Atlantica Online

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Website: http://atlantica.ndoorsgames.com/center/default.asp

Anyone play this game? It's good fun, it has all the functions on any other free MMORPG, except the battle scenes aren't out in the open. When you walk into a mob, or when you attack a mob, it takes you into an entirely different scene where you do your fighting.

Instead of Real-time attacking, its turn based (Like Final Fantasy), you have a limited time for each side to do their attacks. You can have a total of 3 teams each side (e.g. 3 Players Vs 3 Mobs or 3 Players Vs 3 Players etc) and each team can consist of 9 players. Look at the screenshots on the website and you'll see what i mean lol

Like any other have you have your main character (The one you create at the very beginning), this can be a Swordsman, Spearman, Archer, Gunner, Shaman, Axeman or Artilleryman. Then during the game you will eventually end up with 8 out of the 17 other Mercenary characters that you hire as you progress through the game, giving you a total of 9 controllable characters.

Lv.1 = 3 Mercenaries (4 Characters Total)
Lv.10 = 4 Mercenaries (5 Characters Total)
Lv.20 = 5 Mercenaries (6 Characters Total)
Lv.30 = 6 Mercenaries (7 Characters Total)
Lv.40 = 7 Mercenaries (8 Characters Total)
Lv.50 = 8 Mercenaries (9 Characters Total)

You can have up to 17 playable characters:
Swordsman
Spearman
Archer
Gunner
Artilleryman
Shaman
Monk
Viking
Beast Trainer
Witch
Princess
Exorcist
Oracle
Inventor
Cannoneer
Lady Knight

Each Merc can be upgraded a total of 4 times:
Lv.20 = First Upgrade
Lv.50 = Second Upgrade
Lv.80 = Third Upgrade
Lv.100 = Fourth Upgrade

Each upgrade makes the Mercenary more powerful.

As you do, the main thing you do is level, level, level lol, but it's not all about level that gives you the advantage. Some Mercenaries do line attacks, some do single so you have to be strategic about how you attack mobs or other players (e.g. keeping your main character at the back), your main character is like the general of the army, if he dies, the others just run away lol, it has 4 PvP events each day where you can test your skills against other players and go up through the divisions.

You start at Division 18, and eventually end up at Division 10 (Naturally as you progress through the Divisions, the players become a higher level and more skilled)

You also have other little things to do incase you get bored, such as item crafting, treasure hunting (You can buy treasure maps from the Market in any town, you right click the map and you have 5 minutes to get to its locations), sometimes they can spawn the other side of the map, so you just use the travel agency to teleport to the closest city.

I'll explain some more when i get back to my flat, cause i'm in Uni right now lol, but give it a look over and see what you think :D Feel free to join my guild and we'll have a laugh ^_^

For anyone who already plays, i play on the Mycenae server

Reactions: Kadama

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
When i was playing Rohan and people were getting pissed off with the botters they were all saying they are moving to this game when it came out, i noticed the battle scene and straight away thought of final fantasy which is what i miss now they have taken it out of the new ones :( but suppose il try it out. Graphics ait that all good tbh.

demonx

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 4, 2004
England
is a good idea for a game played it a few weeks back, good game to try but i unfortunately got a bit bored.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Depends where you got bored at, if it was within the first 30 levels then you need to keep going, it gets a lot more fun lol.

I admit i was bored at the beginner levels too, which i think they need to work on a little, but once i was passed it, it got a lot more fun with all the PvP i could do, treasure hunting, party hunting etc

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Sounds a little like the final fantasy fighting. I like the sounds of it, Only just skim read what you put, Is it free to play?

/Zen2

mirlin6

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 11, 2004
United Kingdom
downloading now, hopefully i will play this game been a while since ive played any games so hopefully this will get me back into online gaming :D

Kadama

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 28, 2004
West Midlands, Malvern
Just downloaded it logged in and done the first few quests, easy to learn the controls and battle system i found, and it looks an exciting game to play.

Im off out now so i wont be able to play till tomorrow, but i joined the same server the guy who made this thread and my names Kadama on there, leave ur names on this thread when you've made your char and we'll all group up or something? Makes it a bit more fun :)

/Kad

mirlin6

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 11, 2004
United Kingdom
im online now, got 4 mercs spearman, archer, shamen and gunner my mouse just broke tho in middle of a boss battle luckly i have a spare one

game is awesome im enjoying it so far lots of nice people who will help you/ give you gifts :) so this is positive feedback and anyone who hasent played this yet should do its cool

Char Name: Xenopher

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
Started playing this couple of days ago, seems like a very interesting game.

Playing on Macedom (I think thats how you spell it) server. In a guild called "STRENGTH of the WORLD" which we have forum's for at http://strengthoftheworld.sting3g.com/

I first saw my mate playing it and thought, what a pile of crap.. but dam, I tried it and I am well into it now. Absolutely tonnes of quests you can do, Crafting for everything. Auto run so you don't have to manually run anywhere (You can also teleport to anywhere you have already been when you build up you Will). Too much to mention in such a small post.

PVP is a big thing on this game, and there is matches going on all the time, including nice leagues and all sorts. And the customisation is VERY good, you can mix and match to suit exactly what you want.

Recommended, I don't everything about the game as yet, but I am learning, if you decide to give it a go, PM me in Game "idaBigA".

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Going to give it ago, lvl30 on Ys now and can't go any higher :cray:, seen this game a while ago but it just looks..... don't know how to describe it, but having 4 characters at once, surly that must be a tricky task to handle.

Downloading now.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Started playing it tonight, got to admit it's better then i thought, just one problem, game keeps crashing every 10minutes which is bloody annoying. idaBigA am on the same server as you, you having this problem?

Name is Zerberoz,

Silent

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 2, 2008
Started playing this couple of days ago, seems like a very interesting game.

Playing on Macedom (I think thats how you spell it) server. In a guild called "STRENGTH of the WORLD" which we have forum's for at http://strengthoftheworld.sting3g.com/

I first saw my mate playing it and thought, what a pile of crap.. but dam, I tried it and I am well into it now. Absolutely tonnes of quests you can do, Crafting for everything. Auto run so you don't have to manually run anywhere (You can also teleport to anywhere you have already been when you build up you Will). Too much to mention in such a small post.

PVP is a big thing on this game, and there is matches going on all the time, including nice leagues and all sorts. And the customisation is VERY good, you can mix and match to suit exactly what you want.

Recommended, I don't everything about the game as yet, but I am learning, if you decide to give it a go, PM me in Game "idaBigA".

who is your mate? i was playing this and i was in that guild along with trixx and my mentor forgot his name...i am thinking of playing it again.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Solved that crashing issue.

Couple of hours playing and really enjoying it, still a little confused on things but getting there, chars are all 10-14 at the moment.

Silent

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 2, 2008
Solved that crashing issue.

Couple of hours playing and really enjoying it, still a little confused on things but getting there, chars are all 10-14 at the moment.

grind your way through the quests once you to lvl 32+ your mercs start to get lethal with awesome skills, like my main had a lvl 20 masss area of effect skill , monks are great. cleanse stun protect against skills against you, shamans are great too....brutal will is awesome, hex combined with swordsman and the right skill is deadly...so many skill combos you can do with the right mercs, its just trial and error.