-Speed. Don't get me wrong im enjoying it, but i just think it could be made so that you could actually grind instead of relying on the quests.

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham

Yeh, its like 40mins a level? Untill level 50-51 then its just stupidly hard, i did likle 50-52 on that grain quest in PI? rest of the levels were made in DV before i knew that farm guy exsisted.

why do hiddenlands/terrortemple have virtually the same exp per mob? give or take 30 exp....