Battlefield 3

Join Discord

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
I was in a match the other night, defending on Canals and some idiot lost the Mobile AA and I **** you not within 30 seconds there was atleast 6 engineers closing down on it and me with my MAV to spot and that was that, we got our AA back. You must have got lucky and been up against a bunch of people who don't know how to work as a team.

I'll admit ANYTHING looks better on a PC, it's just the way it is.

As for why I choose to have a games console for playing games is the fact I don't want to spend the price of a new PS3 every 6 months to upgrade my PC so it can run the new awesome graphics games. And if Sony's consistencey is anything to go by we should have a new PS console by the end of 2012.

My mate built a sweet PC with its purpose being to run Crysis (not the 2nd shitty attempt at Crysis I mean the one on the island) and within a year he could not run new games at full graphics and was looking at £100+ to upgrade. Then again I have seen Crysis 1 & 2 running in windowed mode side by side with no slow down or screen ripping but then again money was no object for him lol.

Oh and also another huuuuge reason I don't play games like this on my PC is comfort, I get horrid pains in my fingers having to use the keyboard and mouse to do my moving and shooting. It only seems to be intense games that have this effect as Mir is not painfull but GTA is.

And to be fair, it doesn't look bad, I would go so far as to say no matter what console or "Gaming Rig" this is played on it looks freakin' sweet. But then again it is the best shooter out right now...

The way things are going console gaming will control the market, thus there will be no reason for developers to push boundary's with their games as the platforms cant support it, this can already be seen in effect with the majority of games porting from console.
This is really bad for the gaming community, but great for the game developers, they can push out half arsed games which are 5 years+ behind the technology which is already available and people will still buy it because they have no choice.

even the mobile technology is progressing much faster than console and would likely surpass it if they didn't have to factor in product size, the console developers are lazy, leaving it longer and longer between an update. Its PC gaming which pushes boundary's, and what makes games visually better for every platform and if developers keep putting console before pc its a slippery slope which would be very difficult for the gaming industry to pick itself back out of.

so ask yourself, what's a few hundred quid a year? its a small price to pay for higher quality games imho.

Last edited:

Foopah

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 7, 2011
Livingston
Am loving some of the new Karkand guns you get from the Assignments, Famas is great and the MG36 with foregrip has so little recoil its just point and spray lol. Close to getting the L96, which am looking forward to opening peoples skulls with. Is it just me or did they select the guns with horrible iron sights for this DLC, Famas is horrible when using the irons, its like looking down a tire to see the enemy and in the process limiting your vision. Also don't get me started on the stupid graphic glitch with the Chinese sniper rifle, the 88 something or other, can only use the gun with irons otherwise your soldier holds the rifle 3 feet above his head aming backwards with some distorted arms and when you zoom it just magnifies your screen and not give you a sight at all. Your bullets still go forward but you have to do some 12x no-scoping lol.

Have to say, since my time playing Bad Company 2 I was mainly an engineer but in BF3 I rarely go the class now. Shame really. But they have made the other class' alot more worth playing.

iJam

To the rhythm
VIP
Oct 8, 2007
London
Iknow what you mean about the iron sights lol horrible to aim with get a kobra or holo on them apart from that i like all the new weapons, my favourite has got to be the L96 "i love sniping" if i'm not sniping i would go with the L85A2.

Them weapon glitchs from my experiance you get it with the QBU-88 and the MG36 and it only does it on the new maps.
http://i.imgur.com/7P0cU.jpg very annoying glitch :/

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Have to say, since my time playing Bad Company 2 I was mainly an engineer but in BF3 I rarely go the class now. Shame really. But they have made the other class' alot more worth playing.

Odd, I have to say I've found the Engineer the most useful in BF3. On small maps like Op Metro rocket spamming nets you lots of kills and on the bigger vehicle based maps going Engineer is required if the other team has any half way decent fliers (So long as you have a squad mate to work with to beat the flares).

I tend to switch between Support and Engineer mostly. Love the M249.

Foopah

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 7, 2011
Livingston
I got the L96, don't like it one bit. Went straight back to my M40A5. I feel the L96 fires too slow compared to the M40A5 and the bullet dip is not as predictable. Perhaps I need to spend more time with it.

Milo you "Rocket-Noob" lol.

As I said I used to use Engineer alot, hell am almost on my second service star for engineer but I can control the battle alot better as an Assault, healing and reviving to maintain a strong Offence/Defence depending on situation. The M320 is amazing fun aswell, shame it has to replace the health packs. The most times I get the MVP ribbon is when I am Assault.

Too many people are engineers, it seems to be peoples preffered class since its got a chunking great rocket, "Fire and Forget" AT-mines (which thank you Dice they are Nerfing soon) and a repair tool. But too often engineers run past my flaming tank and don't repair so I am forced to ditch it. This comment is not just aimed at stupid engineers but stupid people in general. If I am facing you with a huge Bullet icon above my head it means I need ammo, does not mean ignore me and use your mortars. Idiot! (Don't worry I team-killed the idiot and he spawned on me and gave me ammo) See, some people can learn.

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Yeah Engineer is definitely more useful and needed in BF3 than BC2, mainly due to huge difference in the amount of vehicles.

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Yeah saw it about a week ago, it's pretty cool.

Just had this game with my Dad, was pretty epic. Almost 40k points including 2 medals, a 1k ticket server won with almost 700 to spare... ownage!

jamessss

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 18, 2004
So frustrating u guys posting vids regardin BF3!! Currently buying pieces bit by bit month by month to build this rig n eventually play it. It's painful looking at the gtx 570 cards n not being able to put them to use... best be worth it!! >_<

Foopah

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 7, 2011
Livingston
So frustrating u guys posting vids regardin BF3!! Currently buying pieces bit by bit month by month to build this rig n eventually play it. It's painful looking at the gtx 570 cards n not being able to put them to use... best be worth it!! >_<

I wish I could afford a gaming rig for BF3 but sadly I need to settle with PS3. Tho all my FPS experience is with a pad not mouse and keyboard so reckon I would get slaughtered on PC. Am normally the one doing the slaughtering... http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/26358282/4/271910995/ I may have lost the game but to be fair, I was winning in my own way. :P So close to Tank service star 2 I can taste it.

jamessss

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 18, 2004
I wish I could afford a gaming rig for BF3 but sadly I need to settle with PS3. Tho all my FPS experience is with a pad not mouse and keyboard so reckon I would get slaughtered on PC. Am normally the one doing the slaughtering... http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/26358282/4/271910995/ I may have lost the game but to be fair, I was winning in my own way. :P So close to Tank service star 2 I can taste it.

Vice versa i suck arse on consoles! just built the rig and had problems with origin, had to update to SP2 and update windows on everything took a few hours, was pulling my hair out ha.
Absolutely loving the graphics, everythiing maxed out and still getting good fps... only hit level 7 atm though... wot lvl is the tank?

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Modern Warfare was amazing.

Modern Warfare 2 wasn't as amazing.

What's your point?

Whats the different between the two? there both exactly the same, along with blackops/3. like carbon copys of each other

P.s battlefield 3 is the ****,

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Whats the different between the two? there both exactly the same, along with blackops/3. like carbon copys of each other

P.s battlefield 3 is the ****,

That's the point.

If you eat chicken every day, eventually you'll ****ing hate chicken.

Foopah

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 7, 2011
Livingston
Vice versa i suck arse on consoles! just built the rig and had problems with origin, had to update to SP2 and update windows on everything took a few hours, was pulling my hair out ha.
Absolutely loving the graphics, everythiing maxed out and still getting good fps... only hit level 7 atm though... wot lvl is the tank?

Least it's up and running :)

Level? You jump in it and its a tank... Each player unlocks "perks" or upgrades for vehicles as you use them. Tank is 100,000 points to unlock everything and get Tank Service Star 1. The first time you jump in a tank you will have the main cannon and thats it. Zoom, motion sensor, coaxial lmg/hmg, canister shell, guided shell (yeah, a mother****ing guided shell o.O) and a few other things will all come over time. :) Conquest is a good mode to level tanks (or helicopters) 200-450 points just for the flag. Also have seen a guy cap the first point of Caspian border in the jet...