Atlantica Online

smoochy boys on tour

Kani

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 8, 2007
Free MMORPG currently in CB

It is a turn based game, for example you run around, accept quests, talk to people etc get items sell, upgrade all that lot but when u attack a monster you have a team mercenarys, you get more the higher level your main guy gets, archer, gunner, monk, viking, swordsman, spearman, shaman etc you attack the monster with your guys then they attack you and so on, I think it is actually a wicked game, try it.

A video of battling: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFuY1NprrtU

Although the video is in chinese, the link below is for the English version.

http://atlantica.ndoorsgames.com/center/default.asp

MrElusive

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 12, 2008
For closed beta this game is quality.

Plenty of players, huge real world maps, easy combat system and a proper quest structure plus the option to grind or quest

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
Looked at the homepage itself and i didn't think it looked like giving a try..

Seems like every other free MMORPG out there nowadays, there's just no originality. =/

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Somehow i don't see this type of gameplay working for an online game.

On a console game it works, like Final Fantasy, theres a point and a story for those battles, but for an online game where you can just run around and continuously pick and choose battles like that? It would get boring very quickly

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
controlling multiple characters just isnt gd for online rpgs. u cant personalise and interact as well. whole point of an mmorpg imo is playing as if u were that one character, not a group of ppl.

and turn based fighting. doesnt that mean u cant team up with real players? another pointless idea imo.

Nightrider

~{GoD}~
VIP
Feb 21, 2004
Southampton,Uk
you can team up with other players, when you fight it just puts more monsters :P also GvE is good as you can have like 5 people + 5 charas each vs 25mobs+2 sub boss + boss :P its good :P
-Dan

MrElusive

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 12, 2008
controlling multiple characters just isnt gd for online rpgs. u cant personalise and interact as well. whole point of an mmorpg imo is playing as if u were that one character, not a group of ppl.

and turn based fighting. doesnt that mean u cant team up with real players? another pointless idea imo.

you don't 'play' 5/6/7 characters. You choose your main character which is displayed when you walk around. The Rest are mercenaries which you need to hire. If your main dies, its game over like the rest of the MMO's.

I think this system works great. Its a more tactical method of playing rather than just hacking and slashing away and there's always 5+ mobs to kill, rather than just one.

with other people, each player plays at exactly the same time within a one turn. So you get player turn (30secs) then mob turn (30secs) and then player again, rather than one turn each

and thats just the battle =p

the map is real world so features loads of real world cities such as London, Amsterdam, Calcutta to name a few. A guild can bid to control one of these cities and earns extra quests + exp + cash for taking one. Members can wonder around the world persuading people to join their city and increasse their bonus. Guilds can then from nations. Dunno what it is cos no1's got one yet =p

p.s. Mack, i got my Key from FilePlanet and my bro got his from MMORPG.com

MrElusive

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 12, 2008
there's still plenty of keys availble. They're doing a recruiting event, just head to their website and they give a list of sites which give keys away