Beast of a Monitor!

smoochy boys on tour

Insane

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 18, 2003
The Matrix!!
Never been a fan of multi monitors... for gaming at least, i like my monitor nice and central! The only benefit, as some of my clan have, is to have games running on one monitor and IRC running on the other, but to be honest i couldnt be arsed. The last thing i want when im playing ra2 or other dm games online is to be able to see ppl chatting away out the corner of my eye.

However, it would be good for my video editing projects as it allows more of the timeline to viewed at once, although i run at around 2000ish res anyway, so everythings that small it almost all fits in regardless. A nice widescreen plasma would be good for that like, although i dont know if games would look too good stretched along the screen.

That huge monitor looks sweet though :)

kud125

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 18, 2004
where you get that keyboard blam, i might invest in one

thankies

Senture

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 8, 2004
lmao this is 1 tangent thread:

i have 2 comps running 3 monitors, each 1 is different :S

would post a pic but my camera is crap :S

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
less of the chit chat more of the screenies, n start showing pics well beleive, not the 1s with clean desks lol

anto

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Feb 18, 2005
Guess i'll just have to embarress you all.

Attachments

• mynre.jpg
    mynre.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 42

Insane

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 18, 2003
The Matrix!!
Blaminator said:
Last one in stock I got it, a few months ago, www.scan.co.uk, Logitech G15, the best damn keyboard evar, research it my friend

Ive got a Saitek Gamers Keyboard, ultra responsive soft touch keys that make virtually no clicking when a keystroke is made.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/input/7515/

http://www.saitekusa.com/usa/prod/gamerskey.htm

I have a Logitech MX1000 lasermouse, so responsive ive had to lower all my games sensitivitys by about 70% and still get the same movement arc as i did before.

Almost a £100 for keyboard and mouse lol, but the best money ive ever spent on PC hardware of any description.

Blaminator

VIP
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 11, 2003
London
Insane said:
Ive got a Saitek Gamers Keyboard, ultra responsive soft touch keys that make virtually no clicking when a keystroke is made.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/input/7515/

http://www.saitekusa.com/usa/prod/gamerskey.htm

I have a Logitech MX1000 lasermouse, so responsive ive had to lower all my games sensitivitys by about 70% and still get the same movement arc as i did before.

Almost a £100 for keyboard and mouse lol, but the best money ive ever spent on PC hardware of any description.

G7 and G15 combo is far better :D

While the Saitek is nice, it's no G15,

Insane

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 18, 2003
The Matrix!!
Blaminator said:
G7 and G15 combo is far better :D

While the Saitek is nice, it's no G15,

The G15 is a mint keyboard like, although for me, still having a CRT monitor, it looks like it would take up a bit too much desk space. I went for the saitek because its relativly compact in design with little to no space outside the keyboard pad.

Looks like the G7 is a direct step up from the MX1000 series, looks identical too, apart from the color. The main advantage i see for me in that is the hot swap batteries, but i get 4 full days worth of use out of one charge of the in-built lith-ion batteries, and i put the mouse on the base charger when im in bed so it isnt so bad.

Nice combo anyhow :)

Blaminator

VIP
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 11, 2003
London
Yeah, the G15 is the biggest keyboard i've ever seen, but the G-Keys, Backlight, media keys, gaming switch, just make it the damn best, feels smooth as well, and also has little tunnels underneath it to route cables, and it also has 2 USB Ports :cool:

kud125

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 18, 2004
i would love all this fancy keyboard gear

BUT they would all probably be too big for my desk, i only have a small room, therefore i was forced to get a small desk, which leaves me little to no room for keyboard and mouse on the sliding shelf. I guess i will have to stick with my crappy logitech cordless set :(:( I SUCK.