Bashing Servers...

DarkDragon14

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 13, 2003
Orlando, Florida
Okay...I dont say much on here and when I do its normally short and never bashing any server for being below the standards of the mir world...But lately I have been getting a little annoyed with a lot of people on LOMCN bashing servers for not being "good" enough. When you talk about a persons server being bad that makes them want to stop giving you updates and in time makes them put the server down...This happens with a lot of servers and we can definately see it as of late. It is simple...if you do not like the server or you think it is boring, just don't play it...Don't flame the thread saying the server is crappy or no one should ever play it because people like different things. That is all I really have to say...Please take this into consideration.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
its not flaming, its called constructive critisism. if the only comments people made were 'wow great server', the owner would never know how to improve. yet when someone says 'the exp sucks on here' or 'theres no places to hunt, this server sucks'. straight away the owner knows how to improve.

if people cant take critisism, they shouldnt make a thread on an open forum.

Please take this into consideration.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
if you do not like the server or you think it is boring, just don't play it...

lol so you'd rather have an empty server because evryone thinks its crap than having people tell u its bad points so u can improve....?

farril is right

DarkDragon14

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 13, 2003
Orlando, Florida
Yes I 100% agree with you Farphit...thats not what I meant though...When people tells the GM they are corrupt or when people say you never give any updates on your server is what I am talkin about...The owner has put the server up for us...Like i said I do agree with you Farphit and thanks for the reply...I was just saying that is why most servers get taken down. And Tai if the server is that bad where no one plays it then don't you think the owner would know to change things on the server? Honestly he doesn't need people telling him that he sucks at everything

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
every1s entitled to their own opinion.

and most the times when ppl are sayin the server is corrupt, it normally is.

look at might, soon as it went corrupt and heyhey started givin items 2 his brother/sister/wotever it thinks it is nowadays, ppl noticed.. called him corrupt... he couldnt handle the truth so he put the server down.

imo, 90% of the host these days are not capable of runnin a server, they dont have wot it takes to listen 2 the comments from players to help improve the server, and they cant take the bad hits that are gonna come 2.

server host has gotta be able 2 put up with loads of bs, most cant... eventually end up cryin about it and give in.